OT: 74th Obsequious Banter Thread: Remember That Mike Vecchione Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Kids are like tiny personal jesters, it's fantastic.

My 3 year old just started ****ting on the toilet. He was in the bathroom for a while the other night so I went in to check on him. I asked if he was all good and he said, "yeah Dad......... can I get some space please?". Like he'd been toilet ****ting for years. He's a natural. I also taught him to stand up, bend over, and touch his toes when he's done so I can clean him up. :laugh:

He also just randomly started calling us Mom and Dad one day. No more mommy and daddy. They really do grow up like weeds.

I was so confused at first as to why you were proud of this...I originally took it as he was shiting ON the toilet, not while sitting on it :laugh:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I was so confused at first as to why you were proud of this...I originally took it as he was ****ing ON the toilet, not while sitting on it :laugh:
Haha, luckily that wasn't the case. We have this in our bathroom to make sure that never happens:

TOI32_Squatting-Sign.png

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Two weeks ago, the Child requested pizza for dinner. The wife just happened to have the supplies for homemade pizza, so she got pizza. On Monday she put in the request again, so she got pizza again. At Daycare on Valentine's Day, our provider was going to make homemade pizza (which she had never done for them before) and the Child requested it for lunch right when she got there.

She's 3/3 for demanding homemade pizza and receiving it. This has set an unsustainable example.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Two weeks ago, the Child requested pizza for dinner. The wife just happened to have the supplies for homemade pizza, so she got pizza. On Monday she put in the request again, so she got pizza again. At Daycare on Valentine's Day, our provider was going to make homemade pizza (which she had never done for them before) and the Child requested it for lunch right when she got there.

She's 3/3 for demanding homemade pizza and receiving it. This has set an unsustainable example.
This phenomenon has been happening every Monday morning for the last few weeks in our house. Dude just spent the last two days at home and has no intentions of going to daycare despite loving it there. It's fun/terrifying to watch how their habits change with wild inconsistency.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This phenomenon has been happening every Monday morning for the last few weeks in our house. Dude just spent the last two days at home and has no intentions of going to daycare despite loving it there. It's fun/terrifying to watch how their habits change with wild inconsistency.

This morning's Cup Incident meant that The Child decided she would be totally unworkable. She decreed she would not go to daycare. I informed her she would. Now, on weekends when she requests to go to daycare, I tell her she can't because daycare is sleeping. She spun that right around on me this morning by clarifying that she cannot go to daycare because it is sleeping. I informed her it definitely is not. So she collapsed where she stood, assumed her normal sleeping position, and told me she couldn't go to daycare because she is sleeping.

Much manhandling later, she was at daycare. And she was in a bad mood there all day. Because I made her drink out of a green cup instead of pink.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
This morning's Cup Incident meant that The Child decided she would be totally unworkable. She decreed she would not go to daycare. I informed her she would. Now, on weekends when she requests to go to daycare, I tell her she can't because daycare is sleeping. She spun that right around on me this morning by clarifying that she cannot go to daycare because it is sleeping. I informed her it definitely is not. So she collapsed where she stood, assumed her normal sleeping position, and told me she couldn't go to daycare because she is sleeping.

Much manhandling later, she was at daycare. And she was in a bad mood there all day. Because I made her drink out of a green cup instead of pink.
I'm cracking up at your Child stories

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
As someone who does even own a cell phone, your friend likes to waste money.
I mentioned this a few months ago but he got schmoozed by some sales rep at a AT&T or T-Mobile store. He's not the most tech savy person and gets easily convinced by "experts". It bothers me because he always hits me up to troubleshoot his PC and other stuff. But apparently I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to technology.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm going to tag in @JojoTheWhale for a more technical explanation.

Personally from what I've read, I don't think it's worth to get something right now. I think it's all just a marketing gimmick at the moment.

5g is starting to roll out. The problem is that it's coming in various forms. You have mmWave, which is a significant step up in speed, but has major range and penetration issues. Low-band 5G is not nearly as fast but has much better coverage. Mid-band is about to be put into private use, as it was previously mostly for the military.

TLDR; Unless you know how to read coverage maps and are positive about it, current 5G may or may be not 5G and you may or may not be able to get reception from inside of a building or from outside of the downtown areas of major cities.

Last edited:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
So my friend is still convinced that it's worth to pay up to $1k for a 5G compatible iPhone. I shook my head a lot last night.
iPhones are pretty much worth 1k, give or take, but not for 5g. 5g doesn’t exist yet, and their certainly is not a national infrastructure in place to handle it.
Verizon seems to be the one company that is pushing the advertising hard, and I think they should be sued for false advertising.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
5g in various forms is starting to roll out. The problem is that it's coming in various forms. You have mmWave, which is a significant step up in speed, but has major range and penetration issues. Low-band 5G is not nearly as fast but has much better coverage. Mid-band is about to be put into private use, ad it was previously mostly for the military.

TLDR; Unless you know how to read coverage maps and are positive about it, current 5G may or may be not 5G and you may or may not be able to get reception from inside of a building or from outside of the downtown areas of major cities.
I didn’t think 5g was an actual thing yet. I thought it was more like a 4.1G, using current 4G networks. Basically a slightly boosted signal.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is it really that different from 4g? Like really

For a phone, I don't see the benefit. I'm never doing anything on my phone that requires that level of speed. I guess streaming, but at that point I'd need to be on wifi so I could have data throughout the month.

My work phone just pulled down 164/45 on ATT "5G" or whatever it is. That's fast and all, but WiFi will still meet any need I can think of. It's not so incredibly fast that it would compel me to shell out for a thousand dollar phone.

For reference my 4G phone hits 7.5/4.6. Way slower. But like I said my phone isn't doing so much heavy lifting with moving data that 5G becomes a must. It's a pure luxury at this point. I'd wait until it's normal and cheap.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
For a phone, I don't see the benefit. I'm never doing anything on my phone that requires that level of speed. I guess streaming, but at that point I'd need to be on wifi so I could have data throughout the month.

My work phone just pulled down 164/45 on ATT "5G" or whatever it is. That's fast and all, but WiFi will still meet any need I can think of. It's not so incredibly fast that it would compel me to shell out for a thousand dollar phone.

For reference my 4G phone hits 7.5/4.6. Way slower. But like I said my phone isn't doing so much heavy lifting with moving data that 5G becomes a must. It's a pure luxury at this point. I'd wait until it's normal and cheap.
I'm on wifi 80% of the time so...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I didn’t think 5g was an actual thing yet. I thought it was more like a 4.1G, using current 4G networks. Basically a slightly boosted signal.

Mostly this is true. But if you're in the right few blocks of major cities and have permission to access the networks, there is a little bit of live true 5G. Hopefully you're not indoors.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
5g is starting to roll out. The problem is that it's coming in various forms. You have mmWave, which is a significant step up in speed, but has major range and penetration issues. Low-band 5G is not nearly as fast but has much better coverage. Mid-band is about to be put into private use, as it was previously mostly for the military.

I tried explaining this to the guy, but nope I'm a "conspiracy theorist" who doesn't have any clue of what's going on. The guy just wants to play freaking Pokemon Go without lagging. He declares himself an Übermensch but he's a freaking dumbass when it comes to anything tech related.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I tried explaining this to the guy, but nope I'm a "conspiracy theorist" who doesn't have any clue of what's going on. The guy just wants to play freaking Pokemon Go without lagging. He declares himself an Übermensch but he's a freaking dumbass when it comes to anything tech related.

Buy his one year old devices for bargain basement prices if he remotely takes care of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad