Sat NYI
Sun Wash
Wed Leafs: Hart
Sat Canes
Sun NYR
Tues Stars: Hart
Thur Blues: Hart
Sat Canes: Hart

If we are ok with running Hart every 2nd day, the above is a given. And if we don't want him playing on b2b, they Talbot or Elliott must play 2 games. It might make more sense to have Hart play Sunday vs Wash then Sat vs Canes.

This would give Hart 2 days off from the Chicago game to Sunday, then 2 days off until Wednesday...instead of 1 day off...then 3. Then again after that Leafs game, give him Saturday gives him 2 and 2 instead of 3 and 1 for days off.

What would you do?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Sat NYI - Hart
Sun Wash - Talbot
Sun NYR: Talbot
Sat Canes: Talbot (if out of playoffs, if not Hart)
I’d start Talbot tomorrow and Hart on Sunday, but other than that it would be the same.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
ok...time to discuss who starts.

Sat NYI
Sun Wash
Sat Canes
Sun NYR

If we are ok with running Hart every 2nd day, the above is a given. And if we don't want him playing on b2b, they Talbot or Elliott must play 2 games. It might make more sense to have Hart play Sunday vs Wash then Sat vs Canes.

This would give Hart 2 days off from the Chicago game to Sunday, then 2 days off until Wednesday...instead of 1 day off...then 3. Then again after that Leafs game, give him Saturday gives him 2 and 2 instead of 3 and 1 for days off.

What would you do?

This might be the best rotation to use but...

MIMSY wants a job. MUST RIDE HART TO DEATH!!!!!

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’d start Talbot tomorrow and Hart on Sunday, but other than that it would be the same.

I can understand that line of thinking too. I just feel like the Isles is a more winnable game.

Reactions: BiggE

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Sat NYI - Talbot
Sun Wash - Hart
Sat Canes - Hart
Sun NYR - Talbot
Thur Blues - Talbot

I replaced Hart with Talbot against the Blues. I'm not sure why we think Elliott is just going to be shelved to the press box, unless I've missed a latest greatest injury for the guy. #Mimsylife

I give Talbot the nod against the Rangers with intention, and Hart has to play the last game of the season, especially because it is a home game and the paying folks in attendance deserve to see that. Otherwise, Hart gets two days rest at a minimum. And Talbot starts against a weaker NYI because it protects Hart from any stupid stuff that might occur.

Again, for the umpteenth time, just to reiterate, trading for Talbot was a do-nothing trade, a mistake, both shortsighted and wasteful. Hindsight being 20/20, no oracle of Delphi to inform Elliott would successfully reintegrate to the line-up without further injury, blah blah blah. Still helped another franchise for the "right" to negotiate earlier with Talbot as a potential back-up next year. He projects (mine) to play three games more, on top of the 2 game appearance already (1 start, 1 relief). Whoop de freaking do, 5 games!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One more proof you don't even watch the games. No surprise really.

I just couldn't remember the last time he dropped the gloves, it's not been very often the last few years.
In fact, real fights are rare these days, how often has Gudas been in an actual fight (v a scrum with the refs holding everyone back).

Last edited by a moderator:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
trading for Talbot was a do-nothing trade, a mistake, both shortsighted and wasteful. H

Stolarz is going to be a UFA since he's not getting the required games in Edmonton.
So it was a "nothing for nothing" trade, since Stolarz wouldn't have played over a healthy Elliott, either, and would have ended up a UFA.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Sat NYI - Hart
Sun Wash - Talbot

The genius behind the bench will definitely through Elliott in. He can't help himself

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Is Boychuk out with an injury? I wouldn't want Hart to get this start because I expect this to turn into a rough game. Morin should be in as well.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hopefully Jake shoves his stick up Boychuk's goofy ass.

Hoping for Morin and Talbot but Gordo gotta Gordo so **** us I guess.

Why would you hope for Talbot? He's an .894 goalie and has played one and a half games in the last six weeks.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sat NYI - Hart
Sun Wash - Talbot

If Hakstol had suddenly promoted a veteran goalie who was having a poor season and had barely played in the past month and a half, with the Flyers basically needing to win every remaining game to make the playoffs, you would used it as evidence of what a terrible coach he was. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad