Player Discussion #8 - Ben Chiarot: Swing Low, Sweet Chiarot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
It is not sustainable... MB MUST find another LHD to play important minutes and cut down Chiarot's time to around 22 minutes a game. Kulak, Reilly or Mete cannot do that.
Weber is in the top 10 too!
safe_image.php

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
When we signed Chiarot, these were some of the quotes....some good but some.....lol
Love what he brings. Doesn't back down, very physical, nasty and looked pretty decent in his first game with the team which was played at an was ultra fast tempo. There won't be many games played at last night's speed during the coarse of regular season. I love his size and how he can lean on players down low.
Sounds like the "bargain bin special" at the Kmart.

That contract is about 3 years too long and $3.5M too high.

LMAO

It’s really not second pairing money and he will be playing the bulk of the pk minutes on the left side. How are you not getting this?

I said it before and I'll say it again, Price will really appreciate this guy. He seems to make it a mission of his to clear the front of the net from any intruders.

Chiarot has no business being with Petry if that means Kulak to the 3rd pairing. Kulak showed a lot last season and he’s even shown to be much better than Mete. **** you Bergevin, **** you. Idiot. Sign a guy that we absolutely don’t need.

Oh please, we can make a highlight reel of every single player in the NHL to make them look amazing.

Kulak >> Chiarot

Useless move to clog up the left side. Romanov coming the season after this one, and Struble the season after.

We needed a first pairing D! Not a ****ing 3rd pairing guy at 3.5 mil for 3 ****ing years! ****ing Bergevin the walking talking contradiction.

He’s worth 1.5 million then. To play on a 3rd pairing. At 3.5 mil now that puts pressure on Claude to play him in the top 4. And we have MUCH better players coming up in Romanov and Struble. But now we have a 3.5 mil dollar road block in their way. 3.5 mil is ridiculous, no other team would have paid that. Just like Alzner was ridiculous at 4.5, everyone was laughing at that. Our professional scouting/assessment is HORRIBLE and the trend continues.

Literally every Jets fan told me

Ben Chiarot is a good 3rd pair d-man
that can someone play on a second pair to help during injuried.

3.5m for depth Clap

I'm sure Chiarot is under evaluate here. Every time (or almost) I watched Jets games, he impressed me.

Bergevin is so ****ing stupid and paying Chiarot 3.5 mil for 3 years is just more proof. He can’t help himself, he has no ****ing idea how to scout and pay professional players.

Chiarot at 1.5 mil... sure why not.

Chiarot at 3.5 mil... now our idiot coach will feel pressure to play him in the top 4.

CHIAROT IS A 3RD PAIRING DEFENSEMAN! Wake up Bergevin you ****ing momo!

Good news is Chiarot and Bergevin will be gone in 3 years.

Im getting so ****ing sick of his stupidity! I thought he was on the right track this season but now this??? We’re a fast moving puck moving team! What the **** do we need a big plug with a slap shot for?

We have Weber with the big shot on the PP.

We don’t need Chiarot! What we need is Romanov in our top 4 the season after this one. Not a big plug who can’t move the puck.

Mete > Chiarot
Kulak > Chiarot
Romanov > Chiarot

Where does this 3.5 million dollar 3rd pairing plug fit in here? Nowhere. It’s another mistake by an idiot GM who will never learn his lesson.

Chiarot - Petry ?????

Why the **** does Kulak get the shaft??? WHY? Kulak was great with Petry, he has no weaknesses and was improving every game, he’s a good ****ing defenseman and now we’re going to **** on him for some 3rd pairing plug with Karakter who can’t move a puck and has a big useless slap shot??

What the **** are you talking about? Kulak has no flaws, his positioning is very sound. He does everything well, he’s way better than Mete. And FAR superior to Chiarot.

Kulak has no flaws, he does everything well. Mete has multiple flaws. Chiarot has multiple flaws. Every player makes mistakes, but mistakes are not flaws.

A team with 18 Kulaks on the ice would destroy 18 Metes or 18 Chiarots.

Kulak is a top 4 player. You’re wrong. I don’t believe you watched him much.

Over paid 3rd pairing plug who will clog up the left side because Claude will feel like he has to play him there. Kulak, the superior player, will be demoted unjustly to the bottom pairing. Next season Romanov will come in and we will have a log jam on the left. Chiarot at 3.5 mil is a joke. 1.5 mil sure.

Julien loves to play Veterans over the youths. Even when the vet sucks, and Chiarot does suck.

Mete is number 1 by default, even if Kulak is way better. Chiarot is a plug and you will see soon enough. Romanov is already far superior as well.

Just his physicality will bring something big to our team

The Habs signing a physical LHD that loves playing in Montreal, that's just the type of defenceman we needed to clear the front of the net, adding the skating and calm demeanor just extra bonuses IMHO. Go Habs Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Alzner 2.0

Called it the day we signed him

He's so overrated , he was worst jets dman last season.

Jets fan said he always make stupid icings.

It happened 3times already and did cost a goal.

This gonna be a brutal 3 years he's barely a 5th dman , not a 4th

Love what he brings. Doesn't back down, very physical, nasty and looked pretty decent in his first game with the team which was played at an was ultra fast tempo. There won't be many games played at last night's speed during the coarse of regular season. I love his size and how he can lean on players down low.

some of these takes on Chiarot...:laugh:

Some knew what they were talking about and some not so much lol

GNR seems to think Kulak was gonna be so much better lol

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
This signing is a grade A example of how stupid some posters are here. This place used to be a spot to come get info on players from others POVs. Now it’s a major shit show where you trash players you don’t like all in the name of fulfilling your pre constructed bias.
The guy was top pair in Winnipeg with Buff and he comes here and he’s washed up???
If you don’t know what your talking about don’t say anything

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This signing is a grade A example of how stupid some posters are here. This place used to be a spot to come get info on players from others POVs. Now it’s a major **** show where you trash players you don’t like all in the name of fulfilling your pre constructed bias.
The guy was top pair in Winnipeg with Buff and he comes here and he’s washed up???
If you don’t know what your talking about don’t say anything

So are some people genius for calling Alzner couple years before?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Alzner didn't and never had anything to do with Chiarot...we're all just very jaded and it's really not a healthy attitude to have regardless.

We're all guilty of it someway, somehow.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
I don’t think there is a single credible source that would say that was genius, that’s you talking out of your ass to make your opinion seem less bias.
nobody expected alzner to fall off an nhl lineup that quickly, did he overpay at the time? Yes he did, was he trying to quickly patch over depth that he lost? Yes.

Nobody said it was a genius move, it was assumed to be necessary and it failed miserably. How are you gonna compare a guy entering his prime to a guy exiting? The only similarity they have is there position and handness

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Same dilemma. It's just an usual presentiment. I mean he's into a 2D role where he shouldn't be playing. Short-term solution maybe. Not on a long-term tho. I'm not bashing him. He's doing very well. Be that as it may, for how long? That's my #1 concern.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
When we signed Chiarot, these were some of the quotes....some good but some.....lol

You seem to have left me out of this as I was his single largest proponent and the only one calling for his signing before it actually happened....?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Worth every damn penny

You can tell hes a little gassed from the overusage, hopefully next year will be better for us and him, He definitely helps our LD side and not hurt it, if we could just get a stud LD and put Chiarot permanently 2nd pair wed really have something

Its amazing, people were complaining about getting another bottom pairing defenseman, now people might complain because hes the de facto number 1 LD. We need him somewhere right in the middle

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Worth every damn penny

You can tell hes a little gassed from the overusage, hopefully next year will be better for us and him, He definitely helps our LD side and not hurt it, if we could just get a stud LD and put Chiarot permanently 2nd pair wed really have something

Its amazing, people were complaining about getting another bottom pairing defenseman, now people might complain because hes the de facto number 1 LD. We need him somewhere right in the middle

Have to laugh at the posters who never watched him play but asked some posters on the Winnipeg board about him......Never ask for the opinion of a group of HF posters, they are 99.99% clueless on a good day.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Jesus, lots of guys really think they know a player, and clearly they don't. He's been a stud.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
What's impressive is that he's doing this as the #1 LHD since all the other LHD suck. Obviously he's not perfect in that role, but he's been great for us as a whole. I'll wait for next year before eating my crow.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
What's impressive is that he's doing this as the #1 LHD since all the other LHD suck. Obviously he's not perfect in that role, but he's been great for us as a whole. I'll wait for next year before eating my crow.
If the Habs can finally can another top 4 LHD, our defense would be solid. Mete and Kulak cant be getting top 4 minutes consistently for a playoff team.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I have to admit he's much better than I thought he was. I still found him inconsistent and I don't think it's a good thing that he was the third best defenseman last year, but at least he's miles ahead of Alzner and Kulak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad