Game Preview: 3/17/19 vs. St. Louis

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

LAST GAME
Saturday, March 16
Buffalo 2 at Carolina 4
Goals: Skinner, Girgensons
Goalie: Ullmark (25 saves/29 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 37 – Carolina 29

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 212)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Jake McCabe (upper body, March 4) – 6 games
Marco Scandella (upper body, March 16) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, March 20: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 23: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 25: New Jersey at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 26: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 28: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BLUES at SABRES

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Blues this season.
  • Last meeting: St. Louis defeated Buffalo 4-1-0 in St. Louis on Dec. 27, 2018
  • The Sabres are 1-7-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Blues, 2-8-0 at home.
  • This is the 120th game all-time between Buffalo and St. Louis; Buffalo has a 46-56-17 series record.
  • The Sabres are 31-23-6 at home against the Blues all-time.
Phil Housley media availability: March 17, 2019 from 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM at KeyBank Center

Preview: Blues at Sabres

O'REILLY'S RETURN

Ryan O'Reilly will make his first return back to Buffalo since joining the Blues in the offseason. The Blues sent a 2019 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thomspon to the Sabres in the deal.

O'Reilly spent three seasons with Buffalo, posting 176 points (65 goals, 111 assists) in 224 games in Buffalo.
Earlier this week, O'Reilly said he had "no idea" what kind of reception he would get Sunday from Sabres fans.

"I don't know what to really expect," O'Reilly said. "I've been traded before, it helps a lot knowing it's going to be weird to be in that building but at the end of the day, it's two points that we need and just focus on my game that way… it's another game, and another game that will be important for points."

HOT VS. BUFFALO

• O'Reilly has a seven-game point streak (three goals, six assists)
  • Jaden Schwartz has eight points in eight career games (two goals, six assists)
  • Brayden Schenn has eight points in his last 10 games (six goals, two assists)
  • Jake Allen is 6-1-0 with a .947 save-percentage, a 1.40 goals-against average and one shutout in seven career starts against the Sabres.

BLUE NOTES

Alexander Steen is expected to dress in his 700th career game as a Blue, becoming just the sixth player in franchise history to reach that mark… The Blues are 10-3-2 in their last 15 road games.

Last edited:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
A play in three Acts.

Standings after Buffalo’s streak ends:

Sabres 36
Blues 19

Standings on the morning of Buffalo’s first meeting with St. Louis, December 27, 2018:

Sabres 47
Blues 32

Standings on the morning of Buffalo’s second meeting with St. Louis, March 17, 2019:

Blues 81
Sabres 69

Oof.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I really don't care about the pick, I want them to totally embarrass and destroy us. I want the crowd to spend the entire game loudly expressing vitriolic hatred at Pegulia, Botts and Phil in a way where the garbage hockey media couldn't possibly ignore it.

Reactions: Havok89

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
giphy.gif

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I really don't care about the pick, I want them to totally embarrass and destroy us. I want the crowd to spend the entire game loudly expressing vitriolic hatred at Pegulia, Botts and Phil in a way where the garbage hockey media couldn't possibly ignore it.
Either destroy them so bad O'Reilly loses his love of the game, or lose so bad you get Housley fired. I want nothing in between.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
The Blues are going to be up for this game. They are going to want to win it for O'Reilly and the Sabres obviously have no heart. It could be ugly

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn, I didnt realize they're on a 7 game losing streak. The longest active losing streak in the entire league. That's the progress Botts was talking about?

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
this will be the fifth game in a row that I'm not watching. not watching anymore of this shitshow until Housley is gone.

Reactions: Chainshot

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Honest to god, I went to bed last night 'correcting' my wife.

Wife: "I saw we lost 4-2"
You: "Nope, 4-1, we couldn't muster a second goal to save our lifes"

I had no idea Girgensons scored, and I watched the very end to see the Cane's celly. Completely missed a coveted goal!

In other news, we're losing again today.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Honestly at this point I'll almost take Sobotka over Pominville. At least he can win a puck battle once in a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->