Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@trostol I know what you are going through - it's brutal, because it is making you think of both Fritz and Jack. The only way I ever found to get through it with my cats was to tell myself that I gave them the best life I could, a better and longer life by far than they would have had without me. It didn't help much, but then nothing could. It's just the best coping mechanism I could come up with while letting time take care of the healing, insofar as you are ever healed. YNWA

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I feel like their forcing me to be a damn conspiracy theorist. Epstein found guilty, then found dead. Weinstein found guilty, then rushed to the hospital. (Which is probably just him being a little bitch about going) and now this
4626246B-4130-4D25-830F-20DD9AD07D89.png

Reactions: BigToe

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I feel like their forcing me to be a damn conspiracy theorist. Epstein found guilty, then found dead. Weinstein found guilty, then rushed to the hospital. (Which is probably just him being a little bitch about going) and now this
View attachment 326753

I love myself a good conspiracy but this Law & Crime is the only one reporting that that occurred that I can find.

Reactions: Defect

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
@trostol I know what you are going through - it's brutal, because it is making you think of both Fritz and Jack. The only way I ever found to get through it with my cats was to tell myself that I gave them the best life I could, a better and longer life by far than they would have had without me. It didn't help much, but then nothing could. It's just the best coping mechanism I could come up with while letting time take care of the healing, insofar as you are ever healed. YNWA

thanks Cap!!!!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
As someone who likes Disney, Is this good? Do we want this?

I think it is good.

Iger just turned 69. Although I think he has done a great job at the helm and he looks great for 69, that is still getting up there. He is going to stay on to help with the transition through the end of 2021. He has been doing the job for 15 years and will be leaving at almost 71.

The guy replacing him, which at least they went with another Bob, has been with Disney for almost 30 years. He was in charge of Parks during the more recent resurgence in technology for rides and the development of all the new "lands" based on the properties Disney has acquired over Iger's tenure.

Basically, Iger did a really good job over the past 15 years and he is getting up there in age. They hired a Disney insider who "gets" the company who has a history of successfully running a large part of the company and put a transition plan in place to help him succeed.

Btw, I'm saying this as someone who hasn't been to a Disney park in 22 years. I'm just a pretty big Disney nerd and I really like the business and imaginering side. I'll watch pretty much any Disney development or behind the scenes doc, which the Imaginering doc series on Disney+ is great.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I think it is good.

Iger just turned 69. Although I think he has done a great job at the helm and he looks great for 69, that is still getting up there. He is going to stay on to help with the transition through the end of 2021. He has been doing the job for 15 years and will be leaving at almost 71.

The guy replacing him, which at least they went with another Bob, has been with Disney for almost 30 years. He was in charge of Parks during the more recent resurgence in technology for rides and the development of all the new "lands" based on the properties Disney has acquired over Iger's tenure.

Basically, Iger did a really good job over the past 15 years and he is getting up there in age. They hired a Disney insider who "gets" the company who has a history of successfully running a large part of the company and put a transition plan in place to help him succeed.

Btw, I'm saying this as someone who hasn't been to a Disney park in 22 years. I'm just a pretty big Disney nerd and I really like the business and imaginering side. I'll watch pretty much any Disney development or behind the scenes doc, which the Imaginering doc series on Disney+ is great.
I'm a theme park nerd too so I'm curious how this will pan out. I still can't believe that after all these years I'll get to ride a Tron lightcycle coaster since I wanted that ride as a kid. Hopefully I don't have a panic attack and vomit everywhere or get a splitting headache (like the Hulk coaster at Universal gave me a few years ago).

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Here are some more quotes from people over on the Disney forum

Chapek has been hated even more than Iger for quite a long time

Company almost made it to a hundred years, so that is a pretty good run...
Cost cutting, imagination-less, money hungry shark, Chapek will run this thing down into the ground

I'd like to congratulate Bob Chapek for being the best possible example of failing upwards... I look forward to Target being a part of Epcot and no original attractions for the rest of my life

I am totally out of the Disney-love loop in that although this news is surprising, I am unaware of what Chapek did wrong before. Can someone clue me in please, like in a short sentence perhaps?

Some responses to that:

there’s not a way to put it into one sentence really, other than “misunderstood the parks to the point of no return”

It might be less time consuming to ask what he’s done right

His decisions are solely based on what is going to move the most merchandise. He sees everything as a possible vending machine. Story, quality, service, and company heritage seem of little concern to him.

It's basically 39 pages of fanboi's hating the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->