Player Discussion #8 - Ben Chiarot: Swing Low, Sweet Chiarot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Chiarot going the LTIR route would guarantee a fairly hefty bonus overage penalty for next season with Nick Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, and Romanov all trending towards hitting some. Teams can’t bank cap space and use LTIR. It’s a one or the other proposition. Knowing the cap crunch that is coming for next season, that’s not an insignificant factor.

I'd still LTIR his ass and try to get Ekholm. Problem is the price that will be trending towards 1st + 2 prospects. Especially with the auction push from multiple teams.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Chiarot going the LTIR route would guarantee a fairly hefty bonus overage penalty for next season with Nick Suzuki, Jesperi Kotkaniemi, and Romanov all trending towards hitting some. Teams can’t bank cap space and use LTIR. It’s a one or the other proposition. Knowing the cap crunch that is coming for next season, that’s not an insignificant factor.

I'd still LTIR his ass and try to get Ekholm. Problem is the price that will be trending towards 1st + 2 prospects. Especially with the auction push from multiple teams.
Not sure I follow this? Other teams seem to have saved a ton of space, with putting guys on LTIR? But putting our guy on LTIR will cost us space next year? Because of some bonus that maybe will be earned?

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Not sure I follow this? Other teams seem to have saved a ton of space, with putting guys on LTIR? But putting our guy on LTIR will cost us space next year? Because of some bonus that maybe will be earned?
Like others said it is not very big. Either ways I ended up being right, Chiarot is still not on LITR. We are 3 weeks away from TDL so it seems the trend will continue.

For the bonus story it goes like this(I think):
If you haven't used your LITR bankroll the previous year, you can then use it next year to cover up up to a sum on bonuses the following year.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Like others said it is not very big. Either ways I ended up being right, Chiarot is still not on LITR. We are 3 weeks away from TDL so it seems the trend will continue.

For the bonus story it goes like this(I think):
If you haven't used your LITR bankroll the previous year, you can then use it next year to cover up up to a sum on bonuses the following year.
Other teams put their guys on LTIR? Wouldn't we gain the space of his salary for 6 weeks? That's worth saving?
Sorry, I must be missing something...?

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada

1a0d69d73faf8c03eef87fe418479ed2.gif

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Other teams put their guys on LTIR? Wouldn't we gain the space of his salary for 6 weeks? That's worth saving?
I believe LTIR rules state a player will miss a minimum of 10GP AND 24 days in the NHL season - they’re probably expecting Chiarot to be back pior?

Reactions: BLONG7

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

So he may not be eligible for ltir. Even if he is you don't save that cap space, you can only use it while they are on Ltir. Ltir basically allows you to go over the cap by that much until the player is healthy.

Reactions: BLONG7

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Last I checked only one team has made an upgrade deadline deal thus far...

...and yet D is still the Habs biggest Achilles Heel...so why not fix that??...cuz, last time I checked, there are still 3 teams ahead of us and two right behind (games in hand mean squat unless you win them)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad