GDT: 8/11/20 - 3:00PM EDT - #7 Columbus vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF Game 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
These available coaches--were they not let go from other teams for, you know--reasons?
Boudreau because he clashed with Craig Leopold who is a dork; he's not quiet, he's not loud like Torts, but the f-inheimer doesn't swing well in MN (nor would it here with JBB/Vinik)

Gallant because he refused to fire someone (this is the rumored reason... ) who did not get along with ownership

I think Gallant takes Seattle

Boudreau to Detroit where he'd fit well with Yzerman

BoltsFanSinceDay1

Apr 27, 2019
Well sure. But sometimes the change can be worse than what we already have. What about Halpern? ( I am honestly asking, as though I have been a long time fan, I don't really know about our possible candidates. Just trying to learn more and get a discussion...am sure there are plenty of people here that know more than I do.)

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

I'm sticking by my prediction that it is NOT a high ankle sprain. If it was, and they were still using it as gamesmanship, it would seem borderline irresponsible.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Cirelli should be centring the 1st line and Johnson the 2nd line. Of course then Cirelli would look so good that his price will skyrocket.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well sure. But sometimes the change can be worse than what we already have. What about Halpern? ( I am honestly asking, as though I have been a long time fan, I don't really know about our possible candidates. Just trying to learn more and get a discussion...am sure there are plenty of people here that know more than I do.)
I like Halpern but if we fire Cooper I think we're done with having coaches learn on the job. Time to bring in a vet.

Reactions: DFC

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Who cares? You use every advantage you have. Make them plan for Hedman even if he is done for the year.
In the regular season, it wouldn't be such a big deal. Whatever, Hedman's not playing. There's a game in Detroit and Chicago too this week.

But with the season on the line...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'll bet Gallant ends up in Detroit as soon as SFY is finished tanking; That's if he doesn't come here beforehand, which I kind of hope happens.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I'll bet Gallant ends up in Detroit as soon as SFY is finished tanking; That's if he doesn't come here beforehand, which I kind of hope happens.
I have always like Gallant, and he makes the best out of what little he gets. I would be interested to see what he could do with a super good lineup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have always like Gallant, and he makes the best out of what little he gets. I would be interested to see what he could do with a super good lineup.

Me too. He's been fired twice under weird circumstances. I have a soft spot for him because he coached the local junior team to a championship.

Steve Yzerman has reached so many times into his Red Wing alumni that I'll bet they've already had some loose conversations. But I don't think Yzerman is ready to win yet, so I don't think that switch will come this year. So, if we lose, and Coop gets canned, Gallant should be out there.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Missed the last game of the RR but I'm here now and I'm so ready for this. Let's go Lightning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad