Fantasy Sports: 7th Annual Flyers Board WJC Fantasy Draft Pool - PALE PWNR is the CHAMPION!

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
The standings have been updated using the sheet from @PALE PWNR and pasted into my sheet, link here: https ://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x3G1I8LX4vVuvHk-BVa9-JF_h2d3Vfdmmq9tXQ7U6SM/edit?usp=sharing

These standings includes goalie wins and shutouts but do not include any short-handed points. I will add those tomorrow - right now I need some sleep. If you find anything missing (apart from SHP) then do let me know.

As we can see @PALE PWNR has a slight lead going into the semifinals tomorrow with @BigToe the closest behind.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR 49
2.BIGTOE 46
3.AJW12 44
4.COFFE 40
5.GHOSTS BEER 39
6.PIT 38
7.DENOMINATOR 37
8.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN 33
8.MORINISBEAR 33
9.STIZZLE 27
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I thought I was finally gonna win something. :(

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I thought I was finally gonna win something. :(
still might, couple games left only 3 points out I think youre still very much in it, as are a couple others. Both you and I have no goaltending performances moving forward, and it only takes one big game for someone to get a 4 point swing easy out of a goalie

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
still might, couple games left only 3 points out I think youre still very much in it, as are a couple others. Both you and I have no goaltending performances moving forward, and it only takes one big game for someone to get a 4 point swing easy out of a goalie
Yea, but I feel like the rest of the games played will be low scoring. Could be wrong though, we’ll see.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
The updated standings when including the SHP. @PALE PWNR extends his lead with 1 point thanks to a Valentin Nussbaumer SHP. Other benefactors of SHP was myself, @Ghosts Beer and @Morinisbear who all collected two extra points.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR50
2.BIGTOE46
3.AJW1244
4.COFFE42
5.GHOSTS BEER41
6.PIT38
7.DENOMINATOR37
8.MORINISBEAR35
8.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN33
9.STIZZLE27
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I think I've drafted nussbaumer in 3 straight drafts.

giphy (13).gif

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
I think I got something like 10 points out of that Russia-Sweden game.

Yes, in fact you did get 10 points.

The updated standings from yesterday's games. @Captain Dave Poulin had himself a night as mentioned collecting 10 points from the SWE-RUS game. @PALE PWNR is still in the lead, and a few good Russian performances and a couple of Kazak points meant that @ajw12 jumped @BigToe for 2nd place. Lots still to play for on the final day.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR54
2.AJW1250
3.BIGTOE49
4.COFFE46
5.GHOSTS BEER45
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN43
7.DENOMINATOR43
8.PIT 39
8.MORINISBEAR35
9.STIZZLE28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Yes, in fact you did get 10 points.

The updated standings from yesterday's games. @Captain Dave Poulin had himself a night as mentioned collecting 10 points from the SWE-RUS game. @PALE PWNR is still in the lead, and a few good Russian performances and a couple of Kazak points meant that @ajw12 jumped @BigToe for 2nd place. Lots still to play for on the final day.

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR54
2.AJW1250
3.BIGTOE49
4.COFFE46
5.GHOSTS BEER45
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN43
7.DENOMINATOR43
8.PIT 39
8.MORINISBEAR35
9.STIZZLE28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Only way I can win this is if Lavoie turns into Crosby.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It looks like my claim that I would be coming in last will be foiled by Stizzle.

My late round picks were actually savvy. It's the early rounds that screwed me hard.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Congratulations to @PALE PWNR who is the winner of the 7th annual WJC draft! :clap::bow:

@ajw12 is able to sprint by and hold off @BigToe for the 2nd place finish, while the latter in turn fends off myself and @Ghosts Beer for the last podium place.

Well done to our podium finishers - better luck next year to the rest of us. As always, it's been a pleasure to run this competition with you guys.

Final standings

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR59
2.AJW1255
3.BIGTOE53
4.COFFE52
4.GHOSTS BEER52
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN48
7.DENOMINATOR46
8.PIT41
8.MORINISBEAR38
9.STIZZLE29
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Congratulations to @PALE PWNR who is the winner of the 7th annual WJC draft! :clap::bow:

@ajw12 is able to sprint by and hold off @BigToe for the 2nd place finish, while the latter in turn fends off myself and @Ghosts Beer for the last podium place.

Well done to our podium finishers - better luck next year to the rest of us. As always, it's been a pleasure to run this competition with you guys.

Final standings

PLACENAMEPOINTS
1.PALE PWNR59
2.AJW1255
3.BIGTOE53
4.COFFE52
4.GHOSTS BEER52
6.CAPTAIN DAVE POULIN48
7.DENOMINATOR46
8.PIT41
8.MORINISBEAR38
9.STIZZLE29
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Tusen tack som alltid, kompis.

Reactions: Coffe and BigToe

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Thanks @Coffe for doing a fantastic job as always. I want to thank the International Tournament Boards for providing multiple drafts that start earlier than ours that allow me to just find cool names to pick. I want to thank Alexis Lafreniere for doing what Jack Hughes could not for me last season and leading this team by example. I want to thank Valentin Nussbaumer for finally paying off for me.

I've reached my peak boys, it'll never get better for me than this moment right here.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks @Coffe for doing a fantastic job as always. I want to thank the International Tournament Boards for providing multiple drafts that start earlier than ours that allow me to just find cool names to pick. I want to thank Alexis Lafreniere for doing what Jack Hughes could not for me last season and leading this team by example. I want to thank Valentin Nussbaumer for finally paying off for me.

I've reached my peak boys, it'll never get better for me than this moment right here.

Congrats, sir.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Last place?! Eat up bud.

My strategy of drafting players from the cake division, and racking up points vs Slovakia and Khazakstan, did not pay off. :(

Kupari injured in game 1. :(

Faked out by a Finnish news report saying Lundell might actually play. :(

David Gustaffson being the unanimous 1C for Sweden meant nothing for the scoresheet. :(

Rodrigue's solid history in the *ahem* "Program of Excellence" lead to a nice view from the stands. In favor of no-names. :(

Even Bobby Brink got jipped out of an assist thanks to the wonderful IIHF scoring statisticians. :(

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
My strategy of drafting players from the cake division, and racking up points vs Slovakia and Khazakstan, did not pay off. :(

Kupari injured in game 1. :(

Faked out by a Finnish news report saying Lundell might actually play. :(

David Gustaffson being the unanimous 1C for Sweden meant nothing for the scoresheet. :(

Rodrigue's solid history in the *ahem* "Program of Excellence" lead to a nice view from the stands. In favor of no-names. :(

Even Bobby Brink got jipped out of an assist thanks to the wonderful IIHF scoring statisticians. :(

The USA coaches took my win away if that makes you feel any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->