GDT: #70: FLYERS at Lightning, Thursday, Mar. 12, 2020 - POSTPONED - NHL suspends season

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
So, no playoffs I think. :( At least give Adams for AV (CBJ are not in PO spot now by Pts%) and Selke for Couts. Thanks.

And everyone be healthy, guys!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Ya’ll place way too much importance on faceoffs especially when the player pretty much sucks once the puck is dropped.

Totally how I feel. The difference between the top faceoff guys in the league and somebody like Bunny is probably going to equate to 1 or 2 possessions a game. Bunny was only averaging like 10 draws a game.

Even worse case scenario he is out there for a late game face off after an icing and neither Raffl or anybody else better at faceoffs arent out there it's still like a 40-60 chance we get the puck anyways.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So, no playoffs I think. :( At least give Adams for AV (CBJ are not in PO spot now by Pts%) and Selke for Couts. Thanks.

And everyone be healthy, guys!

There is no indication that they are cancelling the playoffs.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They can "want" to start it back up in a few weeks...but then what happens in 3-4 weeks if a payoff team gets it at that point?

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
PGA Tour to keep playing without fans on site (after the Players Championship).

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
If they suspend the season. There’s a greater chance we see JVR / PATRICK / Myers fully healthy for the playoffs. Extra time to rest.

Hopefully it’s only like a 2 week suspension.

Reactions: Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Conventional wisdom suggests this will die down by the summer, so just postpone until the summer..play the games..start next season later with a truncated schedule. Easy peasy.

Or announce that the regular season has been terminated at the 68 game mark (all teams have played at least 68 games).

Playoffs to begin on-time in the second week of April (if heath officials determine that large group events are safe). Slide the playoff start date if additional time is needed.

LoneFlyerFan21

Apr 9, 2016
Ontario
"Hearing that on-ice officials who are on the road now to work NHL games have been told to book flights home ...."
Pierre LeBrun on twitter

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Conventional wisdom suggests this will die down by the summer, so just postpone until the summer..play the games..start next season later with a truncated schedule. Easy peasy.

This is not factual. Please do not spread "conventional wisdom".

Reactions: flyersNducks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Suspended first I know. But what then? Here will not be vaccine until fall.

But we will see. I hope there will be playoffs, we can win!

I would think the virus will die down in the summer just like the flu and other strains of corona do.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is not factual. Please do not spread "conventional wisdom".

Other forms of coronavirus have existed for a while and have died down in warmer months. I mean, anything is possible of course..it's very early in the research of this particular strain. Either way, I don't think people are going to put too much stock and plan theirs lives around what I say here lol

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

i doubt it stops by summer. This thing has spread to california in less than 2 months. A vaccine won't be made any time soon and until then it will continue to spread. Many people will be asymptomatic but will still have it and pass it on. Hopefully with all the precautions it doesn't as often though.

but what a waste of a season if nothing happens and all our momentum is just gone.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->