GDT: #71 - Sabres vs. Hurricanes at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Typical though. The Sabres are all over them to start the game, then the refs utterly blow a call giving Carolina a goal and getting them into the game. The slash was plain as day and directly caused the goal to be scored.

Reactions: Chainshot

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Do you believe Botts is trying to be competitive next year? Because if he doesn’t, I’m not expecting this roster to be revamped that much.

Seeing what he did last offseason I think we can expect anything really

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It shows that the netminders know they have to be nearly perfect to win. Linus was bad, Hutton's been bad... but the underlying bad defense and lack of scoring remain.

Reactions: Goathead

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I would like to see Jack between Nylander and Thompson. Let casey pivot for Same and Skinner. Why not it would at least give us a chance at balanced scoring. See what we have. Idk. Slainte’

Reactions: Doohickie

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
let's check in on Tage Thompson

Tage ThompsonR10:576940.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

woops, actually let's not do that

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I was most impressed with his physical engagement. He initiated in the corners and along the wall, won pucks, moved his feet. This version of Nylander can stay.

I’m sure being on a winning team all year and having some smidgeon of confindice had nothing to do with it. Thompson definitely had no benefit being there.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It shows that the netminders know they have to be nearly perfect to win. Linus was bad, Hutton's been bad... but the underlying bad defense and lack of scoring remain.

There were opportunities to score. The Sabres simply unable to finish on any of them.

The gift that keeps on giving.......

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
There were opportunities to score. The Sabres simply unable to finish on any of them.

The gift that keeps on giving.......
I raised this point in another thread. Housley is not good but neither are the dregs Bobblehead brought in to fill out the lineup. They simply are not talented and that includes the beloved Erod. Wilson who is the only guy down the lineup who doesn’t score but atbleast hits people. Well Girgs will too.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013

54220433_2080492045333008_561587280557375488_o.jpg

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
We are very likely going to see Botterill utterly break apart this roster left right and centre this offseason . The only safe players not going anywhere is Eichel , Reinhart , Middlestadt, Dahlin , Montour and Skinner and there is no guarantee Skinner resigns

Everyone else can go. We desperately need Jack Hughes or Kaako

I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry at the idea that entering next year the gm needs to find 15 players. After two full years he still has 15 holes.

I said I wouldn’t drink tonight, but this is classic peer pressure.

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
I was most impressed with his physical engagement. He initiated in the corners and along the wall, won pucks, moved his feet. This version of Nylander can stay.

To be fair, Nylander has never looked bad in the NHL thus far in his career (especially compared to his competition on Buffalo)! Hope he stays up!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I raised this point in another thread. Housley is not good but neither are the dregs Bobblehead brought in to fill out the lineup. They simply are not talented and that includes the beloved Erod. Wilson who is the only guy down the lineup who doesn’t score but atbleast hits people. Well Girgs will too.

Agreed. Lack of talent is a lot larger problem than some are willing to admit. Too many 4th liners playing in 2nd and 3rd line positions. We don't have (no longer have) a true #2 much less a #1A line.

Too much dead weight on this team. Botts delivered this roster. I'd give him a D-at best. (which will piss a few sunshine/silver lining guys off but that's life....)

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Pretty much. I hate that they don't bring the forwards back to support their defense with multiple options to outlet. HATE IT. And this is two coaches in a row who have the forwards blowing the zone early. Come back, make it a 10-15' passing option instead of 30-40' or more. Holy moly this drives me nuts.

When was the last time you saw a simple give and go? I think 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->