Post-Game Talk: #80: FLYERS at Stars, Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 8:30 p.m. ET

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would say close to 100% we don’t get another point, how high can we get. Blues and Canes will both need wins, so we will most likely get slaughtered
Only Chicago has a chance to "catch" us. They need 3 pts in 3 games...with us getting none.

If we win 1 game...we could be picking 14.

So #10-14 is our pick.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I want Holmgren fired......

This organization and the Flyers legacy has been so tarnished.

I said it at the beginning of the season when they rolled out Gritty. I knew it was a bad omen resorting to a gimmicky mascot rather than the actual product on the ice.

This org has some major work to do to regain respectability. Better see a much better product next season.......

Btw I despise those last two words

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sadly we will get spanked in these next two games, good for the lottery balls, it hate that again these guys are just mailing it in and have zero pride.
You're exaggerating so badly its insane dude...

This whole "lack of effort" thing has become a meme. Just the default fallback for whenever anything goes wrong.

Which of the goals tonight were because of a lack of effort, instead of either just a normal mistake, a trash player, or goalie choking? It's not even like the team got dominated all game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would say close to 100% we don’t get another point, how high can we get. Blues and Canes will both need wins, so we will most likely get slaughtered

Edmonton & Vancouver are both losing currently. They’re the #8 & #9 picks right now. It’s going to be hard to catch them as we’re up 4 points on Vancouver & 5 points on Edmonton. All three of the teams will be with two games left after tonight.

Chicago is very catchable though at the #10 spot. They got 80 points with three games left.

An Arizona win tonight could give more cushion between us & them. They’re at the #14 spot.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Provorov with 5 minutes more than Ghost tonight, despite Ghost EASILY being our best defensemen and Provorov making a huge mistake.

Also, TK doesn't crack 15 minutes, but Laughton and Lindblom play more than JVR, TK, Voracek.

Just horrible coaching.

And for the record, Hagg didn't get benched after that turnover. How about that selective accountability.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I want Holmgren fired......

This organization and the Flyers legacy has been so tarnished.

I said it at the beginning of the season when they rolled out Gritty. I knew it was a bad omen resorting to a gimmicky mascot rather than the actual product on the ice.

This org has some major work to do to regain respectability. Better see a much better product next season.......

Btw I despise those last two words

i could see if it was just us..but doesn't every organization tend to hire previous players and such

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
And people want to complain about Clement. Completely redeemed himself in one second

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
This team won 4 of 5 to start march, and was looking they could actually make it into the playoffs.

Then they proceeded to win 3 of the next 11 games, and in general have looked like garbage ever since. It's hard to argue against the fact that Hart was covering up the terrible play of this team.

What a disappointing way to end a disappointing season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're exaggerating so badly its insane dude...

This whole "lack of effort" thing has become a meme. Just the default fallback for whenever anything goes wrong.

Which of the goals tonight were because of a lack of effort, instead of either just a normal mistake, a trash player, or goalie choking? It's not even like the team got dominated all game.

Yep. Flyers outplayed the Stars for two periods by a wide margin, found themselves down 4-2.

This was what we saw in the fall, team plays hard, goalie imitates a turnstile, team folds after strong comeback when despite their best effort they're down 2-3 goals.

Bad goalie play is a blow to the heart. Talbot looks washed up, like he's a tenth of a second slow reacting.

At this point, I think they should consider Lyon as the backup next year, or Elliott on a low cost one year deal and carry Lyon as the third goalie, because the way he's played at LHV, he probably won't make it through waivers.
Given how Talbot has played in both Edmonton and here, I can't see going with him for 25 starts next year if you want to make the playoffs.

Bailey, Varone, Knight - why were people so excited by getting rid of Weal, Weise and Lehtera?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad