GDT: 72 | "No Text" | Oilers @ Golden Knights | March 17 | 8 PM | SN-W

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Vegas - San Jose first round matchup. Ugh. That sounds as exciting as a CFL preseason game.

Reactions: Yeah15

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
giphy.gif
That’s a glove save right there.

Reactions: KYams17

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My friend with season tickets was telling me last night he was at a game and Katz was leaning over the balcony overlooking at the crowd. A bunch of people in my friend's section looked up and started booing Katz.

Katz actually went to a game from his palace in LA? They got Scrooge McDuck out of his gold coin silo? Must have told him there were loonies left under the seats in the lower bowl or something. That’s what he was looking for.

Reactions: Oilhawks and McDrai

rjayd2

Jan 4, 2015
I don't buy a word that man says. He's not going to publicly humiliate himself and senior management (MacT, Lowe, W. Gretzky) if he said Chiarelli negotiated it himself. That would make them look so bad. You're planning on firing a guy, but he's still allowed to be making deals. CYA...cover your ass. That's what that explanation was.

The Manning trade, Strome trade and Koskinen extension is enough proof for me he was still making deals on his own. The teams performance, tumble down the standings and mass amounts of non-renewals of season tix did Chiarelli in.

Or it was possibly confirmation of how things have been run the whole time: group think but only Chia attaches his name to it publicly. I tend to believe the most incompetent, embarrassing scenario to be closer to truth when it comes to this organization. :rolleyes:

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Or it was possibly confirmation of how things have been run the whole time: group think but only Chia attaches his name to it publicly. I tend to believe the most incompetent, embarrassing scenario to be closer to truth when it comes to this organization. :rolleyes:

We will likely never know the truth unfortunately.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
We will likely never know the truth unfortunately.

I mean it's ineptitude on Nicholson and co.'s part either way, isn't it?

Either they were the ones doing the deals or they were the ones allowing Chiarelli to continue doing the deals. Those are both damning, and one of them has to be true.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Either they were the ones doing the deals or they were the ones allowing Chiarelli to continue doing the deals. Those are both damning, and one of them has to be true.

Yep, it's one or the other. No mix of A with a little bit of B. But them saying it was a group decision makes them look slightly less idiotic to the fans than publicly admitting Chiarelli negotiated every deal on his own. I read a piece on Keith Gretzky on SN the other day and it stated how open he is and discusses things with the higher ups (which they apparently appreciate) more than Chiarelli ever did because he kept things very tight to the chest. I think that was a slip which directly contradicts Nicholson's explanation.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

This is all that needs to be said about Bob Nicholson is this:

When Peter Chiarelli sheepishly crawled out and gave his pathetic post-season interview, he crapped the bed and spread as much blame around as he could to avoid putting it all on him. The only tiny nugget of hope in the whole thing was when he said he was under evaluation like everything else. That "evaluation" ended in 24 hours, I suppose, because it took only one day for Bob Nicholson to come out and publicly support Chiarelli and his "plan". Like a fart in the wind, all hope that the Oilers had developed a sense of personal responsibility was gone. There is no game day this season that feels as bad as that day to me.

Reactions: Aerrol

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
These morons chanting for Subban when he hasn't touched either shot.

Ok. I know the game has been over for hours and I haven’t read the thread yet, but I was commenting to the guy from Regina sitting next to me how funny it is to watch non-hockey fans and how they get excited at things that have no bearing on the game, and completely miss what’s actually important. It was a fun atmosphere and the Vegas fans really get into it but they oohh and ahhh at the weirdest times!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yet at the end of the night we've scored 3 goals and given up 5.

The biggest problem on this team is defense. It has been for a decade.

Our Defense isnt that bad. I think with better wingers our defense would get better.

When only 1 lines scores we just hope and pray the other 3 lines can just get it out of our zone. It works some nights only.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
That was one of the worst performances by a goalie I've seen this year. Koskinen, who was with my Isles for a while, utterly sucked. He was beaten glove side I think 4 or 5 times, and at least one bad 5-hole goal he needed to stop.

There are definitely Josh Bailey-level defensive efforts I saw coming from players like Nugent-Hopkins, standing around watching opponents shoot freely from the slot, but that loss was on the goalie.

No way you can win in the NHL with a goalie playing so poorly, I don't care if you have 5 mcdavids.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
He has a deceptive release on his wrist shot. He should rely on it a lot more on breakaways.

he does shoot it a fair bit on breakaways but he needs more options to fool goalies. he's just not a quick handler and doesn't have a whole lot of "puck agility" with the mitts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->