GDT: 8 PM - 2011 ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS at Poutineville - NESN - Bruins trail series 1-2

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
EUJBieIWkAALBF_

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-3-27_16-14-22.png

Officiels/Tonight's Officials

Arbitre/Referees Stephen Walkom (24), Ian Walsh (29)
Juges de ligne/Linesmen Steve Barton (59), Pierre Racicot (65)

Superviseur/Supervisor Bill McCreary
Hymnes nationaux/Ntl. Anthem Joseph Kaiser

INJURIES –7 Man-Games Lost (105 Regular Season): - Marc Savard: Concussion (3, LTIR) - Steven Kampfer: Lower body (3)

RECENT TRANSACTIONS: Apr. 12: Yury Alexandrov, Jamie Arniel, Matt Bartkowski, Jordan Caron, Zach Hamill, Michael Hutchinson, Steven Kampfer, Anton Khudobin and Lane MacDermid recalled from Prov/AHL. Apr. 14: Trent Whitfield and Colby Cohen recalled from Prov/AHL. Apr. 15: Kirk MacDonald and Andrew Bodnarchuk recalled from Prov/AHL. Apr. 17: Tyler Randell signed to an entry-level contract.

2010-11 SEASON SERIES vs. MONTREAL: - The Bruins and Canadiens met six times this regular season with the Bruins holding a 2-3-1 record and 22-20 scoring advantage over Montreal and each team recording 207 shots. - The Bruins earned wins on Feb. 9 (8-6 in Boston) and Mar. 24 (7-0 in Boston), while taking regulation losses on Nov. 11 (3-1 in Boston), Dec. 16 (4-3 in Montreal) and Mar. 8 (4-1 in Montreal) and a 3-2 overtime loss in Montreal on Jan. 8. - Milan Lucic paced the Bruins in scoring during the season series with 5-4=9 totals while Brian Gionta led the Canadiens with 5-1=6 totals. - Fun Facts: The Feb. 9 game with 14 goals and 182 PIM combined by these teams was the first 14-or-more goal and 180+ PIM game in the NHL since Feb. 22, 1981 (Quebec vs. Washington) …Boston’s 7-0 win on Mar. 24 was their third seven-goal decision this season and was their largest margin of victory over Montreal since a 9-2 win on Oct. 28, 1998 …Gregory Campbell scored one of just two three-on-five goals in the league this season on Mar. 24 vs. the Canadiens.

2011 CQF SERIES vs. MONTREAL: - The Bruins and Canadiens play game 4 of their CQF series tonight …Game 5 will take place in Boston on Apr. 23 (7:00 pm) …If necessary, game 6 will be played on Apr. 26 in Montreal (TBD) and game 7 in Boston on Apr. 27 (TBD). - CQF 1 –Apr. 14 - The Canadiens took a 1-0 series lead with a 2-0 win in Boston …Brian Gionta scored both Montreal goals with single assists on both going to Scott Gomez …Carey Price made 31 saves for his third career playoff shutout and third vs. the Bruins. - CQF 2 –Apr. 16 –The Canadiens won their second game in Boston with a 3-1 win, starting the game with two goals in the opening 2:20 …Boston scored their first goal of the series with a second period Patrice Bergeron tally, but the Canadiens added a third for the final. - CQF 3 –Apr. 18 –The Bruins won their first game of this series with a 4-2 victory, opening a 3-0 lead on goals by David Krejci, Nathan Horton (his 1st NHL playoff goal) and Rich Peverley. The Canadiens closed to 3-2 before Chris Kelly scored an empty net goal …Tim Thomas made 34 saves in the win. - The Bruins have evened a best-of-seven series at two games apiece in four of the 26 series in which they lost the first two games …All four of those series have come vs. Montreal - in 1952 (lost SF in seven games), 1969 (lost SF in six games), 1978 (lost F in six games) and 1979 (lost SF in seven games).

BRUINS vs. MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES: - The Bruins and Canadiens are playing their 33rd series against each other with this 2011 Conference Quarterfinal …It is the most series of any two NHL opponents (Det vs. Tor, 23 series) …There are 11 NHL teams that have not yet played 33 total series in their playoff histories (Ana, Atl, Car/Hfd, Cmb, Fla, Min, Nsh, Ott, Phx/Wpg, SJ, TB), while Washington is playing their 33rd series in this year’s opening round. - The Canadiens hold a 24-8 record in the 32 series played thus far while Boston won the previous series between these clubs with a four-game sweep in their 2009 Conference Quarterfinal series. - These teams have played 166 post-season games vs. each other with the Canadiens holding a 101-65 record in those contests …That number is also the most between opponents in NHL playoff history (Detroit vs. Toronto, 117). - Of the 33 series, 10 were Division Semifinals or Conference Quarterfinals; 7 were Quarterfinals, Division Finals or Conference Semifinals; 9 were Semifinals or Conference Finals; and 7 were Stanley Cup Final series. 2011 PLAYOFF FUN FACTS: - The Bruins had not been held to two goals or fewer in the first two games of a series since they started their 1995 CQF vs. New Jersey with 5-0 and 3-0 losses on May 7 and May 8, respectively. - The Bruins qualified for post-season play for the fourth straight season, their longest stretch since their NHL-record span of 29 consecutive years from 1968-1996 …They have qualified for the 66th time in their 87 years in which there has been a post-season (NHL season was cancelled in 2004-05). - Mark Recchi’s rankings among active players are second in career playoff goals with 56 (Modano, 58), fourth playoff assists with 80 (Lidstrom, 127; Pronger, 94; Modano, 87) and third in points with 136 (Lidstrom, 177; Modano, 145). B

BRUINS vs. MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES FUN FACTS: - The Bruins retired Eddie Shore’s number two in ceremonies prior to their Semi-Final series game with the Canadiens on April 1, 1947. - Montreal’s Jacques Plante (16 saves) and Charlie Hodge (4 saves) had the first shared shutout, for or against, in Boston playoff history when they combined for a 2-0 win on March 22, 1955 in the Semi-Final series ... That was the last shared shutout in NHL history before Philadelphia’s Brian Boucher and Michael Leighton combined for a 4-0 win over Boston on May 10, 2010. - Bobby Orr scored the first playoff hat trick by a defenseman in NHL history on April 11, 1971 in Montreal. Orr scored twice on Ken Dryden and once into an empty net during the 5-2 Boston win. He remains the only Boston blueliner to net three goals in a playoff game. - Cam Neely and Michael Thelven combined for the fastest two playoff goals in team history when they tallied in a seven-second span on April 23, 1989 for a 3-2 win over the Canadiens in their Division Final series. - Cam Neely set a team record for fastest two goals by one player when he tallied just 0:11 apart in a 4-1 Boston win over Montreal on April 25, 1991. - Ray Bourque became Boston’s all-time leading playoff scorer with his 103rd career playoff point an assist in a 3-2 win in Montreal on April 21, 1991. - Andrew Raycroft notched a 3-0 shutout over Montreal on April 7, 2004 in his first career NHL playoff game. He was the first Bruins rookie goaltender to record a shutout in his first NHL playoff game since Tiny Thompson accomplished the feat on March 19, 1929. - Marc Savard scored his first career playoff goal with the overtime tally vs. Montreal on April 13, 2008. He became just the fifth Bruin in team history to record his first career playoff goal in overtime, joining Mel Hill (1939), Des Smith (1942), Peter Douris (1992) and Patrice Bergeron (2004). - The Bruins took the Canadiens to seven games in their 2008 Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series after trailing in the series, three games to one. It was the first time in their playoff history that they had forced a game seven after trailing 1-3 and was also the first time in Montreal’s playoff history that they were taken to a game seven after leading a series 3-1.

upload_2020-3-27_16-16-55.png

upload_2020-3-27_16-17-36.png

upload_2020-3-27_16-20-23.png

upload_2020-3-27_16-21-1.png

upload_2020-3-27_16-21-28.png

upload_2020-3-27_16-22-13.png

Reactions: Alicat

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Don't have NESN here in NL but I'm pretty sure all games are on Youtube. I've watched the 1st 4 games on Youtube. Man, we didn't play well vs the Habs. Kaberle was steadier than I remember. He didn't produce points like we wanted but he was pretty solid back there, not a hitter but well positioned and made a really good outlet pass. Anyway, me and my daughter who is a huge Bruins fan now (she was 2 in 2011) are enjoying it. She only knows that the B's win the cup so every game for her is a new experience. She asked me if I remembered who won this game, I laughed, I told her I remember every instance of every game, I told her I could probably predict every offside. It's amazing when you are watching it almost 10 years later and how quickly little events come back to you before they happen. Maybe not the Philly series but the other 3 are etched in the mind.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Honestly, this was one of our signature games from that cup run. Tension was really high and they had to come back from behind to win this in a hostile environment.

The fun part of reliving the 2011 playoffs isn't as much the games themselves, but all the associated memories and stuff surrounding them. I was on Spring Break and back home visiting my family during games 3-5 of the Habs series. I believe this one was a Wednesday or Thursday evening. Good times.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Don't have NESN here in NL but I'm pretty sure all games are on Youtube. I've watched the 1st 4 games on Youtube. Man, we didn't play well vs the Habs. Kaberle was steadier than I remember. He didn't produce points like we wanted but he was pretty solid back there, not a hitter but well positioned and made a really good outlet pass. Anyway, me and my daughter who is a huge Bruins fan now (she was 2 in 2011) are enjoying it. She only knows that the B's win the cup so every game for her is a new experience. She asked me if I remembered who won this game, I laughed, I told her I remember every instance of every game, I told her I could probably predict every offside. It's amazing when you are watching it almost 10 years later and how quickly little events come back to you before they happen. Maybe not the Philly series but the other 3 are etched in the mind.

Kaberle actually led the team (tied with Seidenberg) in points by defensemen in the 2011 run. 11 points, all assists.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ryder this game:

1st goal
Assist on tying goal
Game winning OT goal

That Peverley-Kelly-Ryder line came up huge.

Great timeout by Clode.

Ference should go into Bruins HoF just for that finger to the delusional crowd after his goal.

Eat that losers!

1993 Forever!

The third line was huge this whole run. For as much shit as everybody gave Kelly after he got paid, he was nails for the cup run.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What’s worse the terrible teams we’ve blown 7 game series with or the terrible teams we’ve beat but somehow lost 3 games too.

This Habs team was not good other than Subban.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sucks going down in this building. Thomas probably should’ve had that one too

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Dang, I really miss Nathan Horton. What a cool player. Why did things seem to end so sour here? Don’t get me wrong, not signing him was the right decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad