Post-Game Talk: #81: FLYERS at Blues, Thursday, April 4, 2019, 8:00 p.m. ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The LMAO was directed at Cohen, not Therien. Therien is right, they need someone to take some of the minutes and pressure off of Provorov.

Don’t know if they need it long term, I think Prov continues to develop along with the rest of them, but yeah... someone to help take the pressure, another talented guy would help move this forward quicker. That’s not rocket science.

I don’t care about trading any of these morons. That’s the cold truth. If it’s a smart deal, and that’s the key - goodbye.

I’m lost lately. f*** them all. Someone bring me back to sanity.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
D1kobMj.gif

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
There’s a thread on the “trade” main one where someone said “PHI 1st rounder #11-#14”

They sure do look wrong now lol

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I was only half heartedly watching this game, but almost all of our top players 5v5 fancy stats look pretty good. 2 PP goals and a short handed goal against are obviously the killer.

It's whatever at this point. Mimsy will be gone soon. They had an awesome 2nd half run fueled by post-Hak euphoria and Carter Hart. The bad, no possession, hockey system has caught up to them. Out of gas.

As long as Fletcher hires a real coach and doesn't make any panic roster moves, they'll be fine.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was only half heartedly watching this game, but almost all of our top players 5v5 fancy stats look pretty good. 2 PP goals and a short handed goal against are obviously the killer.

It's whatever at this point. Mimsy will be gone soon. They had an awesome 2nd half run fueled by post-Hak euphoria and Carter Hart. The bad, no possession, hockey system has caught up to them. Out of gas.

As long as Fletcher hires a real coach and doesn't make any panic roster moves, they'll be fine.
Exactly right.

This is what would have happened the entire time if it wasn’t for the goaltending and star players bailing them out for the last 3 months. Most of the problems we’re seeing are identical to watching the Phantoms under Gordon.

People on this board complain about it but still manage to underestimate the negative impact Gordon and his system are having on this team.

Then the lack of effort complaints start, which ironically are what’s actually lazy here. I get it’s out of frustration, but they’re still inaccurate.

Reactions: Stizzle

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You know how we signed JVR to essentially replace Simmonds, but for 1 year had both?

We need to do that this summer on defense in anticipation of moving on from Gudas. But next year, have both.

Trade Hagg. Have Morin at the #7 Dman but have him, Myers and Gudas all rotating to keep fresher guys playing. That will give a min of 50+ games each and that's with no injuries which we know we will have.

But man we need a Dman who actually plays good defense in our end AND need all our Dmen to improve there too. Not to mention team defense and help from the F.

God We need an overhaul of all our coaches at both levels.....one system for all.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You know how we signed JVR to essentially replace Simmonds, but for 1 year had both?

We need to do that this summer on defense in anticipation of moving on from Gudas. But next year, have both.

Trade Hagg. Have Morin at the #7 Dman but have him, Myers and Gudas all rotating to keep fresher guys playing. That will give a min of 50+ games each and that's with no injuries which we know we will have.

But man we need a Dman who actually plays good defense in our end AND need all our Dmen to improve there too. Not to mention team defense and help from the F.

God We need an overhaul of all our coaches at both levels.....one system for all.

Anything to get that 9-6 pair split up.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

I've hated for years the forwards not helping. Of course if you call them it out it, it's not them it's the trash defensemen. Hockey defense is a 6 person job.

Reactions: Foggy14

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Also....we need an identity.

Not a speed team
Not a heavy team
Not a defensive team
Not an offensive team
Not a smart team

With the size and speed of the defense, we should be pushing the pace AND hitting. But we do neither.

We are very easy to play against. I miss the days when teams hated coming to play in the Spectrum.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Raffl
Haag
Knight
Varone
Bailey
Haag
Farmer
Colby

None of it makes sense

This team had known holes of a wing and a center. Hextall didn't fix those with vets and kids didn't answer the bell. It ended up forcing a rotation of trash on the fourth line for 6-10 minutes a game.

Raffl is a fourth line winger or a 13/14 forward. If he's held to that role next year he's fine for his contract.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There’s a thread on the “trade” main one where someone said “PHI 1st rounder #11-#14”

They sure do look wrong now lol
Yea that was me :toothless... I didn’t except philly to lose out the rest of their games or that thread to even go as far as it has.

If a team from 11th to 15th wins a lottery spot that would push the Flyers back to 11th.

I’d rather have a higher pick and I’d rather settle for 9th or 10th but a lottery spot preferably in the top 2 would be a godsend from the hockey gods.

Imagine Hughes with the centers philly has Coots, Patty, Frost or drafting Kakko with the wingers the Flyers have. It would make a forward expendable to trade for a more cost controlled top 4 defenseman rather then signing one to a long term expensive contract.

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
Who cares really about them, I do agree there.

It’s interesting to me to hear other opinions though, even when they are dumb. I think Chris thinks Colby is an idiot. They show him just looking at him with a WTF look often.
cause he only played 3 nhl games in his "career":snide:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Given how the dmen have played recently I really think we need and will get a standout dman. I’m not sure what trouba would cost but that seems like an ideal candidate.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Who cares really about them, I do agree there.

It’s interesting to me to hear other opinions though, even when they are dumb. I think Chris thinks Colby is an idiot. They show him just looking at him with a WTF look often.
Kind of like tonight when Therien said they needed a number 1 D, or at least a shutdown type and Cohen went on and on about what a great addition Robert Bertuzzo would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad