GDT: [#8] Dallas Stars @ Columbus Blue Jackets, 6:00PM CST (FS-SW, FS-O)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm sure Shapiro or DeFranks will bring this up at some point if it happened. But was there a time at all last season where the Stars went 1-6-1 over an 8 game stretch?
February probably. The team was awful for a while there. They got murdered by the Lightning 0-6 in that stretch.

Reactions: Henderson33

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Klingberg has 1 point in 8 games and has been on the ice for a bazillion goals against ( every situation pretty much ) while playing 25 minutes a night. That is not getting it done. Also Taylor Fedun now has as many points as Jamie Benn does.

Also Sekera is playing too much . He needs to be treated like Polak last year.
Whats his plus/minus

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Whats his plus/minus

-6 now and he's also been on the ice for at least 3 goals on the penalty kill. The PK is noticeable less good when Klingberg is on it. ( When one of the regular killers takes a penalty)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Klingberg and Benn both are facing the same issue. They're trying wayyy too hard to turn what should be simple plays into fancy **** or forcing plays that just are just obviously not there

Klingberg though has just been so costly this season. He better not see more ice time than Heiskanen again unless he earns it
Klingberg is tough to watch this season.

Klingberg has zero puck magic this season. I don’t get it. His shots aren’t getting through. His passes are off the mark. His dangles are turnovers. This isn’t just a problem of him failing to get points. He can’t get the puck to do anything he wants right now. He’s a mess, and it’s frustrating because not only is he flubbing the puck horribly in the offensive zone and standing next to Bishop on a lot of goals against.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

when it mattered

giphy.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg is tough to watch this season.

Klingberg has zero puck magic this season. I don’t get it. His shots aren’t getting through. His passes are off the mark. His dangles are turnovers. This isn’t just a problem of him failing to get points. He can’t get the puck to do anything he wants right now. He’s a mess, and it’s frustrating because not only is he flubbing the puck horribly in the offensive zone and standing next to Bishop on a lot of goals against.

I'm blaming the fact he no longer puts his denture in while playing games. He did for the last few seasons after he lost his front teeth playing for Sweden. This season he stopped doing it and he's been shit. :help: .

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm blaming the fact he no longer puts his denture in while playing games. He did for the last few seasons after he lost his front teeth playing for Sweden. This season he stopped doing it and he's been ****. :help: .
That’s my belief as well. His aerodynamics are all off.

Reactions: serp

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’ll pay attention for a couple more weeks and if things don’t get better, I’ll stick to HF and Twitter notifications only until the entire front office is wiped clean.

I swear to god, though, if Morrow and/or Modano come anywhere close to an important role here should we get a clean house...

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I imagine the NHL and NBC are going to be thrilled to have the team holding up the league, hosting the Winter Classic. At this rate it could be the lowest viewer numbers ever. Those of us with tickets will still be at the game regardless, but why would anyone not going want to tune in to see this eye bleeding garbage. We will be dead last then unless there is a miracle. Not that I give a shit about the NHL or crappy NBC but it's just going to be more embarrassment for us.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I imagine the NHL and NBC are going to be thrilled to have the team holding up the league, hosting the Winter Classic. At this rate it could be the lowest viewer numbers ever. Those of us with tickets will still be at the game regardless, but why would anyone not going want to tune in to see this eye bleeding garbage. We will be dead last then unless there is a miracle. Not that I give a **** about the NHL or crappy NBC but it's just going to be more embarrassment for us.

I wish I had sold my spare tickets weeks ago.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I wish I had sold my spare tickets weeks ago.
The missus and I are spending a small fortune to come down to Dallas for New Years, for this and two other games. I feel like such a mug. Maybe Jamie Benn can take the loose change out of his pocket and pay me back.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
The missus and I are spending a small fortune to come down to Dallas for New Years, for this and two other games. I feel like such a mug. Maybe Jamie Benn can take the loose change out of his pocket and pay me back.
Just as well we love the city and have lots of great friends to make it worthwhile. Because the hockey won't be worth it.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I’ve decided not to wake up anymore to watch the games. I work night shifts and drive trucks. I rather be rested and feel good for the day instead of watching this garbage

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I imagine the NHL and NBC are going to be thrilled to have the team holding up the league, hosting the Winter Classic. At this rate it could be the lowest viewer numbers ever. Those of us with tickets will still be at the game regardless, but why would anyone not going want to tune in to see this eye bleeding garbage. We will be dead last then unless there is a miracle. Not that I give a **** about the NHL or crappy NBC but it's just going to be more embarrassment for us.
Once they embraced "country music", i'm sure a lot of the fan base checked out of that game.. I know i did

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
My question is if the Stars keep playing like this where do they even go? Is anyone going to take a risk on any of our big money players? Having a player making 6+ million a season and not producing is always a huge risk for other teams. Also, I imagine Nill will want a decent return. Seems like we are stuck in limbo where it’s not the right time to rebuild or contend.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My question is if the Stars keep playing like this where do they even go? Is anyone going to take a risk on any of our big money players? Having a player making 6+ million a season and not producing is always a huge risk for other teams. Also, I imagine Nill will want a decent return. Seems like we are stuck in limbo where it’s not the right time to rebuild or contend.
I don't think much happens to the roster at all until closer to the trade deadline. Even if they wanted to go full teardown today, there aren't exactly many teams able to take on these big contracts this early into a season.

As I see it, even if Gaglardi presses the detonate button and fires all the Jims, the roster will look pretty much the same until late in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->