Bruins Classics GDT 8:30 PM NESN - 2011 SCF GAME 2 - BRUINS at Vancouver - Canucks lead series 1-0

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

240525_2027034388204_2336248_o.jpg

241599_2037521450374_7207735_o.jpg

upload_2020-4-15_16-55-54.png

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20102011/[email protected]

Tonight's Officials

DO13.jpg
KS11.jpg

Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linesmen Jay Sharrers (57), Jean Morin (97)
Supervisor Kris King

Ntl. Anthem Richard Loney and Mark Donnelly

upload_2020-4-15_17-21-50.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Game 1 was a kick in the nuts

game 2 the wind was knocked out of me

After game 3 i was actually fairly confident they’d win the series.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 1 was a kick in the nuts

game 2 the wind was knocked out of me

After game 3 i was actually fairly confident they’d win the series.

It was a horrible flight back from Seattle after Game 2 - to have played so well and still down 0-2 was devastating.

BUT what we didn't know was Timmy and Charra were able to shake off the botched start of OT and then in Game 3 the Bear became enraged.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It was a horrible flight back from Seattle after Game 2 - to have played so well and still down 0-2 was devastating.

BUT what we didn't know was Timmy and Charra were able to shake off the botched start of OT and then in Game 3 the Bear became enraged.

that’s a long trip home for everyone. At least there was a glimmer of hope with some positives going back to Boston. They were in both games til literally the final seconds, and had already climbed out of an 0-2 hole to Montreal on the road no less.

looking back it’s crazy i ever doubted that team. It made last year even worse when the Blues turned Boston into Vancouver.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That game was a kick in the nuts.

The entire first game we felt overmatched but hung on for dear life and blew it with 30 seconds left (Kesler was offside and it never should've happened though...). Game 2 was similar in that I felt like we were in trouble until Recchi's goal, which is when I started to feel confident that we could stand toe to toe with them. And then ends on a fluke garbage goal where Chara and Thomas have massive miscommunication at the worst time. I just remember feeling all settled in and mentally preparing myself for overtime, and it's over in a blink. It sucked.

The other thing is that by the end of game 1, the hate was there. And after not getting suspended for biting Bergeron like a coward, it was that turd Burrows who wins game 2. I think my mental state had at that point gone from "I don't want the Bruins to lose" to "I don't want the Bruins to lose to them".

I can't say for sure whether I remember feeling like we were going to get swept between games 2 and 3, but it did feel like we did just about everything to hang with the heavily favored Canucks in those two games and despite it came out with two gut-wrenching losses. I guess I held out hope that home ice would turn us around, but we certainly were not in a good place.

Reactions: BMC and jgatie

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
that’s a long trip home for everyone. At least there was a glimmer of hope with some positives going back to Boston. They were in both games til literally the final seconds, and had already climbed out of an 0-2 hole to Montreal on the road no less.

looking back it’s crazy i ever doubted that team. It made last year even worse when the Blues turned Boston into Vancouver.

Bruins didn't dive, bite, or act like putrid shits. We didn't deliver head shots. We got hit hard but hit back. Bruins fell short and confidence was lost after a ferocious start where they should have ended the period leading 3-0, but instead were down.

In no way shape or form were we even close to being a scum bag team like Vancouver.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I was at this game. That goal 8 seconds into OT literally felt like getting punched in the gut. I just remember sitting down in my seat with my head in my hands stunned while the crazy bedlam was going on around me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad