Prospect Info: 7th overall: Vancouver selects Quinn Hughes (D, University of Michigan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Told y'all yesterday that the pick would be Zadina or Hughes.

Really like the pick. The game is moving towards highly skilled and fast players. Hughes fits that billing perfectly. HUGE ceiling.

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I didn’t really think he’d fall to be honest so I didn’t look at him as much as others. I do really like the high skill defenseman though, I’ll get behind this pick. Let’s see what he can do.

I’m happy he played so well at WC. That’s a good sign.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
Hughes is an unreal skater and he's so smart. The kid has an insane knack for finding open space. We're gonna be watching him skate the puck into the o zone for years. This is EXACTLY what we need.

Regarding concerns about his size. Hughes is small but I watched a bunch of him and he very rarely gets hit. He's always got his head up and he's great at avoiding checks.

Reactions: Szechwan

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Absolutely excited, hughes and zadina were the guys i wanted, if zadina did not get taken by detroit it would be a tough choice for me.

Some will question the pick and his size like pettersson last year, but I will go on record again and say we made the right pick imo. Of course we can wait and see how this pans out.

I just didnt see the offensive upside in dobson and it seems nhl teams are seeing it the same way.

Reactions: jeromemorrow

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I would have tried to trade down to take Dobson or Wahlstrom, but he didn't get any calls. Very surprised. I can live with this. I hope he doesn't bail for a US market as soon as he's able.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
AMazing! awesome pick for us, was hoping for Hughes or Boqvist, high end skill all the way. Hughes has a little bit lower ceiling but a much higher floor. Good pick Benning! lol, He's so happy.

Reactions: CaptainCanuck71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad