OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
How does one cheat in daily fantasy

Former Bachelor Contestant Who Won $1 Million on DFS Contest Being Investigated for Cheating | The Action Network

Daily fantasy scandals are nothing new. With everything publicly available, the winners, who often pocket seven figures in cash, tend to have their lineups scrutinized by the daily fantasy (DFS) community.

After the NFL Wild Card games ended on Sunday, DraftKings showed that the winner of its Fantasy Football Millionaire contest was Jade Roper. The same Jade Roper who was on The Bachelor Season 19 and met her husband Tanner Tolbert on Bachelor in Paradise Season 2.

It didn’t take long for DFS Twitter to start posting evidence that Roper and Tolbert potentially violated DraftKings’ rules to gain an advantage over the field. The company announced on Monday morning it was “looking into this matter.”

“We take the integrity and fairness of our contests very seriously,” the company’s statement said. “The DraftKings compliance team reviews the results of all major contests to ensure they comply with our Terms of Use and applicable state regulations. We take the integrity and fairness of our DFS contests seriously, and prizes are not paid out until our reviews are complete.”

At the heart of the issue is whether Roper and Tolbert conspired to ensure their lineups had limited overlap on key players. Doing so would violate DraftKings’ rules, which say that “team-building complementary lineups which serve to work together and executing a strategy that may create any unfair advantage” is unacceptable.

An example DraftKings’ gives:
“You and a group of friends collaborate in NFL contests to each draft different QBs and WRs to guarantee you aren’t competing as directly with each other.”​

This led to folks like William Bierman, a 30-year-old professional daily fantasy player, to begin looking into the lineups of Roper and Tolbert soon after Roper won. He went to RotoGrinders, which allows anyone to search the entries of various players. He said he started with Tanner Tolbert’s entries then looked at his wife’s.

What he saw was alarming.

“I saw it immediately,” Bierman told The Action Network. “One of them took Saturday’s quarterbacks, the other took Sunday’s quarterbacks. They both faded the most popular wide receiver Michael Thomas and both didn’t use Brady. And, even though this is their first win, they’ve done this before where one takes the maximum entries on one quarterback and the other takes the maximum entries on another.”

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
My good friend just had twin boys a few weeks back. He named them Juan and Amal.

He only carries around a picture one of though.

Because if you've seen Juan you've seen Amal.
spongebob.jpg

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
What’s the topic on?

It's a history book told through songs. Two Examples:

The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel is a chapter that will touch on the story that Boxing played in 20th century America. Whether it's in regards to race relations, Ali, Ruben Carter, etc, 0r Pop Culture such as Rocky, Raging Bull, etc.

I Don't Like Mondays by Boomtown Rats is a chapter about the intrinsic link between school shootings and music. Whether it's musicians documenting it (Boomtown Rats, Pearl Jam), musicians being party blamed (Manson), or fall outs (Sandy Hook meets Foster the People).

I plan on writing 30 chapters and dwindling it down to about 18.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Captain Dave Poulin @Hollywood Couturier you guys ready for tonight!?

The premier of Bachelor and 90 day fiance are on. How do you multi task? Now that I'm in my own home, I might partake in this garbage TV

Well I don't watch the Bachelor.

Strictly 90 Day Fiance.

And I just accomplish 50% of each task that i'm supposed to do when my attention is divided.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Has anybody ever been infected (cured by anti-biotics or fecal transplant) or still dealing with a recurring C. difficile infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->