Post-Game Talk: #81 | FLYERS at Jets | Wednesday, Apr. 27, 2022 | 7:30 pm ET | SNW, SNP, TVAS, NBCSP

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
0R0RFn3.jpg
Did not disappoint!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Going back 30+ years, the Flyers has had eight picks in single digits.

1990 Mike Ricci - 4
1991 Peter Forsberg -- 6
1992 Ryan Sittler -- 7
2002 Joni Pitkanen -- 4
2007 James van Riemsdyk -- 2
2011 Sean Couturier -- 8
2015 Ivan Provorov -- 7
2017 Nolan Patrick -- 2

The team is on the clock. They desperately need an impact player at some point.
This pick is absolutely critical. No doubt about it.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Going back 30+ years, the Flyers has had eight picks in single digits.

1990 Mike Ricci - 4
1991 Peter Forsberg -- 6
1992 Ryan Sittler -- 7
2002 Joni Pitkanen -- 4
2007 James van Riemsdyk -- 2
2011 Sean Couturier -- 8
2015 Ivan Provorov -- 7
2017 Nolan Patrick -- 2

The team is on the clock. They desperately need an impact player at some point.

That is such an awful drafting record. Wow.

We traded away 5 of our 8 top picks. Ricci and Forsberg got us Lindros, but Ricci and Forsberg got cups.

There's one legitimate star in that list that we kept - Coots.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
That is such an awful drafting record. Wow.

We traded away 5 of our 8 top picks. Ricci and Forsberg got us Lindros, but Ricci and Forsberg got cups.

There's one legitimate star in that list that we kept - Coots.
JVR would have been an OK pick had the Flyers been patient (Ha!) and not traded him for a shit sandwich.

But yeah, pretty terrible. Coots, Provorov and Patrick should have been the current core of the team. Look how that’s turned out.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Bottom 5 finish confirmed. 1 point swing to finish no higher than 4th.

With some luck, could even be passed by Seattle.
Bottom 4 finish at min. confirmed. 29th overall. Accidental tank worked.

If Flyers win and NJ lose out, the Devils win the tiebreaker with 27 wins to Flyers' 26.

If Seattle gets 3 points in last two games, they would also pass the Flyers based on wins in regulation (assuming Flyers lose vs Ottawa.

Flyers can actually try to win vs. Ottawa and it won't affect the lottery placing, but losing would be better in case the Kraken grabs a few points to get to 61. We'll see.

NHL Hockey Standings

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So that's 7 in a row losses I've witnessed live. . 7-1, 7-3, 4-1, 4-0, 4-0, the 2 shutouts this year. Thousands of miles travelled, over 3 grand in tickets for me and my party(I pay since I'm dragging them to games), all under Chuck f***ing Fletcher. This f***ing team truly sucks. Really no need to go into deal, they're just bad, you've seen it.
W.H.Y. D.I.D. Y.O.U. D.O. T.H.A.T. T.O. Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F?

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
That Ryan Sittler pick bothers me. Didn't they blow another pick in that same draft? Jason Bowen or someone around 15?

If they nailed those picks the entire history of the franchise could have changed; ie. add those players to the Lindros team

Not to mention Clarke threw away valuable assets on Pat Falloon and Alexander Daigle...... Management didn't maximize the roster potential of that Lindros team.

Flyers have had horrible management since Clarke took over in 85.
That 80s team was mainly due to Mccammon's drafting.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That Ryan Sittler pick bothers me. Didn't they blow another pick in that same draft? Jason Bowen or someone around 15?

If they nailed those picks the entire history of the franchise could have changed; ie. add those players to the Lindros team

Not to mention Clarke threw away valuable assets on Pat Falloon and Alexander Daigle...... Management didn't maximize the roster potential of that Lindros team.

Flyers have had horrible management since Clarke took over in 85.
That 80s team was mainly due to Mccammon's drafting.

That entire 1st round, and really the whole draft, was one of the worst in the last 30 years. Hell, Yashin ended up the leading scoring forward of that draft class with 781 points. I don't think much would have changed. Drafting Gonchar instead of Sittler would have been nice but Gonchar went 7 picks later and 1 before Bowen.

• Wow
Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That entire 1st round, and really the whole draft, was one of the worst in the last 30 years. Hell, Yashin ended up the leading scoring forward of that draft class with 781 points. I don't think much would have changed. Drafting Gonchar instead of Sittler would have been nice but Gonchar went 7 picks later and 1 before Bowen.

I hate Gonchar. Human people aren't named Gonchar. A back goiter full of teeth is called Gonchar.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA

People always talk about 96 and 99 but wow, never realized how bad 92 was. Gonchar, Smith, and Straka were really the only NHL players taken the rest of the first round after the Flyers' first pick. I guess Marshall too but he certainly wouldn't be a needle mover.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Highlight of Gromps night, after warm ups were ending he came to throw a puck over the glass to a little bugger.

Legit it too the dipshit 3 attempts, he even sucks at being a good guy.

Using copious amounts of illegal narcotics will permanently damage your motor functions over time

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad