GDT: [#78] This Game Kinda Matters ★ 7:30 PM CST ★ FSSW ★

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hope this casual turning the Puck over / not taking opponents serious on the PP stops. By all accounts that should've been a shorty against AGAIN.

Really happy how Faksa has developed . Great to see after all these injuries he had in his junior/minor career. At least one of Niewy's first rounders that worked out.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
Hope this casual turning the Puck over / not taking opponents serious on the PP stops. By all accounts that should've been a shorty against AGAIN.

Really happy how Faksa has developed . Great to see after all these injuries he had in his junior/minor career. At least one of Niewy's first rounders that worked out.
Law of averages.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
1 of 4 on lottery picks is pretty bad . Sure non of them are top 5 but Glennie and Campbell really hurt. Oleksiak is at least a fringe NHL player and was the lowest pick of the bunch.
Luckily the team picked terrific in the lower rounds.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Why did Arizona even pull the goalie there ? It has something to do with playoff elimination i guess because that made no sense otherwise.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Only real negative was the Powerplay that again looked like they thought this was practise and not an actual game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Didn't catch much of it, but I liked what I saw.

Glad to see that we're getting hot at the right time. I've had a post in mind for a few days that I'll get to eventually, but I think we could really do so damage in the playoffs, looking up and down the lineup.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, in our last seven games...

6-1-0

27 GF, 13 GA (+14 Dif., +2 per)

1 Shutout

And a lot of that offense has come from the bottom 6, which is wonderful to see. Need those guys to step up in the playoffs.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
I'm really Loving the way this team is playing lately. Physical, standing up for eachother, and getting a lot of depth scoring.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Does anyone think that Jordie is on the second pp because he is odd man out when Russell is back. It makes no sense for him to be out there. I am a Jordie supporter but I don't think he belongs on pp. would rather see johns of current group

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The second Unit feels really wierd anyway not just Jordie.
Eakin probably shouldn't be centering it in a perfect world too. But who else is there ?
Could try Faksa as a reward for great play lately but thats about it.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Faksa is learning to crash the net more and has been rewarded by 2 goals. He would make a good center/net front presence on 2nd unit. Ruff may want to limit some of his minutes as he has seemingly taken the shutdown center role and ran with it.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I personally would not mind if ruff did what he did earlier in the year and just put the Roussell Faksa and Hemsky line out for second unit.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I personally would not mind if ruff did what he did earlier in the year and just put the Roussell Faksa and Hemsky line out for second unit.

This please. Would also help to make sure we don't give up any more short-handed goals. Seen enough of those this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This please. Would also help to make sure we don't give up any more short-handed goals. Seen enough of those this year.

Seeing how it's usually the first Unit / around the time they change where the ****ups happen. I don't think that would make much of a difference for shorties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad