GDT: #75 - Sabres vs. Devils at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
what is GI?
Goaltender interference

Keep on losing. Get that bottom 5 finish, a hopeful lotto win and get Housley FIRED. If Botts doesn't want to then fire him also.

Coach Q or bust. Give him 7 mil per. We need a playoff apperance next season or this franchise may never recover.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
They were ragging on the Sabres on NHL Network earlier today, talking about how bad they’ve been since the winning streak and laughing and making fun of them.

This team is literally a punchline right now. Meanwhile Housley is still the coach.
That's excellent if Pegula sees it

Reactions: sabremike

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
The Sabres will never compete until they have some version of Erika Wachter instead of some version of Rob Ray
erika.jpg

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Don't sell me that BS Marty when we see O'Reily sitting on Ullmark when the f***ing Blues scored against us.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Goaltender interference

Keep on losing. Get that bottom 5 finish, a hopeful lotto win and get Housley FIRED. If Botts doesn't want to then fire him also.

Coach Q or bust. Give him 7 mil per. We need a playoff apperance next season or this franchise may never recover.
That goalie interference might have got us a top 5 pick.

Will have to remember that moment.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Dahlin brought the puck up ice and started to weave looking for someone to be breaking. No one was moving and he ended up dumping it to the corner but we had no momentum. Not one of Rasmus’s best decisions He should have circled back and re attacked the blue line.

He’ll learn but that’s where it went wrong.
It went wrong May 22nd 1970...

Reactions: Smile Ivan

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Now only 4 points ahead of NJ. This collapse is monumental and something you just don’t see. The range of the season highs and lows some fans had to endure this year is impressive.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Pilut-Risto 70% CF...good as always. Risto would've been a +1 for those +- lovers until refs called the goal back. League helping the tank and tanking Risto's +- more for lulz.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Dahlin brought the puck up ice and started to weave looking for someone to be breaking. No one was moving and he ended up dumping it to the corner but we had no momentum. Not one of Rasmus’s best decisions He should have circled back and re attacked the blue line.

He’ll learn but that’s where it went wrong.

Good breakdown, however I'm worried that Phil doesnt see it the same way and is coaching Dahlin to dump it in the corner when he doesnt have an outlet. Other teams have figured out Housleys system and he refuses to compensate. I saw countless times tonight as soon as Sabres entered the zone with possession opposing forwards pealed off their man coverage and basically waited for the pass back to the point along the boards.

They know what's coming because nothing ever changes. Drop pass in the neutral zone, rush the blue line and if pressured dump to the man standing at the boards to put it inside the offensive zone then break in to recieve a pass. If any pressure is recieved flip in back along the boards to the point and immediately the defenseman cycle across ice. If no shooting lane exists dump along the boards to the initial puck carrier cycling behind the net and look for a pass to the front of the net. If no pass in front can be made, which let's be real no ones ever in front of the net, cycle back again behind the net and pass up the boards back to the point to reset and try again. Repeat. That's our entire offensive strategy, every game, every line, every situation. Other teams watch hockey, they know how to defend this high school strategy.

It's would be comical if I wasnt so emotionally invested in this team. No one moves or does anything to try and break the system. They stand there and either wait for Eichel to make something happen, or recently stand there and wait for Dahlin to make something happen. It's a joke.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Indeed.

Zero regulation wins in past 13 (2 wins - OT/SO wins over STL and PIT)

- Last Regulation win: 14 games ago - Beat Washington 5-2

- 4 losses in a row before that

Truly incredible.

Wow.

At this point in the season stuff becomes a bit abstract for me.

But that is a pretty stark run.

I mean most of that is after the deadline, when management added talent to a mostly healthy roster of the players management picked to start the year.

Wow

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Good breakdown, however I'm worried that Phil doesnt see it the same way and is coaching Dahlin to dump it in the corner when he doesnt have an outlet. Other teams have figured out Housleys system and he refuses to compensate. I saw countless times tonight as soon as Sabres entered the zone with possession opposing forwards pealed off their man coverage and basically waited for the pass back to the point along the boards.

They know what's coming because nothing ever changes. Drop pass in the neutral zone, rush the blue line and if pressured dump to the man standing at the boards to put it inside the offensive zone then break in to recieve a pass. If any pressure is recieved flip in back along the boards to the point and immediately the defenseman cycle across ice. If no shooting lane exists dump along the boards to the initial puck carrier cycling behind the net and look for a pass to the front of the net. If no pass in front can be made, which let's be real no ones ever in front of the net, cycle back again behind the net and pass up the boards back to the point to reset and try again. Repeat. That's our entire offensive strategy, every game, every line, every situation. Other teams watch hockey, they know how to defend this high school strategy.

It's would be comical if I wasnt so emotionally invested in this team. No one moves or does anything to try and break the system. They stand there and either wait for Eichel to make something happen, or recently stand there and wait for Dahlin to make something happen. It's a joke.

I want to high five this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->