7 Round 2006 NHL Entry Mock Draft - Drafting Thread.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
:wild With the 9th Overall Pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft The Minnesota Wild are pleased to select C. Michael Frolik from from Kladno of the Czech Republic :wild

The Florida Panthers are now on the clock.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The Los Angeles Kings are Proud to select from the US National Development Program

Nigel Williams

Atlanta is on the clock

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The Atlanta Thrashers are proud to select, from the Des Moines Bucaneers of the USHL, center KYLE OKPOSO

The Toronto Maple Leafs are now on the clock!

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Alexander the Great said:
:handclap: , I think most users as leaf gm's have picked him, including myself

i was strongly considering a dman... you can never have too many good ones. But the leafs are really weak at wing in their system.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Cup4Wings said:
Listen fellas, as I said in my original posted rules, I need a link to prove these traded picks or my list stands. I will not be changing any "conditional" picks.

Not a big problem... Accuracy takes a major hit, is all.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Jon Prescription said:
I agree. A Tlusty or a Sheppard would be such a great pick for Toronto.

i wouldnt of hesitated in picking sheppard if he was still available. hopefully there are some surprises in late june and he falls to the leafs :)

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Cup4Wings said:
Listen fellas, as I said in my original posted rules, I need a link to prove these traded picks or my list stands. I will not be changing any "conditional" picks.

St. Louis got Vanocuver's 3rd round pick in the Weinrich trade:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/feature/?fid=6307&hubname=
It is the 5th one down.

"Vancouver Canucks acquire defenceman Eric Weinrich from the St. Louis Blues for defenceman Tomas Mojzis and a third-round pick in 2006"

As mentioned; we got Toronto's 4th in the Weight trade:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=268&hubname=
It is also the 5th one down(Jan 30th)

Carolina Hurricanes acquired centre Doug Weight and left wing Erkki Rajamaki from the St. Louis Blues for a first-round pick in 2006, Toronto's fourth-round pick in 2006, Chicago's fourth-round pick in 2007, forward Jesse Boulerice, centre Mike Zigomanis, and the rights to unsigned draft pick Magnus Kahnberg.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
kimzey59 said:
St. Louis got Vanocuver's 3rd round pick in the Weinrich trade:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/feature/?fid=6307&hubname=
It is the 5th one down.

"Vancouver Canucks acquire defenceman Eric Weinrich from the St. Louis Blues for defenceman Tomas Mojzis and a third-round pick in 2006"

As mentioned; we got Toronto's 4th in the Weight trade:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=268&hubname=
It is also the 5th one down(Jan 30th)

Carolina Hurricanes acquired centre Doug Weight and left wing Erkki Rajamaki from the St. Louis Blues for a first-round pick in 2006, Toronto's fourth-round pick in 2006, Chicago's fourth-round pick in 2007, forward Jesse Boulerice, centre Mike Zigomanis, and the rights to unsigned draft pick Magnus Kahnberg.

I will give St.Louis the 79th pick and Carolina the 103rd pick.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
With the 14th pick, the Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select from Kingston of the OHL, Chris Stewart.

The Tampa Bay Lightning are now on the clock.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
With the 15th pick, the Tampa Bay Lightning select, from Thief River Falls of the USHS, Michael Forney.

Montreal is now on the clock.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I've always wanted to say that:

The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select; le Club de Hockey Canadiens est fier de selectionner, des Olympiques de Gatineau, Claude Giroux.

Minnesota is on the clock.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Duff88 said:
The Montreal Canadiens are proud to select; le Club de Hockey Canadiens est fier de selectionner, des Olympiques de Gatineau, Claude Giroux.

Wow!

First real big reach of this mock draft.

Giroux could potentially be an awesome player in the league. Nice balsy pick.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
:wild The Minnesota Wild are THRILLED to select a player they thought would be gone by this point. From the Owen Sound Attack of the Ontario Hockey League D. Bobby Sanguinetti

Colorado is on the clock.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Duff88 said:

WOW, you passed on a top 10 much needed RH offensive defenceman in Bobby Sanguinetti for Giroux. Giroux is talented but he has high bust potential and came out of nowhere. Habs fan would not be happy...anyway it's just for fun.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
WOW, you passed on a top 10 much needed RH offensive defenceman in Bobby Sanguinetti for Giroux. Giroux is talented but he has high bust potential and came out of nowhere. Habs fan would not be happy...anyway it's just for fun.

We discussed about it before we made the pick. After taking everything into consideration, we came to the conclusion we should go with Giroux. The pick was well thought and well planned, that's all I can say. Also, the real habs organisation is very high on Giroux.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad