Post-Game Talk: #70 | Blue Jackets at FLYERS | Tuesday, Apr. 5, 2022 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP+, BSOH

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I expect the team to lose lots, but I have to admit, concern is starting to set in with regards to Hart. Something looks off. I'm wondering if it's another depression/anxiety spell he's battling through. He doesn't look sharp and he looks defeated.
The team is terrible and he probably feels the most responsible, which is totally unfair to him. Granted he could be playing better and he would admit that but playing behind this group of players would wear anyone down mentally.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was looking alright till he hurt his thumb the other night against Toronto. I wouldn't want to play goalie with a sore thumb, that's for sure.

Reactions: Larry44

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I mean I’d trade Atkinson now if you could while he may have repaired his stock some this year. The contract still might be tough to move anyway though.

But that’s in the mindset of that this team isn’t going anywhere on its current trajectory so I’m cool with moving out salary for futures as I don’t care about the short term right now.

That’s obviously not the mindset of the Flyers though who are shooting to somehow compete next year as misguided as that may be.
If Atkinson gets moved and Yandle retires, I see poor ol Kev...
th

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Harts been good for most of the year. Definitely not as good lately, but all players have ups and downs over the course of a season.

The fact that he’s playing behind a 25% NHL, 50% AHL, and 25% ECHL roster isn’t helping either.

Goaltending is the last of our problems at the moment. We have like 5 good forwards, 1 good defensemen, a shit prospect pool, and a GM who makes the team worse with literally every move.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I hope nobody thinks I'm advocating moving Hart, but its clear (besides the awesome Felcher assembled roster), that Hart could probably use some support outside of hockey. Just speaking as someone who suffers from depression and anxiety, this isn't just a physical struggle with Hart that we're seeing.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Locked on Flyers podcast had a recent guest (Shane M. or something) that said Carter had the worst save percentage in the league with a 1 goal lead. Can't find the data.

Also, mentioned value of guys like Lundqvist spending 200 games in the AHL as beneficial from a mental standpoint of adjusting to the ups and downs of starting out as a pro and wondered if Hart was rushed.

I guess time will tell. Hart certainly was good earlier in the season when games mattered.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Locked on Flyers podcast had a recent guest (Shane M. or something) that said Carter had the worst save percentage in the league with a 1 goal lead. Can't find the data.

Also, mentioned value of guys like Lundqvist spending 200 games in the AHL as beneficial from a mental standpoint of adjusting to the ups and downs of starting out as a pro and wondered if Hart was rushed.

I guess time will tell. Hart certainly was good earlier in the season when games mattered.
Lundqvist never played in the AHL. He played a few years in the Swedish league before going straight to the NHL at 23.

That said Hart obviously did make the jump to the NHL way faster than most goalies of his development route.

3mFlyers

Nov 24, 2021
Developmental advice for Hart that doesn’t require time in the AHL:
1. Stop the puck.
2. Hold on to your stick. Goalie stick in case you are confused.
3. Protect the short side.
I suppose the AHL could help with his glove hand issues....

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

Didn’t Shane also have good things to say about Ginning lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad