GDT: #80: FLYERS at Stars, Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 8:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I keep saying this every year, but this is one of the softest clubs I can remember.

Zero intensity, zero fire. The game has changed, and you need to change with it but this is ridiculous.

That needs to be one of the things that changes first and foremost next year. There are still clubs that play with snarl. Pathetic.
This is the opposite of what needs to change... the team needs to move further away from the old mentality of toughness and grit.

Hagg is the past but they can't let go. That's why guys like Ghost and TK are getting so badly underused.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Jake is an embarrassment out there

I don’t really agree with it, but I really do think either he or Ghost gets moved in the summer.

Can’t see Fletcher hanging on to both. Just a vibe.

I’m a huge hater of the coaching, and countless other self inflicted errors this organization has made, but at some point players will be moved too.

Sucks.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hart isnt a machine and he is still way young. Stoly didn't have much of a future on the Flyers. The MacDonald contract was part of the Homer years of not caring about the cap and it is not even close to the same situation.

Hart also is not a delicate flower. Why is Talbot a better mentor for him than Elliott? Talbot sucks.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This is the opposite of what needs to change... the team needs to move further away from the old mentality of toughness and grit.

Hagg is the past but they can't let go. That's why guys like Ghost and TK are getting so badly underused.

If you don’t think there is a place for fast, aggressive fore checking from bottom 6, you need to watch any of the top teams in nhl.

He isn’t suggesting old school goon hockey I don’t think.

Reactions: baudib1

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

I want nothing to do with Hagg.

You can play with skill and snarl. Flyers need to realize that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I don’t really agree with it, but I really do think either he or Ghost gets moved in the summer.

Can’t see Fletcher hanging on to both. Just a vibe.

I’m a huge hater of the coaching, and countless other self inflicted errors this organization has made, but at some point players will be moved too.

Sucks.

Yup.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Disagree. You can play with physicality and grit....and still not suck like Hagg. Things like winning board battles to gain possession.

Many games, it's like watching men playing against kids.

Christ, a team like Montreal shows WAY more grit than we do...and they use team speed to help separate guys from the puck.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That was, and is, doubtful.
We traded a inexperienced, inconsistent guy, who couldn't stay healthy (hurt again right now... knee injury apparently), for a goalie that was bad while on a bad team, but had a history of being really good. It was a bet on Talbot being able to bounce back and I can understand it.

Plus, as much as I hate the whole resistance to using youth, two goalies as inexperienced as Hart-Stolarz as the tandem for next year was something that would make even myself nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->