Prospect Info: 2017 76th Overall Pick | C Alexei Lipanov

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He's coming to the CHL to play for Barrie, hopefully they call it a loan so he can go to the AHL after 1 year. Should dominate with potential 1st overall Svechnikov next year. Really good pick in the 3rd, maybe another point as he has all the tools to be a legit top 6 forward.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
This is what the RUSProspects guy told me.

Lipanov has a second line center written all over him, Volkov's upside so far looked more of a middle-six guy. No idea why Yzerman went so early, but probably because he liked his dynamic two-way game: back at the Series, you could see him fighting for the puck in the D zone and just a moment later he was already making trouble in the offensive zone.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I like this pick a lot. Classic third round pick from Yzerman and crew. This kid has a ton of potential and looks to have the drive and skillset to make it work. Good job!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I love his enthusiasm. You can tell that it is genuine. Like a kid on Christmas morning. That enthusiasm is perhaps the most endearing quality about Russian players. Some North American players would make you think their dog just got put to sleep but not Liponov. I can't wait to follow his career. I seldom get a feeling about a player I know nothing about but it feels great with him.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Barrie Colts added Lipanov's U18 linemate Andrei Svechnikov to the team at the import draft... the fan expectations for this duo is no less than setting the OHL on fire.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
Barrie Colts added Lipanov's U18 linemate Andrei Svechnikov to the team at the import draft... the fan expectations for this duo is no less than setting the OHL on fire.

Then I look forward to all the people saying, "But what can Lipanov do without Svechnikov?????"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad