GDT: @7pm EST the Bruins v Blue Jackets

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I agree...but I said the same thing in 2010/ 2011.

On this date in 2010 the B's had the 9th best record in hockey and 5th best in the east.

Entering today they were 18th in the league and 10th in the conference. They lost today.

HUGE difference. I get the optimism, but that team made it to 8th best in the league by 1/10 and 6th best in the league by 2/10. To jump 12 spots in a month in a half would be unheard of.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
I think PC has two options:fire the coach or make a major trade.One has to be coming soon.

I would not count on either happening soon. I think Cam & Chia wrote off this season as a bridge year as soon as the Iggy thing fell through. Chia has been making a lot of calls, but it's not as if making a deal today is really any more urgent than a month ago. It sounds like the trade market has chilled off a bit.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
----------
The last two trade bomb the Bruins had was Seguin and JB.

You're sure you want another one?

I sure don't. They need to trade for the future and not for the bruins we see today. This can't be fixed by one trade.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Without good veteren D man n top winger added to team ,playoffs be a fight for sure to make.Chiarelli needs to learn how to handle cap smarter in future.

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
If EVERY single player on this team is under performing then maybe the coach should go.

There you go. They've been under performing since the Habs serie last year. People talk about the loss of Iginla, Boychuck, ... but the fact is that the downfall started during the Habs serie. Something went wrong in that serie and it hasn't been fix. If a change in coaching doesn't change anything then the problem is much deeper and a major shake up or rebuilt will be needed. My bet is that if the Bruins play anything close to what they played tonight against Detroit, Julien is gone on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
On this date in 2010 the B's had the 9th best record in hockey and 5th best in the east.

Entering today they were 18th in the league and 10th in the conference. They lost today.

HUGE difference. I get the optimism, but that team made it to 8th best in the league by 1/10 and 6th best in the league by 2/10. To jump 12 spots in a month in a half would be unheard of.

You are right.

They suck.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
What an ugly game tonight. everyone really has to look themselves in the mirror and get this ship going back in the right direction. have a chance with a couple division games coming up with huge points on the board

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville
its painful to watch this team, its a turnstile with the ahl talent trying to keep a regular job. edwards was a clown tonight,, get a grip the team wasnt worthy of being in the game.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Personally I can't wait until they squeak out a win over the next few days and the tone/tenor of this place goes back to;

- everything is awesome, just needed time to shake the rust off
- whatchu talkin bout?! This core is the same as 2011!
- haters gon hate

And the I have the same conversations with same arguments I've been having basically since last years playoffs, my head explodes, and I keep coming back because I'm a masochist who hates myself.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Personally I can't wait until they squeak out a win over the next few days and the tone/tenor of this place goes back to;

- everything is awesome, just needed time to shake the rust off
- whatchu talkin bout?! This core is the same as 2011!
- haters gon hate

And the I have the same conversations with same arguments I've been having basically since last years playoffs, my head explodes, and I keep coming back because I'm a masochist who hates myself.

it's ok if you hate yourself; we love you. :laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Bruins are my second favorite team and i have to say that it is kind of weird to see this team go from president trophy winners last season to what apparently might be a bubble team this year.

I expected some type of regression this year, but not this.

What the **** is going on? Everything that could go wrong this year is in fact going wrong.

I still think this team makes the playoffs, but i honestly don't know how far they are going to get in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad