Post-Game Talk: #81 | Hurricanes at FLYERS | Thu., Apr. 5, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I still say Neuvirth is easily our best goalie, if he could stay healthy.

Anyone who disagrees can fight me.
tenor.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I join in on the "Striiker is a middle schooler" meme all the time even though I'm pretty sure he's at least three or four years older than me.

I apologize.

It's OK, everyone has to be in 3rd-6th grade sometime.

Except Hakstol. Hakstol spent that period of his life crushing beets to produce sugar.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I still say Neuvirth is easily our best goalie, if he could stay healthy.

Anyone who disagrees can fight me.

He was great in February, which is his MO, one great stretch a year before he breaks down.
But I don't think most goalies break down due to overuse, sure, 65 starts would do it, but one month's heavy workload?
If that was true, teams would carry 3-4 goalies.

Some goalies just are fragile, one false move and ding (groin, hamstring, abdominal muscle, shoulder . . . ).
One reason to watch Sandstrom carefully, he's starting to get a ding history.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He was great in February, which is his MO, one great stretch a year before he breaks down.
But I don't think most goalies break down due to overuse, sure, 65 starts would do it, but one month's heavy workload?
If that was true, teams would carry 3-4 goalies.

Some goalies just are fragile, one false move and ding (groin, hamstring, abdominal muscle, shoulder . . . ).
One reason to watch Sandstrom carefully, he's starting to get a ding history.

Do you think it's good coaching to overuse fragile goalies, like by playing them in back-to-back games?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Don't you ever get tired of trolling me?

I'm not trolling you. I'm trying to understand what you consider to be good coaching. Considering your eternal defense of Hakstol, so far it appears that you consider terrible bench management, bad conditioning, and poor goalie handling to be good coaching traits.

Is that the case?

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
i think we need better goaltender coaches it seems every goalie we get regresses after they play here for a few years. much like the pk it keeps getting worse and worse with the same coaching

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most goalies regress, look at Fleury, then he goes to Vegas and bounces back, Murray has regressed this year.
Goalies are just plain weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad