OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The fact that you don't like "Lock, Stock" - but I was joking, obv.
I know. ;)
I just wanted to know which part of my correct opinion I had to defend.

Personally, I had two main issues... 1) I didn’t care about any of the characters so there was really no suspense or stakes, and 2) it felt so 1990s-ish in the worst possible way (especially visually).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
IMG_20200509_090817.jpg
IMG_20200509_090811.jpg

At work today these guys pull up. 55 foot cigarette boat that I will likely never be able to afford in my lifetime. 500$ in gas to fill that up.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
View attachment 345546 View attachment 345547

At work today these guys pull up. 55 foot cigarette boat that I will likely never be able to afford in my lifetime. 500$ in gas to fill that up.

I used to have a friend whose dad and brother raced these things and were like, world champions at one point for their division.

They used to get free waverunners and Jetskis from Yamaha as well. I had about 5 or 6 near death experiences flying on a turbocharged jetski at 75 mph - most notably concussion #2 while trying to pull a flip off a 40fters wake in Absecon.

Reactions: Cody Webster

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I used to have a friend whose dad and brother raced these things and were like, world champions at one point for their division.

They used to get free waverunners and Jetskis from Yamaha as well. I had about 5 or 6 near death experiences flying on a turbocharged jetski at 75 mph - most notably concussion #2 while trying to pull a flip off a 40fters wake in Absecon.
Yea I just don't even think I'd have very much fun in something like that. Like I'd imagine it would be fun for about 10 minutes then I'd be all set

Reactions: wankstifier

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yea I just don't even think I'd have very much fun in something like that. Like I'd imagine it would be fun for about 10 minutes then I'd be all set

The cigarette boat racing wasn't for me. Jetski/waverunning was a blast when I was a careless youth. Its still fun, but I don't do the crazy stuff I used to back then.

Reactions: Chinatown88

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Stupid question, is it better to get my car entirely fixed up before using it as a trade in for a new car, or just say f*** it and just leave it as is?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Stupid question, is it better to get my car entirely fixed up before using it as a trade in for a new car, or just say f*** it and just leave it as is?

Depends what it is.

I’ve traded in cars with full blown dents from a hit and run and still got better than fair market price while trading it in.

Also, in today’s current climate I think there’s going to be some major deals to be had for automobiles.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Brakes work fine, but the e-brake needs to be tightened and I think my brake calipers need to be cleaned. It's almost 100K miles and never gotten a transmission fluid change (generally with sealed transmissions, they don't need one until about 100K). Holes and cracks in the front bumper. Little chip/rust spots on the front of the hood and fenders. Dents/scrapes on 3 of the doors.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Brakes work fine, but the e-brake needs to be tightened and I think my brake calipers need to be cleaned. It's almost 100K miles and never gotten a transmission fluid change (generally with sealed transmissions, they don't need one until about 100K). Holes and cracks in the front bumper. Little chip/rust spots on the front of the hood and fenders. Dents/scrapes on 3 of the doors.

If you're trading it into a dealer, don't worry about anything mechanical. I've never had them actually test drive the car. I traded my Mazda in for my current car and they didn't even look at it. Most of these cars just go off to auction and are never seen again. If it's an older car, I wouldnt consider it at all as the money you put into it won't be reflected back in the trade in.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If you're trading it into a dealer, don't worry about anything mechanical. I've never had them actually test drive the car. I traded my Mazda in for my current car and they didn't even look at it. Most of these cars just go off to auction and are never seen again. If it's an older car, I wouldnt consider it at all as the money you put into it won't be reflected back in the trade in.

2014 Accord so about 6.5 years old.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Not worth it for trade in. Just wash it well so it looks like you care.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Eh, its not that old. But if you don't know someone who can do the body work for you, probably still not worth it. The swing in trade in value isn't large enough because 9 times out of 10, the dealer has no intention of doing anything with it, just shipping it off.

Yeah, I mean, to fix the aesthetic damage of the car, it would probably cost about 2 to 3 grand. Already got a quote for the bumper where I'd have to pay $580 or so just to replace it. 3 of the 4 doors has a very noticeable scrape in them, so to probably repair and paint each of them would be like $500 a piece.

Not worth it for trade in. Just wash it well so it looks like you care.

According to KBB, with my mileage and in "Good" condition, it's worth about 6K. Unless this doesn't sound like "Good" to you?

I do remember trading in my old CR-V (2001) for this Accord and I got like 3 grand for it even though the AC didn't work :laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad