OT: 74th Obsequious Banter Thread: Remember That Mike Vecchione Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Does anyone watch Letterkenny? I'm halfway through the first season. I'm not invested, but it's good for a few laughs each episode. Plus Katy is hot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Young Sandwich

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
My wife and I do, it's mostly good, there's usually one show where it seems like they ran out of ideas and just riff a bunch of tired old one-liners.
I could see it...can't blame them since the dialogue is an hour's worth of zingers jammed into 25 minutes

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Saw 1917 and that probably is it for a while for me at the movies as what's coming out looks awful. With that being said, here's what I thought about the past year

Best Movie: 1917. Should win Best Picture imo, as I liked it a lot more than Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and others nominated.

Movie I enjoyed the most/best cinematic experience: Avengers Endgame. Never seen anything like it. Never have seen more roars and tears. Riveting.

Least Favorite Movie of 2019: Ad Astra. Just did not enjoy this one and felt like a desperate attempt to get Pitt nominated for Best Actor.

Most underrated: Ford v. Ferrari-personal bias because I'm a big racing fan, but it is kind of getting overshadowed by other movies that have a lot of nominations. Damon and Bale are tremendous together.

Most overrated: Joker. Good performance from Phoenix, but that movie is...something else and not worthy of 11 nominations.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ken Jennings!

Watched it all and was pulling for him. I feel super conspiracy theorist right now though lol. Like.......I knew the answer was "Iago." I'm good at trivia, but these guys are the best. Ken didn't bet anything when he could've locked it up regardless of James. And James is an encyclopedia, but he didn't know that pretty easy clue (relatively speaking) with everything at stake? I'm just surprised. Doesn't make sense.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Watched it all and was pulling for him. I feel super conspiracy theorist right now though lol. Like.......I knew the answer was "Iago." I'm good at trivia, but these guys are the best. Ken didn't bet anything when he could've locked it up regardless of James. And James is an encyclopedia, but he didn't know that pretty easy clue (relatively speaking) with everything at stake? I'm just surprised. Doesn't make sense.
My friend and I thought it was gonna be rigged to go the full 7.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Facepalm.

I’ll get around to it eventually but I honestly haven’t watched any of the Daniel Craig 007 adaptations to this point.

The theme songs in the Brosnan adaptations blew too though. I much prefer the ones of from like the 60-70’s but that’s a lot different styles for the most part especially in the early going.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’ll get around to it eventually but I honestly haven’t watched any of the Daniel Craig 007 adaptations to this point.

The theme songs in the Brosnan adaptations blew too though. I much prefer the ones of from like the 60-70’s but that’s a lot different styles for the most part especially in the early going.

I'm not sure what people who complain about him are expecting from James Bond movies, but I think he has been excellent - very easily the best outside Sean Connery.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not sure what people who complain about him are expecting from James Bond movies, but I think he has been excellent - very easily the best outside Sean Connery.

Fans complain about everything & anything on the internet when it comes to entertainment they’re passionate enough about.

Hell I’m guilty of it myself when it comes to hockey. :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
People don’t like him? I thought the movies have been really good....

Then again, I haven’t really watched almost any of the old ones, so I can’t really compare it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Shakespeare is shit, I wouldn't have bet anything either

Jeopardy is always a fun watch, especially during the Flyers' first periods.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->