GDT: #81 | Devils at Flyers | April 13, 2024 | 5:00 PM | NBCSP | Win 1-0

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well I don't care about this draft spot thing cause it's easy to get that wrong and lots of teams do. I'm just glad they look like they have not quit on Torts and the team identity will still be there for next year. It's a shame they couldn't get out of the slump earlier but hopefully the young guys learn and grow.
Ultimately the difference is all on the goaltending situation.
We have standards for the players on the ice and in the room but evidently not for the process in which they’re acquired or developed. Very sound reasoning.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Flyers cannot be eliminated before playing on Tuesday. Neither can the Caps.

If the Caps beat Boston in regulation, the Flyers would have to do the same vs the Caps. That would force the tie breaker to goal differential, which the Flyers win.

Penguins must get 3 points at least.

FanForLife

Oct 27, 2018
Winnipeg
Flyers win in regulation and Detroit and Pittsburgh don't get three points, they're in...still a longshot, but after Tuesday night it was almost an impossibility. I hate Torterella...but even though I think playoffs would be a quick exit...I'd like to see it. Draft 12th..draft 16th...they could f*** it up or luck into a gem either way...

Actually win tie breaker with Pittsburgh if their two points for win was in shootout...

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The draft position seems like a big change but I don’t see them being close to the playoffs after this year so I want playoffs now. They match up well against the rangers. Could be fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad