Post-Game Talk: 7 PM - Bruins vs San Jose - dafoomie replacement game on You Tube - Cookies will be served

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thank You @dafoomie

upload_2020-3-21_17-19-1.png

Tonight's Officials

Referees Mike Hasenfratz (2) & Ian Walsh (29)
Linesmen Scott Driscoll (68) & Derek Nansen (70)

Ntl. Anthem Whitney Doucet

upload_2020-3-21_17-20-45.png

upload_2020-3-21_17-21-18.png

upload_2020-3-21_17-21-55.png

upload_2020-3-21_17-22-32.png

upload_2020-3-21_17-23-2.png

TONIGHT'S GAME - The Bruins host the Sharks tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season and the Sharks’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden …The Bruins are 6-2-0 overall this season with a 2-2-0 mark on home ice …They are playing their first Pacific Division opponent tonight and are 0-1-0 thus far vs. Western Conference foes …The Sharks come in with the league’s best record at 8-0-1 this season and they have a 3-0-1 mark on the road …They are 2-0-0 vs. Atlantic Division opponents this season and they are 3-0-0 thus far vs. Eastern Conference foes. - The Bruins are concluding tonight their 1st of 17 sets of back-to-back games (1-0-0 in game 1s thus far), as they took a 5-2 win in Buffalo last night …It is also the 2nd game of their 1st of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights, as they will host New Jersey on Saturday (1-0- 0 in game 1s).

INJURIES –Man Games Lost: 6 - None

MILESTONES APPROACHING - None

BOSTON vs. SAN JOSE, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Sharks are meeting for the 29th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 14-9-5-0 record with an 88-78 scoring advantage in those games. - The Bruins are 7-4-3-0 in their 14 games of this lifetime series in Boston with a 45-43 scoring edge in those contests. - The Bruins have lost the last 3 meetings between these teams with their last win over the Sharks a 2-1 shootout win in San Jose on Jan. 14, 2010 …They have lost their last 4 home games vs. the Sharks after opening this lifetime series unbeaten on home ice at 7-0-3 …Their last home win over San Jose was a 5-2 victory on Dec. 23, 2002. Fun Facts: These teams did not face each other last season with the last game of this lifetime series a 2-0 Sharks win in San Jose on Mar. 22, 2012 …Tonight’s game will see brothers Dougie (Boston) and Freddie (San Jose) Hamilton facing each other, as Freddie was recalled by the Sharks earlier this week and played his 1st NHL game on Oct. 21 in Detroit …Boston’s last win over the Sharks came via shootout which was the 1st time a game between these teams was decided past regulation …Their 1st 5 meetings that went to OT ended in ties.​

Reactions: old blue

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
NESN is airing the 2011 Cup run starting Tuesday at 8 so I'll have to do something else if people still want anything. Whatever is left of the schedule from then on I'll start at 6 instead of 7.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NESN is airing the 2011 Cup run starting Tuesday at 8 so I'll have to do something else if people still want anything. Whatever is left of the schedule from then on I'll start at 6 instead of 7.

NBCSN will air a goodie Monday night at 7 - Maybe we should invite our friends at HF Leafs

Toronto vs. Boston (2013 Eastern Conf. Quarterfinals)7 p.m.NBCSN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Cool of Edwards to mention Todd McLellan's Calder Cup with Houston. That was 2003 and I went to all 3 games in Houston.

Their opponent, the Hamilton Bulldogs, were a joint affiliate of Edmonton and Montreal, and as such iced a roster of which most ended up in The Show - Ryder, Stoll, Beauchemin, Torres, Turtleneck Plekanec, Komisarek, Conklin, Hainsey; and Geoff Ward was their coach.

The Aeros were Minnesota's affiliate, and as such were playing the parent club's defensive system. No Aeros players made much of an impact in the NHL, but they did win that series and in 7.

Last edited:
Reactions: crimsonace and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Cool of Edwards to mention Todd McLellan's Calder Cup with Houston. That was 2003 and I went to all 3 games in Houston.

Their opponent, the Hamilton Bulldogs, were a joint affiliate of Edmonton and Montreal, and as such iced a roster of which most ended up in The Show - Ryder, Stoll, Beauchemin, Torres, Turtleneck Plekanec, Komisarek, Conklin, Hainsey; and Aaron Ward was their coach.

The Aeros were Minnesota's affiliate, and as such were playing the parent club's defensive system. No Aeros players made much of an impact in the NHL, but they did win that series and in 7.

Is that where you username comes from?

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Is that where you username comes from?
Sure is!

When I first registered, every username I tried was either already taken or inappropriate ;).

So I figured something Houston-related would work.

"Aeroforce" was the name of the fans and/or fan club of the Houston Aeros in the 70's (WHA), 90's (IHL). and 2000's (AHL). Kinda like the Kiss Army only for hockey!

Reactions: Fenway and BMC

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
lol, my usual "get in at the end of the 2nd just in time to see the B's give up a goal" curse is reversed for game that have already happened

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad