GDT: #8|Canucks @ Penguins|10/19 1:00 PM|Consol Energy Center|My first GDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
1011_Pens-GreatDay.jpg

PENGUINS VS CANUCKS

:pens vs. :nucks

October 19th: 1:00 PM @ Consol Energy Center

consolfront1.jpg

[size=+2][glow=black]Television[/size][/glow]

root-sports-thumb.jpg

[size=+2][glow=black]Radio[/size][/glow]

[size=+2][glow=black]Online[/size][/glow] "NEW"atdhe.tv <--Most Reliable
www.wiziwig.tv/
www.streamhunter.eu
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Leaders[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

Sidney Crosby 6|GOALS|Mike Santorelli 4
Sidney Crosby 8|ASSISTS|Henrik Sedin 9
Sidney Crosby 14|POINTS|Henrik Sedin 10
Matt Niskanen +10|PLUS MINUS|Henrik Sedin +5
Tanner Glass 12|PIM|Ryan Kesler 11​

[size=+2][glow=black]Team Stats[/size][/glow]
large.png
||
large.png

6-1-0|Record|5-3-0
Won 3|Streak|Won 2
27/16|GF/GA:|23/22
54.4%|FO%|51.3%​

Projected Lineups:

:pens

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Chris Kunitz|Sidney Crosby|Pascal Dupuis
Jussi Jokinen|Evgeni Malkin|Chuck Kobasew
Tanner Glass|Brandon Sutter|Craig Adams
Harry Zoelnierczyk|Joe Vitale|Derek Engelland

Defense | Defense
Rob Scuderi|Matt Niskanen
Brooks Orpik|Paul Martin
Robert Bortuzzo|Olli Määttä

:nucks

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Daniel Sedin|Henrik Sedin|Ryan Kesler
Chris Higgins|Mike Santorelli|Jannik Hansen
David Booth|Jordan Schroeder|Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito|Brad Richardson|Dale Weise

Defense | Defense
Alexander Edler|Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis|Kevin Bieksa
Christopher Tanev|Ryan Stanton|

Starting Goalies:

Marc-Andre Fleury
6186582.jpg

6-0-0, 1 SO, 1.67 GAA, .932 SV%

Roberto Luongo
1297397335700_ORIGINAL.jpg

4-3-0, 1 SO, 2.42 GAA, .912 SV%

Canucks @ Penguins Preview:

Season series: This is the first of two meetings between the Vancouver Canucks and Pittsburgh Penguins, teams that haven't met since the 2011-12 season opener. The Penguins got goals in the shootout from Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin to walk away with a 4-3 win at Rogers Arena.

Big story: The goaltending matchup had yet to be confirmed 24 hours prior to game time, but it's probable Roberto Luongo faces off against Marc-Andre Fleury in a battle of Canadian netminders with decorated resumes. Luongo won a gold medal at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics and led the Canucks to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final a year later. Fleury went to back-to-back Finals with the Penguins, beating the Detroit Red Wings in Game 7 of a 2009 rematch to win the Cup.

Team Scope:

Canucks: Luongo could be in line for a day off over the weekend, but that seems more likely to come Sunday against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He's started seven of the first eight games for Vancouver and is coming off his first shutout of the season and 63rd of his career, a 3-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.

The Canucks methodically built a lead for Luongo as Chris Higgins got them on the board in the first period, Brad Richardson added a shorthanded goal in the second and Ryan Stanton scored his first NHL goal in the third.

"There's no easy wins in the NHL," Luongo told The Vancouver Sun. "It doesn't matter what a team's record is, you've got to come to play if you want to win. We did that [Thursday]. We know we have a huge test coming up on Saturday so we're going to enjoy this one, but get back to work [Friday]."

Penguins: Thursday's 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers was the sixth this season for Pittsburgh, twice as many as any other Metropolitan Division team. The Penguins kept their Pennsylvania rivals mired in the basement behind a 24-save effort from Fleury, who's 6-0-0 with a 1.67 goals-against average and .932 save percentage.

The Penguins carried a 2-1 lead into the third, but Sidney Crosby's season-opening point streak was on the line until he redirected a Pascal Dupuis shot with 2:32 remaining for his sixth goal of the season. He then assisted on Malkin's empty-netter.

"It's where you want to be," Fleury said of the fast start. "We're not thinking too far ahead, just getting two points every night and go from there."

Who's hot: Higgins has goals in consecutive games for the Canucks. Henrik Sedin has one goal and three assists during a three-game point streak. … Crosby has six goals and eight assists for an NHL-leading 14 points. Malkin has three goals and four assists during a five-game point streak for the Penguins. Dupuis has two goals and four assists during a four-game point streak. Chris Kunitz has two goals and three assists during a three-game point streak.

Injury report: Vancouver is without forward Alexandre Burrows (foot). … Pittsburgh has been missing Letang (lower body) on defense as well as forwards Beau Bennett (lower body), James Neal (upper body) and Matt D'Agostini (lower body). Letang and D'Agostini both practiced fully on Friday.

penguins_zps734de66d.png

LETS+GO+PENS.gif

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Nice GDT. This should be a tough one, especially if the Canucks get some secondary scoring.

Shame I can only catch the first period or so. LGP.

SteelFish87*

crap is this game gonna be on NHL Gamecenter or is it on NHL Network?

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
I think it's going to be on Crosby to carry the Pens to victory once again, unless Fleury has a fantastic game. That lineup is just ugly.

Shinkaruk

Jul 13, 2013
Ontario
Thanks. I'm starting both Fleury and Luongo in my fantasy team and I need two good performances. 1-0 Pens. ;)
Don't worry, I have Crosby on my fantasy hockey team, always expect him to have a great performance, and then I also have Garrison and Edler..... who will probably play against that first line of yours for majority of the game. So this could either go really bad for me... or...no... just bad.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great work and thank you for helping out the GDT makers this year! We need all the help with some of us on the shelf for the time being. :yo:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Good GDT.

Early game!

Is this a nationally televised game or will it be available on GCL?

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Great GDT! This will be interesting - our lineup is, um, interesting... and my eastern and western teams going head to head (of course, I'm partial to the Pens).

Let's go Pens! :pens

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm stranded downtown right now, long story. Anyone know a good (preferably cheap) place to watch the game? Bonus points if it's near the T as I'll need to make a quick getaway at a moment's notice.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
First real test for us IMO. We've beaten up on weaker teams thus far, finally playing a legit playoff team.

Hoping Maatta makes the most of his ice time and proves to be just as impressive against stronger competition.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Nice GDT! Hoping your first will be a lucky one :yo:

.... Anyone else watching the pre-game? Geno's mic'd up for practice

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Woohoo, a European-friendly time! Unfortunately, I don't have much hope. We lack the offensive punch to beat that Canucks team.

member 51464

This is easily the best team we have faced so far this year, no? I think San Jose looks better than us, and they have stomped the Canucks twice. So, it will be a good test, I think.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
This is easily the best team we have faced so far this year, no? I think San Jose looks better than us, and they have stomped the Canucks twice. So, it will be a good test, I think.

Tampa beat Chicago and Boston. Then again, we lost to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->