OT: 70th Obsequious Banter Thread: Hart asked the number to change to 79; we said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Looking for the most affordable way to upgrade my wifes iphone 6s to an 11 and add a new line for myself for an iPhone 11 Pro Max or XS Max, as a new line of service and it's so confusing dealing with these companies.

ATT offered me a plan at 86 a month if i pay for the phones up front or 123 a month if i do installments on a 9gb shared data plan rather then Unlimited

Just went to Verizon store to compare and they wanted 255 a month with unlimited for the same phones. Unreal.

Xfinity Mobile so far has been the best pricing with unlimited for 45 per line, then the device cost. I believe they use Verizons towers as well.

I won't even look at Sprint because they are terrible

T-Mobile some people like it but it still seems sketchy to me.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Looking for the most affordable way to upgrade my wifes iphone 6s to an 11 and add a new line for myself for an iPhone 11 Pro Max or XS Max, as a new line of service and it's so confusing dealing with these companies.

ATT offered me a plan at 86 a month if i pay for the phones up front or 123 a month if i do installments on a 9gb shared data plan rather then Unlimited

Just went to Verizon store to compare and they wanted 255 a month with unlimited for the same phones. Unreal.

Xfinity Mobile so far has been the best pricing with unlimited for 45 per line, then the device cost. I believe they use Verizons towers as well.

i just got the 11 pro 2 weeks ago. Had to switch to verizon because they offered by more than double for my old phone compared to att. att is f***ing terrible.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Well good luck with the self-torture.

My class, starting formally on Sunday, is Ethical Hacking. This current form of the class was a grad class, that they reclassified as undergrad and replaced the undergrad class with. It lets grad students take the course for way cheaper and they can still apparently count it towards their masters.

Except here I am suddenly loaded with a ****ing grad school course load by surprise. I learned this **** yesterday. And there is no avoiding it, no other version I can take. I'm not pleased.

Oof. Sorry to hear that.

If it helps at all, I have known people who can't bring up the strings subview in IDA Pro who jumped through the hoops to get the Certified Ethical Hacker cert. It's not technically rigorous. I would guess you'll be fine.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oof. Sorry to hear that.

If it helps at all, I have known people who can't bring up the strings subview in IDA Pro who jumped through the hoops to get the Certified Ethical Hacker cert. It's not technically rigorous. I would guess you'll be fine.

I hope not.

One of the annoying things with this path is that I normally have 1 week between classes, occasionally 3-4. Once I'm done being totally burned out, I'd have two weeks to prepare and try to take a certification. So in other words, I don't have a chance to build on this stuff while it's fresh, so going back and reviewing is going to be extra obnoxious. I've already forgotten the minutiae of memory frequencies and ethernet cable speeds.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Because I am a complete idiot, I’m going back to school again. If I complain about it, please mock me mercilessly. I did it to myself.
My diploma is at my parent's house, displayed in the format I received it, cheap, but not tacky cardboard backing with fancy garnishing and a light plastic cover. It's swell looking. Folks asked me way back when if I wanted to get it framed, and I declined, disgusted at the idea of spending even more money tangentially related to my education upon the debt I was looking forward to paying off.

I don't visit my parent's super often, but every time I go over and see my diploma it makes me smile. I tricked those f***ers (the school), got my piece of paper, and I'm not giving it back. They can pry it from my cold dead hands.

I thought about going back to school maybe once or twice (only). Then there's a few nightmares I still have about having a paper/test due on the other side of campus and I'm naked and over sleeping in the wrong commons etc. etc. But that's about it.

However, I disagree with you on one premise, you're not a complete idiot, such a thing is kinda like an oxymoron. If an idiot were to be improved upon, would said individual still be an idiot? Can't fix stupid. But a big idiot, impressive idiot, silly, laughable, pitiful, etc., those would all be apt monikers.

Favorite idiot quote, "If you build an idiot proof system, they'll build a better idiot."

Edit- Will the presumed additional expense of this further schooling coincide with a higher earning potential? Can you reasonably expect to off-set this cost, and have higher wages/income, in a time period as not to delay other life plans/ambitions? The answers will influence how harshly the judging will be when you inevitably complain about your self-inflicted plight.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
However, I disagree with you on one premise, you're not a complete idiot, such a thing is kinda like an oxymoron. If an idiot were to be improved upon, would said individual still be an idiot. Can't fix stupid. But a big idiot, impressive idiot, silly, laughable, pitiful, etc., those would all be apt monikers.

Favorite idiot quote, "If you build an idiot proof system, they'll build a better idiot."

Counterpoint: I am an idiot who is not missing any parts. I have retained all of my idiot hands, fingers, feet, and toes. My idiot gallbladder and tonsils were not removed. In fact, I've acquired extra parts over the years, such as the screws in my ankle.

One could even argue I am a complete idiot with some free bonus gifts.

Edit- Will the presumed additional expense of this further schooling coincide with a higher earning potential? Can you reasonably expect to off-set this cost, and have higher wages/income, in a time period as not to delay other life plans/ambitions? The answers will influence how harshly the judging will be when you inevitably complain about your self-inflicted plight.

I will be reimbursed in full and I get a monthish-long paid sabbatical every other year to aid things along, hence the impetus.

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Counterpoint: I am an idiot who is not missing any parts. I have retained all of my idiot hands, fingers, feet, and toes. My idiot gallbladder and tonsils were not removed. In fact, I've acquired extra parts over the years, such as the screws in my ankle.

One could even argue I am a complete idiot with some free bonus gifts.
Still have your wisdom teeth?

TMI -
Foreskin? DO NOT ANSWER!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

I have Sprint and they are a f***ing atrocity

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I'm a galaxy guy and am hoping they run a nice promo with Verizon in the next few years so I can switch. Right now even though my service sucks, the 2 year leases that Sprint runs with samsung is pretty sweet

Ruck Over

Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This is the worst thing I have ever seen. You have lost the internet.
This is the highest praise I've ever received. I am honored, and humbled. I may not reach these same lofty heights again, but I bask in the glory of having reached the pinnacle, and getting to look down on the internet from this summit of excellence.

Seriously, this comment has made my day.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is the highest praise I've ever received. I am honored, and humbled. I may not reach these same lofty heights again, but I bask in the glory of having reached the pinnacle, and getting to look down on the internet from this summit of excellence.

Seriously, this comment has made my day.

Anytime, bro. I am here to spread wisdom, joy and butter. I just air fried some steaks.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Certs are industry standard for me. We have similar requirements, but I was able to clear it up with one chat with HR and the understanding that they only reimburse for steps toward a tangible goal. They weren't much help?

Everything is super 'red tape' over here, so i think ill eventually get them to cover it - i just need to find the right person to talk to. Its fallen down my list of priorities because of all my travel and only being home like every other week at this point.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The **** those damn things can do, man.

Beefette was at a talk today where an Octopus Wrangler talked about how they kept running low on food way ahead of schedule. Turned out an octopus was opening its tank, then it would wander over to the food tank to grab some snacks, then go back to its own tank and shut the lid. They had to set up a camera to figure out who was stealing food.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Great news, I feel like doing the dance Wayne did when he got 5k to do waynes world.

On Aug 29th

I got a new Sirius XM Radio for my Rig. It included 3 months of free programing. Now I couldn't redeem it until 1 day prior to my current promotion I was on for my previous radio which was 9/12 , the bill date is 9/13.

So on 9/12, I call in and I immediately ask for the Manger, because I knew it would be a waste of time talking to a regular person.

He told me that the system was only letting him key in for 2 free months not 3. I said the advertisement on the box says 3 free months. I even sent him a picture with the serial id, receipt from the store, and the radio was activiated. I said if I don't get 3 months, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB and asked to speak to a higher manager. So he says he put in for the 2 months because that's what the system would max let him do, and make a note to grant a 30 day free pass to complete the 3 month free service.

I called today, and went right to a manager, apparently the guy who I spoke to was off. Another Manager gets on and I said I'm suppose to have a 3rd month free, she only sees 2. I said Notes should be posted about the final month free. She saw none, so the first manager didn't do his job and thinks I would have forgotten about the free month.

Think again, after telling the new manager about everything she brings on a higher manager, one with higher power. That manager says for 2 dollars, I'll grant you not only the final month free as agreed on 9/12, I'll throw in 2 additional months to compensate for our error. So I was thrilled.

I'm on the All Access package, there highest package and has every channel..

With being on the Road as I am, I need it.

My channels I love

22 Pearl Jam
34 Lithium
41 Turbo
80 ESPN
81 ESPN Xtra
82 Mad Dog Sports ( I'm a caller and do get on Schein on Sports) my fav
83 - 92 All Sports NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL
167 Canada ( Flyers were just on with being out west)

170 to 240 ( Sports Play by Play MLB NBA NHL NFL NCAA every game no blackout )

204 VSIN ( If you are a betting guru or newbie very good insight info here Brent Muskberger and is guys in the desert are great.)

the bottom line in all of this, don't let anyone sell you short of what you are suppose to get.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly

Going to be tmobile for major carrier postpaid. They have a deal that you most likely saw, https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-iphone-deals#

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I finally faced the architect of my greatest childhood fear in person and he was a wonderfully warm person. I wish I had the extra $100 to go to the VIP party tonight with him and all the other guests. I need to decide who I can afford to get autographs from because they're at least $25 a pop!

IMG_20191018_173934.jpg
IMG_20191018_222648.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad