GDT: #8 - 10/21/18 | flames @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I might be the only one but I feel Chytil should be given the best oppotrunity to succeed. He should be tried with Kreider and Zib. They are the ones driving the play right now. Try to give the kid some confidence. He's overthinking the game

First...they wouldn't play an inexperienced teenager against the opponent's top line.

Second...Chytil should get plenty of confidence and chances playing with Hayes and Zucc :rolleyes:

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I look forward to the Buchnevich-Spooner-Lettieri line getting about 5 minutes even strength.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I have no idea what to expect from the Flames aside from their Top 6 being ridiculous.

Gaudreau is magic and the 3M line is great.

FYI, Gaudreau may be magic, but Monahan and Lindholm make that a pretty weak first line overall that has been bleeding chances and goals so far this year. And while 3M used to be great before Frolik's injury last year, they're really struggling to regain that consistency. Our best line has actually been "Whatever Line Sam Bennett is Playing On", because Bennett's been by far our best player, except he hasn't played half a minute of power play yet.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
FYI, Gaudreau may be magic, but Monahan and Lindholm make that a pretty weak first line overall that has been bleeding chances and goals so far this year. And while 3M used to be great before Frolik's injury last year, they're really struggling to regain that consistency. Our best line has actually been "Whatever Line Sam Bennett is Playing On", because Bennett's been by far our best player, except he hasn't played half a minute of power play yet.

Compared to our top line, the Flames top line might as well be the 1980s Oilers. We have no one remotely close to Johnny Hockey

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
18 year old 22 year old Sam Bennett is actually breaking through? Nice.

It's been a quality start for him, though I don't expect him to break through in the "main boards notice" way until he gets some power play time.

He is however, ranking among CGY's eleven most used forwards:
Second in xGF% (60.55%) <-- 11th in xGF% QualityOfTeammate (46.41) / 4th in xGF% QualityofCompetion (48.62)
Fourth in CF% (61.9%) <- 11th in CF% QualityOfTeammate (51.08) / 11th in ZSR (45.24) / 2nd in CF% QualityOfCompetition(47.7)
T-Third in GF% (62.5%)
Third in P/60 (2.43) and that's with two whole goals being taken away by bad referees blowing the whistle on live pucks
First in Hits/60 (10.51)
Second in Blocks/60 (2.43)
T-First in ixGoal/60 (1.23)

I dunno what more you could ask for 5v5. Being used defensively and takes the puck the other way.

Compared to our top line, the Flames top line might as well be the 1980s Oilers. We have no one remotely close to Johnny Hockey

Fair enough, but Monahan and Zibanejad are a lot closer than apart in ability IMO.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW I wanted the Rangers to go after Bennett in a deal the last couple years. He's a better player than some think and he's pretty damn tough for his size too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->