OT: 73rd Obsequious Banter Thread: The Thread With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Dude, I just got off the road and into the house. I was talking about the Before Time. There are plenty of people here to hammer for various things, just give me a pass.

I don't mind getting put on blast for liking the Cowboys, so if anyone needs to get anything off their chest, just count the Cowboys' Superbowl rings and unleash that hell upon me.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
So are the Cowboys really the Patriots of the NFC or is there are particular hate by Eagles fans? I know there would be no sane way to reconcile liking both the Patriots and any other AFC east team. Even when I wasn't following football as closely I still hated the damn Patriots. I didn't like them when Drew Bledsoe was still playing but that cheating ******* Belichick really made it into a seething hatred.
Eagles fans hate the Cowboys SIGNIFICANTLY more than Cowboys fans hate the Eagles.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You could cut the tension with a knife right now.

20191231_160807.jpg

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
In my experience Eagles fans dislike Dallas the most, Giants fans go for Washington, Dallas would say New York, and Washington is more split between Dallas and New York depending on age.
I thought the skins disliked the eagles like the eagles - cowboys.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The skins havent been relevant enough recently to harbor dissent for anyone but their owner.
I haven’t casually watched football since they had that running qb about 6 years ago. Knee injury and I think shoulder injury messed him up

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
In my experience Eagles fans dislike Dallas the most, Giants fans go for Washington, Dallas would say New York, and Washington is more split between Dallas and New York depending on age.

Not sure if exists in Washington but there’s a decent amount of fans that are born & raised in the Philadelphia & New York City areas for god knows what reason that root for the Cowboys which also builds to the animosity.

It’s always the same excuse too. If they’re over 40 it’s because the Cowboys were on tv the most growing up. If they’re younger than it’s because they’re dad is a fan & that’s the reason he was a fan.

It’s f***ing annoying. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So are the Cowboys really the Patriots of the NFC or is there are particular hate by Eagles fans? I know there would be no sane way to reconcile liking both the Patriots and any other AFC east team. Even when I wasn't following football as closely I still hated the damn Patriots. I didn't like them when Drew Bledsoe was still playing but that cheating ******* Belichick really made it into a seething hatred.

Historically yeah but the last 20 years or so the Cowboys haven’t been the most successful organization in the NFC East. Historically the Eagles have probably been the worst but in the 20 years or so they’ve probably been the most successful of the NFC East teams.

The Skins since Snyder buying them 1999 have been easily the worst going on laughing stock levels like the Eagles used to.

So it’s probably generational. Like younger Cowboys fans probably have a different perspective on the Eagles than their parents & grandparents as they’ve seen way more competitive Eagles teams of the age groups. The older generations probably still subconsciously see the Eagles as a laughing stock even though that hasn’t been the case in the last 20 years.

It’s probably killed the other three teams in division that they don’t even have that zero super bowl trump card since 2017 even though two of them have had some long expiration dates on theirs.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

The Redskins are the Cowboys' target in that division much more than the Giants, but I know that you have a lot of contact with New York, which would skew your results in that direction I would guess. I used the word "skew" because I am super into statistical analysis, as you know. The Giants have been competitive much more recently than the Skins, too, but the latter are the primary divisional enemy. Primary conference enemy is still Packers or ****ing 49ers. Primary life enemy is obviously the Steelers.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It’s probably killed the other three teams in division that they don’t even have that zero super bowl trump card since 2017 even though two of them have had some long expiration dates on theirs.

I don't want anyone to get angry at me for saying this, because I am only telling the truth, but the Eagles just aren't seen as that important outside of Philadelphia as they are in Philly. That sounds super ****ing obvious, right? But what I mean is that people in general just don't think about them as much as Philadelphians think they do. I had no idea the Eagles fanbase was as rabid as it is until fairly recently - it just never occurred to me to care. I never saw them as a laughingstock, and I go all the way back to ~1974 watching this league - but I also never saw them as a "big" team, and I am confident that most people outside the city would agree with me. But you could say that about most of the teams in the league - there is a very small handful of teams that transcend their regions.

Nobody @ me - I didn't make this **** up and I am not trying to attack anything. Just offering another perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad