Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-6-15_14-58-0.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Don Vito Roundtable (20/06/17): Ben Chiarot (Audio)

@1:10:40 to 1:18:17

''It's been great my offseason. A blessing in a disguise on how much time I spent with the family. We go skate once in a week. All the rinks are still close around here except the Leafs facility.''

''I was pumped honestly. After not being able to skate or doing anything hockey related about three months. Getting back to hockey mode and get ready to go. I was pretty excited to hear that.''

''Crosby and Malkin these two are the best players in the world. Our team are pretty similar in terms of size and skating. I'd say we match up similarly. When we got Carey Price it definitely makes a interesting matchup. Two great skating teams and I'll think we'll see a lot of speed that's for sure.''

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Chiarot-PressConference(20/07/21)
“Throughout the course of the season, you’re going to have ups and downs. It’s not just me and Shea playing defence; there’s five us out there playing together. I know it’s easy to say this pair or this line gets scored on more, but me and Shea generally match up against the other team’s top offensive line and you know we take pride in that. There’s nothing that we do differently than the rest of the team to prepare. We all prepare together as a team, we work on our systems and trust in our systems. Me and Shea take pride in being strong defensively. It’s something that I think we’re pretty good at, and we don’t prepare any different for any line. We might talk about what tendencies they've or what they might try and do, but that goes as far as how different our preparation would be for a line. Sometimes there’s going to be good nights and bad nights.”

“I feel good conditioning wise and skating wise on the ice. But being in shape for drills and practices and scrimmages is totally different than being in game shape. You can’t mimic a game no matter what you’re doing and any player will tell you that. So that'll be the biggest thing, and it'll be the same for everyone as everyone’s kind of getting into game shape on the fly.”

“You know what, I don’t think you can compare it to a normal season playoff. You’ve got sort of the grind of the season on your body when you’re going into a normal year in the playoffs and you’re riding sort of the momentum and the excitement of just qualifying for the playoffs. This is totally different, where it’s almost like you’re starting a new season but it means so much more because they’re playoff games. So I can’t see it being anything like previous playoff experiences. It’s going to be new for everyone no matter how much playoff experience you've. Especially with no one in the building.”

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Against the fast skating Pens, is it smart to have Chiarot with Weber or Mete?

He isn't as smooth as Petry or Mete but Chiarot has decent speed helped by a quick first few strides. I would keep the Chiarot-Weber pairing together to be honest.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Chiarot-PressConference(20/08/02)

“In the playoffs the most important thing is you don't ride that rollercoaster of being too up when you win or too down when you lose. It's one game. You leave it behind and you get ready for the next one. You're excited for a few minutes after the game and then you realize there's still a lot of work to be done. Not riding that roller coaster is key and something I think us older players can kind of impart on some of the younger guys, where this is their first time through this.”

“Like for five months off there gonna be mistakes. Not just with the puck. Getting you stick up when someone shoot. Even finishing a check if you're getting your hands too high. So there's going to be a lot of things that you're figuring out on the fly and kinda tryna tighting your game on the fly. That's what we were doing last night.”

“I don't know if it'll get give us an advantage in a playoff series. We tried to wear down our opponent. I thought everyone was doing a great job last night and finishing their checks. We played a hard game and that's so important in the playoffs.”

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I love what Big Ben is doing out there to the Penguins forwards, being ultra physical and downright nasty every shift. He’s always making them pay the price. Beautiful play on the Drouin goal, and set up Petry’s game winner - very impressed with his game in these play ins, and what he brings to the lineup, just wanted to give some props to a guy who deserves them.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He's a joy to have on the team

people were litteraly expecting another douglas murray or karl alzner when we signed him, but i always thought he looked decent on winnipeg too

Love what hes doing out there for us physically, after the whistle, and out of nowhere, 9 goals this year, 2 apples tonight, two BIG apples too

Monster, when he wants it seems tho lol, was kind of snoozing the first couple games but i mean they havent played in 5 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad