GDT: #80: FLYERS at Stars, Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 8:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
DALLAS STARS (41-31-7) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (37-34-8)
RKZOImB.jpg
th

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%
Stars7941-31-78922-14-319-17-419919220.182.551.9.923
Flyers 7937-34-88219-17-418-17-423326317.079.154.9.898
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

25 James van Riemsdyk -14 Sean Couturier - 28 Claude Giroux
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
38 Ryan Hartman - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jake Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 10 Corbin Knight - 27 Justin Bailey
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg - 5 Sam Morin
Goalies
33 Cam Talbot (starter) - 79 Carter Hart (starter vs. Carolina in Game #82)
Power Plays
PP1: Van Riemsdyk, Couturier, Voracek, Giroux, Gostisbehere
PP2: Lindblom, Patrick, Konecny, Sanheim, Provorov

Injuries and Scratches

3 Radko Gudas (D) is expected to be scratched.
44 Phil Varone (F) could be a healthy scratch.
30 Michal Neuvirth (G) is on IR due to a lower body injury suffered Jan. 3.
37 Brian Elliott (G) could be a healthy scratch. He will start at St. Louis (Game #81).
47 Andrew MacDonald (D) could be a healthy scratch.
MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Web site -- The Athletic
Alexander Appleyard's Twitter -- Alexander Appleyard (@avappleyard) | Twitter
Charlie O'Connor's Twitter -- Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) | Twitter
Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer

DALLAS STARS
th
Possible Lineup
Lines

13 Mattias Janmark - 91 Tyler Seguin - 47 Alexander Radulov
14 Jamie Benn - 24 Roope Hintz - 16 Jason Dickinson
17 Andrew Cogliano- 12 Radek Faksa - 15 Blake Comeau
43 Valeri Nichushkin -- 90 Jason Spezza -- 18 Tyler Pitlick
Pairings
23 Esa Lindell - 3 John Klingberg
4 Miro Heiskanen - 45 Roman Polak
42 Taylor Fedun - 21 Ben Lovejoy
Goalies
41 Landon Bow - 35 Anton Khudobin (starter)
Injuries and Scratches
2 Jamie Olesiak (D) is expected to be a healthy scratch.
6 Julius Honka (D) is expected to be a healthy scratch.
11 Martin Hanzal (F) is on IR due to a back injury.
25 Brett Ritchie (F) will not play due to a hand injury.

28 Stephen Johns (D) is on IR due to post-traumatic headaches.
30 Ben Bishop (G) will not play due to a lower body injury.
33 Marc Methot (D) is on IR due to left knee surgery.
36 Mats Zuccarello (F) is day-to-day due to a fractured arm.
37 Justin Dowling (F) will not play due to an upper body injury.
38 Joel L'Esperance (F) is expected to be a healthy scratch.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Dallas Morning News

Fox Sports Southwest
KTCK-AM The Ticket 1310
Web site -- Dallas Stars
Bruce LeVine's Twitter -- Bruce LeVine (@BruceLeVinePuck) | Twitter
Owen Newkirk's Twitter -- Owen Newkirk (@OwenNewkirk) | Twitter
Stars Inside Edge
Web site (News) -- Official Dallas Stars Website
Mike Heika's Twitter -- Mike Heika (@MikeHeika) | Twitter
Mark Stepneski's Twitter -- Mark Stepneski (@StarsInsideEdge) | Twitter

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE
DateOpponentTime (ET)Television (subject to change)
April 4 at St. Louis 8:00 pm FS-MW, NBCSP+
April 6 vs. Carolina 7:00 pm NBCSP, FS-CR
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

FROM THE PAST

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Now That We're Dead" by Metallica

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

I hate Hagg so much, I Emailed Vince to put him in a Street Fight against Farooq the Leader of the Nation of Domination at Wrestlemania Sunday april 7

For those who don't remember

Farooq
The Rock
Delo Brown
The Godfather

My Fist is pumped up

This room's Nation of Domination

Leader Philoudelphia
Member Hollywood Couteriere
Member Captain Dave Poulin
Member JTown
Member TBD who is worthy of this

for now ill keep it at 4 I could expand it lol

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
These are the biggest 2 points ever conceived. Bigger than Everest and Mount Olympus. Bigger than Mauna Kea. Bigger than the hard on the management has for Hagg.

It's imperative to not bag these 2 points. The very stability of the fabric of this universe- observed and theoretical- rests solely on this match up. These 2 points would offset the precarious balance of nature and cannot be transferred to the Flyers. It would catalyze the annihilation of all matter and antimatter. It would cause the breakdown of atoms and even accelerate entropy. All would be at an end.

We must have our eyes set, steadfast, on ping pong balls. Godspeed.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

I hate Hagg so much, I Emailed Vince to put him in a Street Fight against Farooq the Leader of the Nation of Domination at Wrestlemania Sunday april 7

For those who don't remember

Farooq
The Rock
Delo Brown
The Godfather

My Fist is pumped up

This room's Nation of Domination

Leader Philoudelphia
Member Hollywood Couteriere
Member Captain Dave Poulin
Member JTown
Member TBD who is worthy of this

for now ill keep it at 4 I could expand it lol

The Rock has continually told Mimsy to know his role and shut his mouth, but that clueless douchebag has no idea what his role is.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
These are the biggest 2 points ever conceived. Bigger than Everest and Mount Olympus. Bigger than Mauna Kea. Bigger than the hard on the management has for Hagg.

It's imperative to not bag these 2 points. The very stability of the fabric of this universe- observed and theoretical- rests solely on this match up. These 2 points would offset the precarious balance of nature and cannot be transferred to the Flyers. It would catalyze the annihilation of all matter and antimatter. It would cause the breakdown of atoms and even accelerate entropy. All would be at an end.

We must have our eyes set, steadfast, on ping pong balls. Godspeed.

Hell, I just want Morin to beat someone's ass before the end of the season. It's all I got left. Don't judge me.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Just wanted to mention, i brought some friends from Alabama to there first ever hockey game Sunday. What a boring embarrassment. I had to explain to them that hockey isn’t normally this soulless and dull on multiple occasions. The saving grace was gritty...they loved him. The game was so terrible that i actually pulled up YouTube on my phone and were showing them highlight videos from a better time....ughhh....end this season already and revamp the coaching staff/team...

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
What is dead may never die. However, they certainly can stink out the building like they did on Sunday.

Except one species of Jellyfish. They live forever.

Scientists have discovered a jellyfish which can live forever. Turritopsis dohrnii is now officially known as the only immortal creature. The secret to eternal life, as it turns out, is not just living a really, really long time. It's all about maturity, or rather, the lack of it. Molecular biologists have found the "forever gene".......nice......but I doubt you could slice the gene into humans, but maybe zombies............

Maybe in the climactic Climate Change Apocalypse only this Jellyfish, Cockroaches and the undead Flyers will survive?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just wanted to mention, i brought some friends from Alabama to there first ever hockey game Sunday. What a boring embarrassment. I had to explain to them that hockey isn’t normally this soulless and dull on multiple occasions. The saving grace was gritty...they loved him. The game was so terrible that i actually pulled up YouTube on my phone and were showing them highlight videos from a better time....ughhh....end this season already and revamp the coaching staff/team...

I took my friend Curt to his first game early last season. They lost 1-0. I hate this team.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Except one species of Jellyfish. They live forever.

Scientists have discovered a jellyfish which can live forever. Turritopsis dohrnii is now officially known as the only immortal creature. The secret to eternal life, as it turns out, is not just living a really, really long time. It's all about maturity, or rather, the lack of it. Molecular biologists have found the "forever gene".......nice......but I doubt you could slice the gene into humans, but maybe zombies............

Maybe in the climactic Climate Change Apocalypse only this Jellyfish, Cockroaches and the undead Flyers will survive?
And Cher....

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Illini Flyer

Jan 30, 2019
Near St Louis
Would anyone want Jamie Benn if Dallas decided to shake up their core this off season? I don't think he responded as well as Seguin did to getting called out by the Star's CEO, but I also do not follow the Stars at all so I could be way off base here.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Only if they'd take JVR in return, problem is you're talking a big LW scorer, we have one in JVR, a playmaker in Giroux, and Lindblom, Laughton and Farabee.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
If I had friends who wanted to get into hockey, I would encourage them to start following ANY team except this one :laugh:

Okay, there's probably teams worse off than us, but like was said earlier, imagine tuning into yesterday's snoozefest as your first game and that being your first impression.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Would anyone want Jamie Benn if Dallas decided to shake up their core this off season? I don't think he responded as well as Seguin did to getting called out by the Star's CEO, but I also do not follow the Stars at all so I could be way off base here.

**** no, and I am going to hold you personally responsible if I have to watch that d****e in a Flyers sweater. Can't stand him.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
**** no, and I am going to hold you personally responsible if I have to watch that d****e in a Flyers sweater. Can't stand him.

May I ask why? And by "ask", I am hoping to provoke a lengthy, hilarious, and gif-filled diatribe.

From my POV, I like the concept of a PF winger, but Benn is way too expensive for what he is showing at 29 years of age. 6 more years @ $9.5 million cap, which is heavily signing bonus based.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Only if they'd take JVR in return, problem is you're talking a big LW scorer, we have one in JVR, a playmaker in Giroux, and Lindblom, Laughton and Farabee.
If I am blowing up the core. JvR isn't the one going as he isn't part of the core* that yearly starts slow no matter who the coach was.

*He was traded while Lavy was here but I don't think he's as accountable as the core that's been here longer.

Illini Flyer

Jan 30, 2019
Near St Louis
May I ask why? And by "ask", I am hoping to provoke a lengthy, hilarious, and gif-filled diatribe.

From my POV, I like the concept of a PF winger, but Benn is way too expensive for what he is showing at 29 years of age. 6 more years @ $9.5 million cap, which is heavily signing bonus based.

The PF winger with a bit of a sniping tendency was what I liked about him too. Didn't realize he was at such a high cap hit, and was spit-ballin ideas based on the media's perceived need to blow up the core. I was thinking like a Jake for Benn swap, as a hockey trade. I don't really like the move but it's one I could see being fairly even in value, if Benn returned to past season's form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad