GDT: #74 - Penguins @ Bunch of Jerks - 19:00 - ATTSN-PT, FS-CR, TVAS, NHL.TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

Letang will be a game-time decision after missing the past 11 games with an UBI.

Kessel will play in his 320th consecutive game for the Penguins, which will be the record for the organisation. Hopefully he doesn't float out there tonight.

Practice Line-up from this morning

McCann-Crosby-Guentzel
Rust-Blueger-Kessel
Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Blandisi-Cullen-Wilson

Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson

Murray
DeSmith

Projected Jerks Line-up

Niederreiter - Aho - Williams
Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen
Ferland - Wallmark - Martinook
Foegele - McKegg - McGinn

Slavin - Hamilton
Pesce - Faulk
Fleury - van Riemsdyk

Mrazek
McElhinney​

Let's Go Pens!​

Last edited:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

Pretty surprised Canes are starting Mrazek over Mcelh.

IIRR Pens have tortured Mrazek in the past and Mcelh shutout the Pens the last time they played.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’d love to say just relax, take it easy, don’t let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy...unfortunately I think this is a huge *** game that will tell us a lot about the Pens chances in the POs, and I’m not very confident in them...yes, they’ve won 3 Cups and I should happy with any frosting I get, but, dammit, I want the whole cake!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Pretty surprised Canes are starting Mrazek over Mcelh.

IIRR Pens have tortured Mrazek in the past and Mcelh shutout the Pens the last time they played.

Mrazek has been excellent the last couple weeks and Curtis has not, that’s the reason...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The season is long. And October 2018 ColePens never would believe I'm saying this.

I like our defense, when healthy. I like our forwards, when healthy. I even like how the team is playing. The major thing that keeps this team from being great is their inability to finish the game. If you had me list 50 potential things the Pens may struggle with this season, I don't think this would be on there.

They cannot finish games. They let up goals late. They don't comeback late. The teams that won the Cup were near unbeatable when they had the lead. I cannot believe the major issue with this team is legit their inability to finish games. Someone has a mental faux pas every time. Mind-boggling stuff.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They cannot finish games. They let up goals late. They don't comeback late. The teams that won the Cup were near unbeatable when they had the lead. I cannot believe the major issue with this team is legit their inability to finish games. Someone has a mental faux pas every time. Mind-boggling stuff.

How many more wins would we have if we didn't blow any of the games we had a lead with, say, 5 minutes or less left? I can think of three recently (twice against Philly!). There's probably more.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Tonight is a win-win game for us really.

We win and we could close to just 1 point behind the leaders, the Islanders, or be the same behind the Capitals should they win.

Dependant on the other team too.

OR

We lose and Carolina closes the gap but we're still 3rd.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I'm guessing that Murray will, rightly, play tonight?

He has a crazy good record v Canes in PNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad