Big E 0.00%

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Well Larkin is down there and he should have it higher

Probably gonna be one guy at all times with a high shooting percentage

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tatar and Larkin are due for some goal explosions.. leads the team in SOG with a combined 3 goals.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Team shooting % and save % are both pretty high so far. Possession stats haven't been great. Would suggest a regression is coming at some point. Unless we start to get better possession numbers to off-set the inevitable drop in shot % and save %. Which is possible, and best thing to hope for.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If we don't regress we're looking at a 123 point season.

Of course we're going to regress, the question is just how much.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Team shooting % and save % are both pretty high so far. Possession stats haven't been great. Would suggest a regression is coming at some point. Unless we start to get better possession numbers to off-set the inevitable drop in shot % and save %. Which is possible, and best thing to hope for.

Agreed.

I'm not much of a metrics guy but the Wings have the 2nd to worst corsi % in the league while having unsustainably high save and shooting percentages.

This win streak is a nice surprise but it's going to catch up with them if they don't improve (short of both Jimmy and Mrazek sustaining Vezina-worthy goaltending all season).

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe

Agreed.

I'm not much of a metrics guy but the Wings have the 2nd to worst corsi % in the league while having unsustainably high save and shooting percentages.

This win streak is a nice surprise but it's going to catch up with them if they don't improve (short of both Jimmy and Mrazek sustaining Vezina-worthy goaltending all season).

Yes, our corsi is bad and our shooting % is unsustainable high, but at least these numbers are looking good:

Scoring chances for
5v5: 50.41%
5v5 score adjusted: 51.33%

High danger scoring chances for
5v5: 51.83%
5v5 score adjusted: 52.37%

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Green needs to shoot more. His sh% is crazy high despite the hat trick... That tells you hes not shooting much

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Green needs to shoot more. His sh% is crazy high despite the hat trick... That tells you hes not shooting much

Teams are doing good job blocking his lane though. It is kinda hard to see angles and lanes from TV but whenever puck is going to him, you see a guy is also moving as well to block his lane.

You look at Senator's game and you see the same thing. Karlsson rarely gets to shoot because the other team is preventing him from shooting.

It gets little easier on 5-3 because if you one time the puck back to shooter, lane is kinda open. That's how PK subban pinpointed a puck past Mrazek our last game against Preds.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Those numbers along with possession stats pretty much tell you we're a bottom dwelling team that is running into a lot of luck and great goaltending lately. I still think we end up with a lottery pick.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Those numbers along with possession stats pretty much tell you we're a bottom dwelling team that is running into a lot of luck and great goaltending lately. I still think we end up with a lottery pick.

Numbers are skewed by small sample sizes. Not really worth looking at this early in the season.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

It's still early, so lots of time to get better.

But yeah, the way they're playing right now is unsustainable.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

No. They don't tell you that. Not yet anyway.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wings have also played with the lead for big chunks of the early season, something very important to take into the equation if you're gonna pull out shooting stats this early. Opponent plays from behind, takes risks, makes mistakes, you get easier goals for less effort and better percentages to show for it. The more you need a goal the more rubber you throw at the net and S% go down naturally.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Numbers are skewed by small sample sizes. Not really worth looking at this early in the season.

It's still early, so lots of time to get better.

But yeah, the way they're playing right now is unsustainable.

No. They don't tell you that. Not yet anyway.

Okay I should have said those numbers and possession stats so far tell us that we are a bottom dwelling team who had some luck and great goaltending. But yeah, more or less I called this. This is a bad team that had some luck on that big win streak. Now our shooting percentages are coming back down to Earth and we're dropping in the standings as I predicted.

The good news is I think we're ending up with a lottery pick no matter how hard Blashill/Holland try to make us contend right this year. Essentially a forced rebuild is coming.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Okay I should have said those numbers and possession stats so far tell us that we are a bottom dwelling team who had some luck and great goaltending. But yeah, more or less I called this. This is a bad team that had some luck on that big win streak. Now our shooting percentages are coming back down to Earth and we're dropping in the standings as I predicted.

The good news is I think we're ending up with a lottery pick no matter how hard Blashill/Holland try to make us contend right this year. Essentially a forced rebuild is coming.

Good for you. I called Chris Shelton not hit 123 homers in 2006. I am a master prognosticator.

Anyone could look at our talent this year and know that a 6 game winning streak wasn't what we were. It's not any kind of hot take that the streak was a hot one and not our base level of play.

We weren't as good as we were during the winning streak and we aren't as bad as we've been in the three game losing streak.

And seriously, you could tell by the eye test that we were due for a regression. Even though you got the end result of your analysis correct, you took a bad route to get there.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Good for you. I called Chris Shelton not hit 123 homers in 2006. I am a master prognosticator.

Anyone could look at our talent this year and know that a 6 game winning streak wasn't what we were. It's not any kind of hot take that the streak was a hot one and not our base level of play.

We weren't as good as we were during the winning streak and we aren't as bad as we've been in the three game losing streak.

And seriously, you could tell by the eye test that we were due for a regression. Even though you got the end result of your analysis correct, you took a bad route to get there.

Okay. The point of my post was not about me being right or wrong. I am wrong a lot of the time. I didn't mean to come off that way. My post was to discuss the state of the team. I'm a big believer in this team needing to rebuild. I want to see that this season because I'm tired of being a mediocre team that gets killed in the playoffs year after year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad