Post-Game Talk: #78 | FLYERS 2 at Avalanche 1 | Wed., Mar. 28, 2018, 10:00 pm ET

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So there's something going on we don't know about that excuses using MacDonald 2nd most of all defensemen?
Or that makes it OK to use Lehtera more than Patrick?
Or any of the other obviously incorrect coaching moves that can't even be debated?

Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg

Its got to be the same phantom injury that kept Sanheim out of the lineup but not back in the AHL.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Get some vodka and we will talk :laugh:

Hey, while you're here. I've been thinking about learning some Russian for work purposes. I was reading that you should skip the transliteration stuff and just go straight to learning the Cyrillic alphabet because some sounds just don't translate over well. You think that's a good approach? I've learned another language, but I've never used a different alphabet before. I'm kind of lost on that one.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Hey, while you're here. I've been thinking about learning some Russian for work purposes. I was reading that you should skip the transliteration stuff and just go straight to learning the Cyrillic alphabet because some sounds just don't translate over well. You think that's a good approach? I've learned another language, but I've never used a different alphabet before. I'm kind of lost on that one.
Da. I would agree with that. Are you looking into learning colloquial or reading/ writing capabilities?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Da. I would agree with that. Are you looking into learning colloquial or reading/ writing capabilities?

Yep, everything. A lof of the interactions would be through email or IRC, but I may also be traveling there a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Yep, reading and writing as well. A lof of the interactions would be through email or IRC.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I really appreciate it.
Russian language (mostly) does not have spelling, and usually a letter sounds exactly as intended. Additionally, there are more letters in Russian than in English and some of them do not have latin alphabet equivalent. So, for a beginner I would advise just to learn it without transliteration.
Are you planning to take classes?

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Russian language (mostly) does not have spelling, and usually a letter sounds exactly as intended. Additionally, there are mole letters in Russian than in English and some of them do not have latin alphabet equivalent. So, for a beginner I would advise just to learn it without transliteration.
Are you planning to take classes?
You caught my attention at “mole letters”... but then I realized it was just a typo and was a bit disappointed, to be honest.

patrick kitchin

Feb 26, 2018
Didn't get to watch until today on DVR. Gotta admit Mrazek played lights out last 10 min. Hak prob piseed though his one point plan didn't get executed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad