GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Bill Clement just said he'd take Wayne Simmonds #2 in the NHL after McDavid!!! You can't make this **** up.
Yes he did. I am sorry but at two I take Matthews. But I do agree with him about Amac and Provorov. They played great today, say what you will they were like a stone wall today vs Connor's line

PS: the question was who would you take to start a team first?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yes he did. I am sorry but at two I take Matthews. But I do agree with him about Amac and Provorov. They played great today, say what you will they were like a stone wall today vs Connor's line

PS: the question was who would you take to start a team first?

Honestly it doesn’t matter as Simmonds isn’t the answer for either qualification. The qualification would change my answer from Crosby (now) to Matthews (long term) though.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Honestly it doesn’t matter as Simmonds isn’t the answer for either qualification. The qualification would change my answer from Crosby (now) to Matthews (long term) though.

Rob Ellis asked Bill if he'd really take Simmer over Crosby at #2 to start a team. Bill responded by saying yes, because Simmer is younger. Simmonds is exactly 1 year younger than Crosby. It was quite the conversation.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Lucic got 6, Backes got 6. If that's his comp I think flyers are alright if they spend 2 mil more on Simmer. He has one of the most difficult skillset to replace in the league and I would rather spend it on that than someone like Weise.

Simmer may be the best PP net presence in the league. A good PKer, great leader, and modern tough guy, but funds would be better spent keeping our young core together longer.

I know I overvalue Allison higher then most, but him Lindblom, Bunny and eventually Ratcliffe are the future middle six PF. Non of these will bring what Simmer brings, but then again no one ever expected Simmer to be this good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad