GDT: [#8] Los Angeles Kings @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 PM EST (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well this was a must win considering how the Kings have struggled. Still not happy but its a win. So progress i guess ?

Reactions: jballa95

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Don't know why we dressed 7D with those 6:37 that Carrick played. Managed to be on the Ice for one of the terrible changes as well.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At least the depth scoring was there tonight. Really disappointed by the effort of Benn/Seguin. Benn especially was horrible tonight

Also why tf did Comeau have to miss that empty net ugh Heiskanen would've got an assist. Oh well points are far from everything for a rookie dman. Theyll come

Reactions: Smelling Salt
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I think 7 D might be the answer while Johns is out - gives a little more flexibility and helps keeps Methot's minutes from blowing up his knee(s) while still giving Heiskanen as much time as he can handle. 27 minutes to Klingberg and Lindell is not sustainable and probably the cause of bad play in 3rd periods. It's not like the fourth forward line had great chemistry and was making magic happen either.

Also, Spezza and Shore deserve at least a couple of games reprieve from being trash talked by fans - Spezza for obvious reasons, but Shore really worked his ass off setting up chances all night and almost muscled himself into another garbage goal right at the start of the game.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think 7 D might be the answer while Johns is out - gives a little more flexibility and helps keeps Methot's minutes from blowing up his knee(s) while still giving Heiskanen as much time as he can handle. 27 minutes to Klingberg and Lindell is not sustainable and probably the cause of bad play in 3rd periods. It's not like the fourth forward line had great chemistry and was making magic happen either.

Also, Spezza and Shore deserve at least a couple of games reprieve from being trash talked by fans - Spezza for obvious reasons, but Shore really worked his ass off setting up chances all night and almost muscled himself into another garbage goal right at the start of the game.
Doing it the Ottawa way with 7D it can work against certain teams. I think Ottawa played 7D against the Kings.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I have to say that Karlsson would have been a beautiful fit for the Stars, Just his style of play and passing ability. I hope he takes a serious look at them, not sure if he can fit in dollars wise but its a better fit for him than sjs.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Question, Lookin at the score sheet, seems like Spezza bouncing back, is his game aswell or just luck with points?
I always liked Spezza, so got kinda sad whit his last season..

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Question, Lookin at the score sheet, seems like Spezza bouncing back, is his game aswell or just luck with points?
I always liked Spezza, so got kinda sad whit his last season..

He's playing well and is very noticeable . Its not luck. He's been one of the teams better players.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Was a solid effort from most everyone. Pitlick looked like he couldn't really keep up with Benn & Seguin but was alright, Janmark didn't have any sort of pep in his step, but he was well positioned and played well enough with Faksa. If Radulov is back, I would probably sit Carrick and try 6 D again.

Can't complain too much, but I'd really like to button down the D and see how they fare against a team with a harder forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->