Player Discussion #8 - Ben Chiarot: Swing Low, Sweet Chiarot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Now now... Let's not get carried away.

Alzner at least was a legit top-4 Dman for a solid chunk of his career. Chiarot has never been, and is unlikely to be, as good as Alzner was.

What they do have in common is that MB overpaid and projected them for roles they were not equipped for

Well said

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's definitely seeming like he is an upgrade on Benn

Agreed. He is actually more physical, skates better, and has more offensive ability vs Benn IMO. I'm liking this signing more and more as we get to see what he can do. He's not perfect but the value we are getting for that contract is on par or better.

Imagine not having his physical play in our own end? I think our 5/5 goals against gets worse. Right now it's 17th

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I always think I'm in bizarro world on this board lol. He was a bit of an adventure at time in his own zone but man did people WAY over exaggerate how bad he was. I saw plenty of positives early on. I'll still wait and see in the long term but people were way to premature in judging this signing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I always think I'm in bizarro world on this board lol. He was a bit of an adventure at time in his own zone but man did people WAY over exaggerate how bad he was. I saw plenty of positives early on. I'll still wait and see in the long term but people were way to premature in judging this signing.

I was ok with the signing but the 3rd year in term has me a bit concerned. Did I know his game that well? No, I was trusting what some Jets fans said about him. Now that I got to see him play with us, I like his game. Very solid all around and we need his physical play

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Agreed. He is actually more physical, skates better, and has more offensive ability vs Benn IMO. I'm liking this signing more and more as we get to see what he can do. He's not perfect but the value we are getting for that contract is on par or better.

Imagine not having his physical play in our own end? I think our 5/5 goals against gets worse. Right now it's 17th
Benn has 0 goals and 10 hits through 15 games

Chiarot has 2 goals, and a game winner vs Bruins no less and 25 hits through the same games.

the upgrade is obvious through stats and the eye test.....goes against what some posters here thought after the acquisition.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Benn has 0 goals and 10 hits through 15 games

Chiarot has 2 goals, and a game winner vs Bruins no less and 25 hits through the same games.

the upgrade is obvious through stats and the eye test.....goes against what some posters here thought after the acquisition.

People are falling into the hate and exaggeration trap cause they want Bergevin gone. My favorite is the Radulov is another Semin attempt. Too bad Bergevin was too cheap with re-signing him. See, it's ok to talk both positives and negatives? :sarcasm:

Chariot looks very good and we can play him on any pairing if we choose to do so and he won't complain. Good guy in my books!

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
People are falling into the hate and exaggeration trap cause they want Bergevin gone. My favorite is the Radulov is another Semin attempt.
It’s so obvious......lol

they’ll continuously bring up Alzner, which is well merited, but will never ever mention the Domi acquisition or give it an even attention of debate as that’s a gold star beside Bergevin’s name

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s so obvious......lol

they’ll continuously bring up Alzner, which is well merited, but will never ever mention the Domi acquisition or give it an even attention of debate as that’s a gold star beside Bergevin’s name

I really don't understand it cause we have very smart people in our fan base that you and I respect as well. It's strange how some take a stance and don't budge. It does not have to be all negative or all positive.

Reactions: JAPPO and jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad