7th overall pick

Ipousse Lapuck

Oct 9, 2006
Montreal
The only ones gone for sure will be Turris, Kane, JVR, and Voracek (Alzner, Gagner and Cherepanov might be gone too) SO everyone else should be available.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Best bet is everyone not named Kane, Turris, JVR, Alzner, Gagner, or Voracek

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Best bet is everyone not named Kane, Turris, JVR, Alzner, Gagner, or Voracek

My money is on Alzner or Gagner, although I'd like to see Jakub Voracek fall to us... won't happen. Still, Sam Gagner will still be there, I'm pretty sure.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The only ones gone for sure will be Turris, Kane, JVR, and Voracek (Alzner, Gagner and Cherepanov might be gone too) SO everyone else should be available.

Agreed on the first four, but do believe atleast one, maybe two, of Alzner, Gagner and Cherepanov will be available. One of Hamill, Backlund or Ellerby in the top 5-6 wouldn't really surprise me.

Cupless

Aug 26, 2005
Basic math says that one of Alzner, Gagner or Cherepanov will still be available at number 7. Not exactly a risky prediction. ;)

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
It's not a risky prediction in mock drafts.. however

I have seen Gagner Cherepanov and Alzner all being projected top 5 in different places... who knows what each teams board looks like.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
looks like Columbus fans and Oilers fans can sit in the stands and cheer "Cherry, Cherry, Cherry" for each of the first 5 picks.

OilerOlli*

My money is on Alzner or Gagner, although I'd like to see Jakub Voracek fall to us... won't happen. Still, Sam Gagner will still be there, I'm pretty sure.

gagner will be taken by Edmonton at #6.
Columbus will have the choice between Cherepanov, Esposito and Couture.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I figure teaming Cherepanov with Zherdev could be a good thing.

Doesn't a negative plus a negative equal a positive? Doesn't that rule transfer to hockey? :)

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi

Doesn't a negative plus a negative equal a positive? Doesn't that rule transfer to hockey? :)

Yes in algebra and if there is nothing added to the equation. Once you use the and, or and but ...well you know...it's no longer a pure neg + neg= pos.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
looks like Columbus fans and Oilers fans can sit in the stands and cheer "Cherry, Cherry, Cherry" for each of the first 5 picks.

i'll be doin that when im there

why not? they could work well off each other and with brule as center that could potentially work out...i personally think the jackets are spooked by russians and wont draft another with a top 10 unless ovechkin re-enters his name in :sarcasm:

and by the way its negative x negative= positive :teach:

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
kane, turris, vanriemsdyk, alzner - gone
voracek, cherepanov, gagner, ellerby, esposito, backlund, eller - possiblities.

I expect voracek to be gone, either at #4, 5, or 6. I have also heard from many oilers fans that gagner will be taken by Edmonton if he's available. Cherepanov could go anywhere, and for a while I thought that Columbus would pass on him if available. But with Scott Howson as the new gm being a "best player available" guy, I could see him getting picked by the jackets. I mean he was #1 at ISS like less than three months ago, and is still ranked highly.

Divine Wind

my guess at 7

I think Kane, turris, JVR, Alzner, Voracek and Gagner will all be gone by 7.

Cherepanov, Ellerby, Couture, Esposito, McDonagh, Hamill, Eller, Mayorov, Petrecki, and Shattenkirk should all be there though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->