GDT: [#71] Vegas Golden Knights @ Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
LV has two FW we didn't want when we had them (Smith and Eakin) and two we (fans at least) really wanted in UFA over the last year. Formerly had 3 unwanted FW, but like a few other teams, they let Neal go in UFA to Calgary where he is struggling. Ginger has 17 goals this year, which would make him a pretty nice 2C for us, but we fans ran him out of town.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This game is also on in Canada tonight on:

Sportsnet East
Sportsnet Ontario

I've seen some listings say it's on Sportsnet 360 as well but I don't think that's right
Where's that?
Sounds like a made up place.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
They called up a goalie. What's wrong with Bishop, is it bad?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
LV has two FW we didn't want when we had them (Smith and Eakin) and two we (fans at least) really wanted in UFA over the last year. Formerly had 3 unwanted FW, but like a few other teams, they let Neal go in UFA to Calgary where he is struggling. Ginger has 17 goals this year, which would make him a pretty nice 2C for us, but we fans ran him out of town.
No his piss poor play got him unprotected.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Nobody wanted Reilly Smith gone . He was traded in an upgrade for a clearly better player in Seguin. Eakin just didn't fit here anymore. There's no reason to believe Eakin would have as good a offensive year as he has in Vegas. He's purely a Center and our roster is filled with Centers who have similar skill to Eakin and thats with Hanzal injured who was aquired as an upgrade over Eakin. ( and didn't even need )

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yes, his last season dipped to 3 goals on about 3% shooting. Every other year he was mid to upper teens in goals. For the GM, a legit question as to whether he was on the downward spiral, especially since he had given him a pretty good contract. Turns out, he wasn't, just an off year. But, if this board was the GM, we would run every player right out of town after a few bad games, as we are pretty heartless.

What's not to like about Cody? Can score, fast, tenacious checker, 2 way player, etc. And his contract probably looks okay now.

Reactions: HatchtrickBateman

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Eakin is a 30-40 point third line Center . We already had plenty of those . Spezza was still good, Faksa was just coming into his own , Seguin is a Center and several decent Center prospects.

Someone needed to be exposed. Nichuskin still had some promise, Ritchie just scored 16 goals in his first NHL season and everybody else was a no brainer to protect. Not to mention how awful Eakin was that season.

Also nobody thought Eakin had a good contract when he was exposed.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Who else would we have preferred to let go in the expansion draft besides Eakin?

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Benn is tough but he’s never fought a heavyweight like Reaves. I doubt anything happens but I hope so.
He fought Byfuglien and held his own. I’m not saying I’d like him to, only that Reaves got some hard shots on Stars players last game with no consequence. Benn tends to respond in those types of situations.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Who else would we have preferred to let go in the expansion draft besides Eakin?

Looking back it's pretty funny they protected Nichushkin instead. But I remember Eakin didn't really have a place in the line-up and was not considered a loss when he was claimed. I recall him being held in a similar esteem to where people are currently holding Ritchie.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
canada is fake

its just a cold place with a bunch of maple trees and buckets

cant change my mind

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Nobody on the Stars can fight Reaves. Just absorb his hits and hope he gets called for charging. He instantly becomes successful in his antics if you fight him and lose.

Reactions: serp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->