GDT: #8| Carolina Hurricanes @ NY Islanders| October 19 | 7PM |Passenger Edition!| F/L 4-3

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
They pretty much kicked our behinds last year, I hope these guys remember that and come to the rink ready to play.

Not really. The isles pretty much kicked their own behinds last year against them. Should have easily won both games if Nabokov was in net. DP played the first game and then Poulin.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
One of these days.... POW right in the kisser!

Edit, sadly... there are only a handful of you that might understand that.

First we must step up, plant our feet firmly and address the puck.

Hellooooo puck.

Lol

Anyways.....this is an important game from the team psychy standpoint. Carolina has always played strong against the Isles and this would be a great game to win to show this team is progressing. Hoping for a win here!

Let's go Islanders!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It's kind of like Flinstone has 3 levers in the locker room and he can only pull 2 at a time. The Carkner/Donovan lever, the Bouchard/Nelson lever, and the Nabokov/Poulin lever. Anything different or more complicated and the Coliseum crumbles into Barney rubble.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
2 games ago Carkner looked good and Strait was terrible.

so we sat carkner and played donovan

Last game Donovan looked good and Strait looked ok

so we sit donovan and play carkner.

Am I missing something?

I think it has less to do with last game and more with current game and matchups. Cappy must like Carkner in the game Carolina plays, with the Staals and their pressure down low.

As an aside, I'd like Jeff Skinner as 91's winger.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008

Am I missing something?

I'm missing it as well.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
I think it has less to do with last game and more with current game and matchups. Cappy must like Carkner in the game Carolina plays, with the Staals and their pressure down low.

As an aside, I'd like Jeff Skinner as 91's winger.

Carkner should never be on the ice when the Staals are on the ice...

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
FYI, NHL.com is suffering major outages right now as Level3 is struggling/down on the East Coast. They are working on it but just a word of warning for you GCL users, as people are not able to get there's to work for the current afternoon games.

NHL ‏@NHL 32m

The widespread Internet outage affecting our servers for GCL and .com has not yet been resolved. Thank you for your continued patience!

https://twitter.com/NHL

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Should be a ton of blue in the seats tonight and breaking in my brand new JT jersey (picked up on Thursday) !! Now just hoping the Isles bring their A game and no lead cough-ups like they did with Carolina last year

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Anyone else wonder if Poulin will ever get a start? Maybe when Nabby turns toes up?

FYI, NHL.com is suffering major outages right now as Level3 is struggling/down on the East Coast. They are working on it but just a word of warning for you GCL users, as people are not able to get there's to work for the current afternoon games.

https://twitter.com/NHL

It's working as of right now.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
It's kind of like Flinstone has 3 levers in the locker room and he can only pull 2 at a time. The Carkner/Donovan lever, the Bouchard/Nelson lever, and the Nabokov/Poulin lever. Anything different or more complicated and the Coliseum crumbles into Barney rubble.

^^^^ good stuff

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
Qt1nYQz.png

:help:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003

Am I missing something?
Strait bounced back and had a fine game against the Oilers. Fans don't like him because there is no flash to his game and they are going to bash him all season for that bad clear against the sabres. Amac made that exact same bad clear at the end of the Oilers game but it didn't end up in the back of the net.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
just bizarre cappy. you claim we need more offense from the D and then you sit donovan?....hello?

i dont get it. Loves him some vets, I guess.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Does Carolina even have a fighter? We are probably already tougher than them with just Martin, Clutter, McD and Hammer

Kevin Westgarth/Tim Gleason/Jay Harrison/Brett Sutter is our tough guy/fighting depth but none of them ever really do anything. Westgarth can hang with the heavy-weights but he rarely ever plays and doesn't even always fight when he does. Tim Gleason is a skeleton and I don't think I've ever seen Harrison win a fight/though he has a knack for being penalized. Sutter and Brett Bellemore have both fought like twice.

We're the softest team in the league.

EDIT: Oh and we have Komisarek who has played one game for us this season.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Kevin Westgarth/Tim Gleason/Jay Harrison/Brett Sutter is our tough guy/fighting depth but none of them ever really do anything. Westgarth can hang with the heavy-weights but he rarely ever plays and doesn't even always fight when he does. Tim Gleason is a skeleton and I don't think I've ever seen Harrison win a fight/though he has a knack for being penalized. Sutter and Brett Bellemore have both fought like twice.

We're the softest team in the league.

EDIT: Oh and we have Komisarek who has played one game for us this season.

thanks for the info! Our only "fighter" when Carkner and Boulton sit is Martin. Clutter, Hammer and McD are essentially just sandpaper. It just struck me as odd that we would dress Carkner tonight because our coach usually only dresses him if our D is healthy when he thinks we need a goon.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
With how crappy the rest of the division outside of the Canes and Pittsburgh has started, this is a big game. I would love to start opening up a big gap between those bottom 4 teams. Isles win BIG tonight 6-2, Tavares with 4 points.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
Mouslon NEVER carries the puck..even when he has the zone completely empty, he will always look to pass to someone..even imaginary players. He is seriously too scared as a player. He must have had a very bad experience as a kid. I have never seen a player that backs off like him. Even Semin ..well..dude fights like a 5 year old girl, but at least he tries. Moulson is like...ok..I stand here..you take the puck and give it to me when you don't want it no more and I will look for someone else to pass it to.

For Bailey....usually Nielsen takes it in..Maybe Nielsen is a bit of a control freak? I have a funny feeling that Bailey usually leave that part up to Nielsen.

No idea why AMACs numbers are crap. I guess he's playing an even more defensive role..who knows?

last year in the ahl nelson scored most of his goals from relatively close in. He did look a little tentative out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad