GDT: @7pm EST the Bruins v Blue Jackets

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Bruins are my second favorite team and i have to say that it is kind of weird to see this team go from president trophy winners last season to what apparently might be a bubble team this year.

I expected some type of regression this year, but not this.

What the **** is going on? Everything that could go wrong this year is in fact going wrong.

1/3 of a first line
2/3 of a third line
1/3 of a 4th line
3.5 NHL defencemen

2nd line not playing up to previous standards

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned Bruins season. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest season since Bobby Orr flew across the net and won us the Stanley Cup. And when Clode squeezes his fat white self down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of folks this side of the nuthouse.

I didn't go berserk. I simply solved a problem. We needed a coffin... Er, a 1st line RW. There are no RW available mid season. Chia burned down my RW so I replaced it as best I could. Cunningham. Voilà.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I adore that in addition to only scoring 2 goals on one of the worst backups in the league, both of our goalies let in 3 a piece.

This team is ****ing special this year.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
I'm not worried because

1) we don't have Krejci and Chara. See how many teams can compete without their number 1 d and number 1 center

2) It was the second night of a back-to-back. We played last night and Columbus was resting.

3) We ran into a great goaltender, it happens.

4) It is so close to the winter solstice.

5) We need McQuaid back. When he's in the line up everyone slots back into their proper position. He makes everyone better.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
McQuaid doesn't fix the problems this team has. All he does is add to the surplus of bottom pairing defenders the Bruins have.

If you think McQuaid coming in and being slotted into the second pairing fixes the problem, then i'm afraid i have some bad news...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Only bright spot if you can call it that was Looch backing up his words.....hardly a ringing endorsement for this team right now

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins are my second favorite team and i have to say that it is kind of weird to see this team go from president trophy winners last season to what apparently might be a bubble team this year.

I expected some type of regression this year, but not this.

What the **** is going on? Everything that could go wrong this year is in fact going wrong.

I still think this team makes the playoffs, but i honestly don't know how far they are going to get in the playoffs.

Sports are funny like that sometimes. Redsox went from the first to last however I hardly see any cries for change in the FO. Bruins will get hot and go down fighting, it's in their blood.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Personally I can't wait until they squeak out a win over the next few days and the tone/tenor of this place goes back to;

- everything is awesome, just needed time to shake the rust off
- whatchu talkin bout?! This core is the same as 2011!
- haters gon hate

And the I have the same conversations with same arguments I've been having basically since last years playoffs, my head explodes, and I keep coming back because I'm a masochist who hates myself.

Part of me thinks that in 2017 the team will be middle of the pack and there will be people saying, "This team showed what it can do in 2011. You can't make changes!"

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Happy for Lucic that he got his manhood back.

Was that the Bruins' little Stanley Cup?

Now it's time to get him to the 3rd line so he can keep it.

A game does not make a career.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
What I did not realise is....As of this morning the CBJ are the very best in the NHL over their last 10 games. Unfortunately for the Bruins, they played last night as if they didn't realise this either.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What I did not realise is....As of this morning the CBJ are the very best in the NHL over their last 10 games. Unfortunately for the Bruins, they played last night as if they didn't realise this either.

If Columbus ever gets healthy they'll be a very nasty team to face.

The Last Baron*

The Bruins aren't known for tanking, don't think that happens. They will make every effort to get into the playoffs as they should

Agreed. Tanking is a loser's mentality, but it's expected on a forum where posters value the QMJHL player of the week more than established NHL players.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Agreed. Tanking is a loser's mentality, but it's expected on a forum where posters value the QMJHL player of the week more than established NHL players.

there's a difference between the Q player of the week and the next crosby in mcdavid.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
@Jeffler: Boston Bruins Executive Director of Player Personnel John Ferguson Jr. is at today's Toronto Marlies (TOR) / Adirondack Flames (CGY) game.

Probably doesn't mean jack, but I'll leave it here.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
I'm a little worried that Rask will become our Luongo. But we don't have a Schneider waiting in the wings. $7 million and beach balls would have an easy time getting through him.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
@Jeffler: Boston Bruins Executive Director of Player Personnel John Ferguson Jr. is at today's Toronto Marlies (TOR) / Adirondack Flames (CGY) game.

Probably doesn't mean jack, but I'll leave it here.

Koko for Bill freaking Arnold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad