OT: 74th Obsequious Banter Thread: Remember That Mike Vecchione Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Nice. Now I'm going to ask a question I asked a while back and no one had an answer to.

Where do you get like a Flyers branded stick for these guys to sign? I have a couple that I have gotten over the years that were signed when I received them but I have never seen the blank sticks for sale. They are made specifically for autographs (no curve on the stick, made of solid wood, no brand name other than the team, etc.). Any insight? I really want to get a stick signed by both guys.
Um...well what's stopping you from bringing a silver sharpie (writes on anything) and having them sign your own stick?

I don't have insight on that, no. I brought a puck of my own. And a silver sharpie. They write on anything.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Nice. Now I'm going to ask a question I asked a while back and no one had an answer to.

Where do you get like a Flyers branded stick for these guys to sign? I have a couple that I have gotten over the years that were signed when I received them but I have never seen the blank sticks for sale. They are made specifically for autographs (no curve on the stick, made of solid wood, no brand name other than the team, etc.). Any insight? I really want to get a stick signed by both guys.
Franklin Sports NHL Philadelphia Flyers Team 48-Inch Vinyl Hockey Stick (Right), Junior, Orange like this?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Would look more like this (all wood, no curve on blade, just like it was made only to be signed and never used):

IMG_20200108_132107.jpg
IMG_20200108_132057.jpg
IMG_20200108_132054.jpg

Reactions: Young Sandwich

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Um...well what's stopping you from bringing a silver sharpie (writes on anything) and having them sign your own stick?

I don't have insight on that, no. I brought a puck of my own. And a silver sharpie. They write on anything.

That's probably what I will wind up doing, was just trying to get something specific. I may just go buy a cheap stick at Dick's or Modell's or something.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Chinatown88

This you?

https://nypost.com/2020/01/08/man-sues-after-pokemon-card-worth-60k-vanishes-from-shipping-depot/

Gotta snatch ’em all!

A man shelled out $60,000 for a “priceless, rare” piece of pop culture history — a single Pokemon card — and is now suing because it vanished from a Queens shipping depot, according to court papers obtained by The Post.

Pokemon-loving plaintiff Marwan Alkhaja, 38, of Dubai says in his Brooklyn federal-court suit that he bought the “Trainer No. 3’’ card online from a US seller on eBay in August 2018.

The deal was a steal given that he negotiated the seller down from an original asking price of $85,000.

“This is not ‘just a Pokemon card,’ ” Alkhaja’s lawyer, Mark Zaid, told The Post. “Nothing that is mid-five figures is ‘just a card,’ and it is one of the rarest collectibles within that community.’’

The card was never sold as part of a pack on the open market but only given out as the prize to the third-place finalist of a Japanese competition called Super Secret Battle in 1999.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
As I, along with many others I'm sure, suspected, evidence suggests the Ukrainian plane that crashed was likely shit down by an Iranian missle

Reactions: Defect

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Do any of you guys watch Money Heist? I just finished all of the available episodes and holy shit is that show an adrenaline punch to the throat. Boy howdy.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Do any of you guys watch Money Heist? I just finished all of the available episodes and holy **** is that show an adrenaline punch to the throat. Boy howdy.
I watched the first season. Haven’t seen the rest yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad