Prospect Info: #74OA - C Hudson Elyanuk - Spokane, WHL

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
#74 Hudson Elynuik

#71 in our Draft list.

Some analysts may have a concern that Elynuik’s offense really came to the forefront in the second half of the year and is a relatively small sample size. However, with his good shot, excellent size and skating ability, I do believe he can carry it into next season. Even if he doesn’t though, the size, skating ability and defensive game still give him the potential to be a third or fourth line centre at the NHL level. Elynuik’s style is reminiscent of Lars Eller of the Montreal Canadiens but this is merely a stylistic comparison and not one based on skill level.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/06/11/hudson-elynuik-scouting-report-scouting-report-71/

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Huge kid (6'5), son of former #8OA pick Pat Elyanuk (1986)

19G, 25A in 56 Games

Had a modest start to the season and then his game really picked up from January on scoring 32 of his 44 points then.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Huge kid (6'5), son of former #8OA pick Pat Elyanuk (1986)

19G, 25A in 56 Games

Had a modest start to the season and then his game really picked up from January on scoring 32 of his 44 points then.

He will fit right in with our late December surge.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I was a big fan of Pat Elynuik back in the day. Decent two-way, smart 25-30 goal kind of guy. Not an ounce of physical toughness in his game though. Was a mega-star on the NHLPA 92 video game.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
As the resident Spokane Chiefs fan here on HF I can try to answer any questions about him and I'll give updates throughout the year for you guys if anything interesting happens with him :)

Should be a good pick for you guys. Spokane was hit with a ridiculous number of injuries in January-March and he really stepped up and took advantage of the opportunity. So while the mid-season surge might not look good on paper, in reality he helped carry an injured and struggling team to the playoffs when they might not have made it otherwise. He should have a bigger role from the start this next season and I'm hopeful he can keep it up and improve further.

Miker2k

Sep 19, 2010
Hayden, ID
Should be a good pick for you guys. Spokane was hit with a ridiculous number of injuries in January-March and he really stepped up and took advantage of the opportunity. So while the mid-season surge might not look good on paper, in reality he helped carry an injured and struggling team to the playoffs when they might not have made it otherwise. He should have a bigger role from the start this next season and I'm hopeful he can keep it up and improve further.

It's also worth noting that he missed over a month with a broken toe to start the season. I was a doubter going into last season but he really stepped it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->