Post-Game Talk: #81: FLYERS at Blues, Thursday, April 4, 2019, 8:00 p.m. ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Just a thought regarding the bottom 6, or even that fourth line. Whatever. Something I’ve thought about for a while.

My issue with the ditch diggers hasn’t exactly been that they don’t score.

It’s that for years they play like they have overdosed on Ativan before every game. Can sell it as solid two way bullshit, but where the hell is the intensity that you’d expect from the lesser skilled guys.

On a team like the Flyers, who have kids pushing for spots, cap space, and an attractive destination - to be exposed to the bullshit we have seen for years from the depth guys is laughable.

In a game of so much parity, everything matters. Goes for Hagg or whatever slop they constantly choose over actual talent on that back end too.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Post game talking about how they shouldn’t feel comfortable enough to come out the way they do.

Honestly? I wouldn’t give a flying f*** about staying on this club if they were to trade me.

Reactions: tucson83

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Chris T basically calling out the players for a lack of effort.

I didn’t watch most of this one, so can’t comment but it’s interesting to see the one of media guys who was so politically correct for so long about this group, kind of lose it.

Doesn’t really matter, but yeah.. whatever. I dunno.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Media say that constantly.

Any time a team loses it's because they didn't try or battle or whatever cliche they throw out there.

Same as players constantly use cliches because they can't say "yeah, [teammate] really sucks and killed us tonight" or "yeah, the system is a joke and our coach is an idiot". They always blame effort or execution.

Another stupid thing is they seem to regularly use the words "effort" and "attempt" interchangeably. As in "And a good effort by Giroux" when they're not praising his actual level of effort but instead of shot or pass or whatever.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yep Bundy looked like he heard his dog died as he talked about the play of this roster tonight.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Media say that constantly.

Any time a team loses it's because they didn't try or battle or whatever cliche they throw out there.

Same as players constantly use cliches because they can't say "yeah, [teammate] really sucks and killed us tonight" or "yeah, the system is a joke and our coach is an idiot". They always blame effort or execution.

I don’t find that with Therien. Could be wrong, but he’s been more of a fanboy this year and hasn’t really called them out this way.

He snapped a bit today. I dunno. Who cares. This sucks. Hate this year. Nothing else to talk about.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t find that with Therien. Could be wrong, but he’s been more of a fanboy this year and hasn’t really called them out.

He snapped a bit today. I dunno. Who cares. This sucks. Hate this year. Nothing else to talk about.
He's an absolute idiot.

All last year he took every chance he could to shit on Sanheim or blame him for things but never called out Hagg once. Just like the rest of that broadcast team. He also liked to praise coaching whenever he got a chance.

His opinion means nothing.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
He's an absolute idiot.

All last year he took every chance he could to **** on Sanheim or blame him for things but never called out Hagg once. Just like the rest of that broadcast team. He also liked to praise coaching whenever he got a chance.

His opinion means nothing.

These guys went out of their way to never mention Hakstol.

We are all idiots for watching this honestly. I’m close to being lost as what I’d consider a diehard fan if stupid moves are made this summer. Never thought it would come to this.

Life is too short.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Therien just said on PGL the Flyers need a true number 1 D or at least a legit shutdown guy to play with Provorov. LMAO, then Colby Cohen just went on and on about Robert Betuzzo and how he would be a great addition to the Flyers defense.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Chris T basically calling out the players for a lack of effort.

I didn’t watch most of this one, so can’t comment but it’s interesting to see the one of media guys who was so politically correct for so long about this group, kind of lose it.

Doesn’t really matter, but yeah.. whatever. I dunno.
He’s had a fantastic Post Game Live. Everything he’s said has been spot on & with zero sugar coating.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
LMAO, Therien just said on PGL the Flyers need a true number 1 D or at least a legit shutdown guy to play with Provorov. Colby Cohen just went on and on about Robert Betuzzo and how he would be a great addition to the Flyers defense.
Colby is the idiot...

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
LMAO, Therien just said on PGL the Flyers need a true number 1 D or at least a legit shutdown guy to play with Provorov. Colby Cohen just went on and on about Robert Betuzzo and how he would be a great addition to the Flyers defense.

I can’t disagree that someone like EK wouldn’t help the club. So I get what they say there.

I don’t agree with Colby about the need for a veteran d first guy. They need talent above all else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad